Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

To me, the only Iago is Bob Hoskins.

This might not even be the right thread because they are almost straight filmed performances, but that BBC collection from the late 70's/early 80's are great if you want to see the plays acted in their near-complete forms, with minimal set design and cheap costumes. Highlights are Hamlet (Derek Jacobi), Othello (Anthony Hopkins and Bob Hoskins), and Timon of Athens with Jonathon Pryce.

i like the version of Titus Andronicus from this series even more than the Julie Taymor version. it's the only one I've seen in its entirety, though. Hoskins as Iago sounds great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread