Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I have a chance to get into the program by the summer, but from what I'm hearing it's already a bad idea and everything seems pretty anecdotical at the moment. It's all very conflicting information because that's what is best. I was already kind of wary about doing this course in the first place, just don't know if I really want to do this. But is it really a bad choice of for a career?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Zain posted:

I have a chance to get into the program by the summer, but from what I'm hearing it's already a bad idea and everything seems pretty anecdotical at the moment. It's all very conflicting information because that's what is best. I was already kind of wary about doing this course in the first place, just don't know if I really want to do this. But is it really a bad choice of for a career?

It depends what you want out of your career. If you're looking for a mid five figure job that you can get with only an associates degree/certificate program that is relatively stable in terms of employment prospects and isn't completely mindless, radiology tech is a good option. Software companies that do medical software also like having people with tech backgrounds doing stuff like designing the software.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Okay that makes sense... Would it be any better or worse than say Respiratory Therapy?

fruition
Feb 1, 2014

Zain posted:

Okay that makes sense... Would it be any better or worse than say Respiratory Therapy?

I have friends that are Respiratory Therapists and their jobs seem to require much more hands-on and invasive patient care. For instance, in some (most?) hospitals it's the RTs that are the ones that stick needles in patients' arteries to get arterial blood gas readings...uh gently caress THAT. You also have to care for patients with tracheostomies, google "tracheostomy sputum" for some vomit inducing material, and maintain patients on ventilator machines.

Gun to my head, I'd choose Radiology Tech over Respiratory Therapist but I admittedly don't have any personal experience with either profession.

• Locked thread