Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
I mean, its literally made for neckbeards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Mind
Aug 5, 2007

Said it's ok...
Abe Lincoln sucks. Robert e lee owns.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
#showerthoughts

mrhappytongue
Oct 13, 2003

by Lowtax
Cause that's not how you spell his name?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
gently caress! I just trademarked Abe Con...

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Who wants to celebrate a tyrant?

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
I'm down to thow a Lin Con

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Um...

why don't you write to the Association of Lincoln Presenters and take it up with them?

Abraham Lincoln Impersonators Gather At Convention In Ohio

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- John Cooper's obsession with being Abraham Lincoln began one score and five years ago. Its beginnings were humble.

Tall, lean and bearded, the Ohio man already bore a passing resemblance to the Rail Splitter, or so he was told. One Halloween he donned a frock coat he found in his mother's attic, and his wife fashioned a stovepipe hat out of cardboard. A little spray paint on his beard, and he was ready for trick or treat with the kids.

He was so convincing that before long he was invited to come to schools in costume around Presidents Day. Then people started paying him to show up at their events in character to talk about the 16th president.

The rest is history.

But honestly, this is a huge weekend for the 62-year-old Cooper, who is helping to host a gathering of impersonators of the Great Emancipator in Columbus.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/12/abraham-lincoln-impersonators-convention-ohio_n_3071751.html

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
He was headed that way but I think the big budget Lincoln movie took the fun out of the growing meme and vampire slayer stories. Lincoln fanatics would be a pretty cool thing to see plus it encourages the thin.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
The Lin Con is when your internet hype train fools a team into making you starting point guard.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Stink Billyums posted:

The Lin Con is when your internet hype train fools a team into making you starting point guard.

I wanted to make a Jeremy Lin joke like 8 hours ago when I first saw this thread, just so everyone knows I thought of it first.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

convention for paroled felons: ex-con

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'd rather go to a Chaka Khan convention called Chaka con.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I like Lincoln's beard because a little girl asked him to grow it and it put a charlatan out of work

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
would it be uncouth to show up as John Wilkes Booth

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guancho posted:

would it be uncouth to show up as John Wilkes Booth

Probably blow a few minds actually

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

Acquire Currency! posted:

Too soon

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

Acquire Currency! posted:

lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Alternatively it could be a "colnvention," OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Or a band called the Stinkin Lincolns, and they are all zombie Lincolns

• Locked thread