Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Well we already used these vets to fight a war under false pretenses, might as well use them to make a false controversy for political gain, too.

:911: :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

is that lowtax on the right?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
we don't yet have enough evidence to say its not him, maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle :southpark:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i like theres one guy almost completely obscured so the guy in front of him looks like he has a giant growth coming out of his head
these are some deformed-lookin dudes

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

gary oldmans diary posted:

i like theres one guy almost completely obscured so the guy in front of him looks like he has a giant growth coming out of his head
these are some deformed-lookin dudes

Its all the agent orange.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
That's right folks, military service makes you a coward. At least if you're a democrat

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I bet the boats werent even that swift.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Thhe guy who dodged the draft to get drunk is the actual Aryan superman #nogods "#nomasters

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbFvAaO9j8M

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's pretty incredible that this tactic actually worked against Kerry.

That and his utter lack of charisma. If he had an ounce he would have been able to completely turn the tables on these idiots.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I like how they sacrificed the dignity of all veterans who received medals just to shame one guy and win an election then when they won promptly cut veterans benefits

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Luvcow posted:

I like how they sacrificed the dignity of all veterans who received medals just to shame one guy and win an election then when they won promptly cut veterans benefits

The veterans who support republicans outweighed the opinions of the non-republican veterans. It's likely still lop-sided.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Well John Kerry is a huge pussy so the core SBVT accusation is p spot on.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Well John Kerry is a huge pussy so the core SBVT accusation is p spot on.

he was actually pretty bad rear end

i mean, when it came to killing viet cong he was. turns out those skills didn't really transfer to being good at campaigning for president

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Luvcow posted:

owned

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the republican convention that year was pretty :psyduck: with the delegates yelling support our troops while wearing purple heart bandaids on their chins

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
I think it was the same year that Saxby Chambliss took Max Cleland's senate seat after accusing Senator Cleland, a triple amputee veteran, of being soft on national security.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luvcow posted:

same. its proof that life is a joke

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
2004 was a great year, truly.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I think it was the same year that Saxby Chambliss took Max Cleland's senate seat after accusing Senator Cleland, a triple amputee veteran, of being soft on national security.

He ran an ad calling him a coward, actually.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
and then its like, look at this gently caress john mccain he just sat on his rear end during the nam, chilling while john kerry was actually out doing poo poo.

the hypocrisy, yknow

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

to be fair, john kerry really is a huge pussy

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

john kerry's accomplishments as secretary of state:

being further to the right of donald rumsfeld

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
kerry jumped out of boats and machine gunned VC one handed while dragging a wounded guy with the other, thats like primo red state wank material

but yeah he was a droopy dog looking motherfuck with the raw charisma of toasted cheese lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

thats really not a fair comparison THS, im calling you out on this

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

thats really not a fair comparison THS, im calling you out on this

OK he just normalized it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rummy was a completely different brand of ideologue waterhead

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

OK he just normalized it

Both sides, amirite?

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Cnut the Great posted:

[john kerry] was actually pretty bad rear end
:what:

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

TEAYCHES posted:

Err Donald Rumsfeld was the Secretary of Defense and has stuck to that line of work and job... not really comparable to the job of Secretary of State.

Also, John Kerry hasn't done anything particularly right wing as Secretary of State. He as against invading Syria and has been an advocate for sanctions as opposed to warfare in both Syria and Russia. I guess he's been pushing for a peace deal between Palestine & Israel hard, as well as an Iranian Nuclear deal... but none of those efforts could really be characterized as "right wing".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the IT guys at work was a horrible right wing person who came in once wearing a "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" shirt. He eventually got fired because they were cutting costs and decided to get rid of the guy who was a huge rear end in a top hat.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
your whole premise is flawed OP

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 7, 2014

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

paranoid randroid posted:

rummy was a completely different brand of ideologue waterhead

He was very bad at his job. The Bush Admin was a real piece of work and I miss it. Those were some great years.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

folgore posted:

He was very bad at his job. The Bush Admin was a real piece of work and I miss it. Those were some great years.

its like that lewis black bit about politics being someone saying "i got a really lovely idea" and then someone else going "yeah? well i can make it even shittier!" rumsfeld somehow made the invasion of iraq even loving dumber by taking it as gospel that sunni arabs secretly want be iowans. oh and also we can do this thing with like half the force everyone says we will need, because NEW MODEL ARMY

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
you guys ever gonna remember how kerry accidently gave syria to russia and conmended thousand of civilians to death by gas

lmao yeah pretty funny stuff

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sexy young infidel posted:

you guys ever gonna remember how kerry accidently gave syria to russia and conmended thousand of civilians to death by gas

lmao yeah pretty funny stuff

"gave Syria to Russia".

How does that work, geopolitical expert?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rusisa can have syria. that place is a dump and we already snagged omar suleyman so its not like theres anyhting worth going loud over

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I secede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh no krak de chevaliers is getting exploded waa waa waa wont someone give a drat about this big dumb crusader castle built by rank proto-frenchies back in the year duhhh

• Locked thread