Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Foo Fighters aren't bad, "best of you" certainly didn't do them any favors though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Not really a fan of his music, but I like how he promotes scientific rigor.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
http://www.bdcwire.com/the-pretender-why-i-cant-stand-dave-grohl/

:airquote:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thats a good article about david grohl and i agree with it

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
sorry folks, dave kicks rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqL-YNyxFd0

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

thats a good article about david grohl and i agree with it

he seems cool but the music is so painfully average and without any appeal whatsoever to the point where it's almost worse than being outright terrible

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Robbie Fowler posted:

I really only dug in utero by Nirvana while I like NLTL, C&S and WL by the Foo's so they win by 3 albums to 1 imo.

I don't like nevermind because 1, I just don't think it's that great of an album, though territorial pissings is a great song.

Maybe I just hate nevermind because it's the only thing 90% of hipsters know about while wearing their swimming baby shirt.

oh my god. what are you talking about. why would you call someone who doesn't know nirvana's music a hipster. im literally so mad right now.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
foo fighters are garbage. nirvana is GOAT status.

Mr. Welfare
Feb 12, 2009

Centrelink's Finest
He existed for the sole purpose of which my idiotic fanboy former co-worker used to sulk all day when I said "The Foo Fighters are bland and the kind of music you listen to when you're twelve and don't know any better."

You just can't buy that sort of fun.

However, if I recall correctly, he's living in the city on the dole and drinking/blazing it up, so he got the last laugh.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
He's really gross and grody looking.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Harald posted:

if you think "Learn to Fly" is a good song just loving kill yourself

It's not my favorite song of theirs, but it's not terrible?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Deki posted:

It's not my favorite song of theirs, but it's not terrible?

this is every foo fighters song though. How one would consciously queue up learn to fly and make the decision to listen to it is totally beyond me.

It's such a blah song its hard to imagine a more boring and tired sounding song

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

you jelly

we're gonna have to call the jelly police

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
learn to fly is basically that lenny kravitz song but whiter

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dave grohl stocks up on song titles in the inspirational wall plaque aisle of a Kirkland's

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
he and his bandmates used to give money to a group that told people with hiv not to use a condom because hiv causing aids is a government lie im not joking

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

fyodor posted:

he and his bandmates used to give money to a group that told people with hiv not to use a condom because hiv causing aids is a government lie im not joking

well get this: he's right

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

ProPaynis posted:

Nirvana is terrible. Foo Fighters are really terrible. hth
Yeah well you joined in 2014 so you're a little kid. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

"I'm living alive and well without any AIDS medication"

Wait, did that lady have AIDS?

I'm guessing she's dead now if the doc is from 2002

I had a look once and i'm pretty sure like, everybody from that organisation is dead now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Foo Fighters is simply radio-safe, easily packaged rock-n-roll for people who like to ROCK but only just enough to make sure to not make any statement or opinions that might offend or make people think.

Musically its good I guess, but completely uninteresting. Its not on the same planet of 'bad' as Nickleback or whatever but similarly "Meh" inducing.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Foo Fighters is simply radio-safe, easily packaged rock-n-roll for people who like to ROCK but only just enough to make sure to not make any statement or opinions that might offend or make people think.

Musically its good I guess, but completely uninteresting. Its not on the same planet of 'bad' as Nickleback or whatever but similarly "Meh" inducing.

hell, i'm convinced.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Previa_fun posted:

Yes. I like a lot of the first Foo Fighters album though.

yeah i really liked that one back when it came out, beyond that and a few of the singles off their following album I think most of their music is mundane and forgettable. i really dont know enough about Dave Grohl to comment on him personally though. IMHO present day Foo Fighters arent nearly as unbearable as other mainstream rock acts like Coldplay, Mumford, or fuckin Imagine dragons though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imxAeQZjBeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXg5bNXmY0k

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 5, 2014

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

shellac is the last true rock band

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pivotal Lever posted:

shellac is the last true rock band

no that would be Skillet, with 2nd place going to Train

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

hey now leave bob seger out of this

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

comes along bort posted:

hey now leave bob seger out of this

lol

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
sorry Franco, but "Big Me" is the only Foo Fighters song I've ever liked

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gnarlyhotep posted:

sorry Franco, but "Big Me" is the only Foo Fighters song I've ever liked

Probate this malcontent

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mookface posted:

Probate this malcontent

I'm listening to the Ramones right now bitch

I give no fuycks

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I saw an episode of their documentary Sonic Highways or whatever where they were in I think Austin and talking about all the great bands that played at the venue, Fats Domino, ZZ Top, whatever, and it was a pretty cool storied history of the place, and then they were like YEA AND NOW THE FOO FIGHTERS ARE NEXT IN LINE GONNA TEAR IT UP and they played some horribly lovely generic rock song that kind of ruined everything that came before

That basically sums up how I feel about the foo fighters

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Bug Bill Murray posted:

I saw an episode of their documentary Sonic Highways or whatever where they were in I think Austin and talking about all the great bands that played at the venue, Fats Domino, ZZ Top, whatever, and it was a pretty cool storied history of the place, and then they were like YEA AND NOW THE FOO FIGHTERS ARE NEXT IN LINE GONNA TEAR IT UP and they played some horribly lovely generic rock song that kind of ruined everything that came before

That basically sums up how I feel about the foo fighters

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

logical phalluses posted:

oh my god. what are you talking about. why would you call someone who doesn't know nirvana's music a hipster. im literally so mad right now.

because it's "cool" to like nirvana even though they can't name anything than smells like teen spirit. seems pretty logical to me. not to mention all the idiots wearing cobain shirts.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I never really liked Nirvana

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

hes not cool and hes bad bad but i guess you are entitled to your opinion just as hes entitled to his opinion on hiv

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i agree, he sucks and is bad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Nirvana is good, Kurt Cobain was clever and funny

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Free THS.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

just a few minutes now

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Robbie Fowler posted:

because it's "cool" to like nirvana even though they can't name anything than smells like teen spirit. seems pretty logical to me. not to mention all the idiots wearing cobain shirts.

lol this person only exists in your mind

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

fanged wang posted:

lol this person only exists in your mind
i wish. then i could just hate myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i refuse to believe that person exists in tyool