Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khorne
May 1, 2002

Clochette posted:

Billy Cosby hasn't raped anyone for a few years either
a pattern of pre-meditated serial drugging & raping over the course of 4 decades and repeated attempts to bury/deny accusations or was an impulsive shithead when he was 16 and then grew up

hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Bacicot posted:

He also hasn't paid his dues or admitted any wrongdoing or shown any shred of remorse

yea marky mark was found guilty and did his time, what is this court of public opinion bullshit

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
OP is a Tough on Crime republican politician

there is no rehabilitation in his eyes

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Mark Wahlberg has never assaulted me, physically or emotionally. Well, maybe emotionally with "the happening"

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

how did he only get 45 days for greviously wounding and blinding someone, is he the son of a politician or something

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Didn't really know that Marky Mark had real street cred

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

a posting ghost posted:

He's always been a punk but he can act good (sometimes) so what do I care

He's actually the worst part of Transformers 4.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

ashgromnies posted:

yea marky mark was found guilty and did his time, what is this court of public opinion bullshit

45 days for attempted murder? That's not even close to serving time.

Can you imagine if Marky-Mark was a black teenager who threw rocks at kids and blinded an old man in a robbery? He wouldn't have made it to the age of 20.

Clochette fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 8, 2014

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Clochette posted:

Can you imagine if Marky-Mark was a black teenager who threw rocks at kids and blinded an old man in a robbery? He wouldn't have made it to the age of 20.

maybe you should become a judge or prosecutor and actually change something rather than bitching on the something awful forums about something that happened decades ago

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Clochette posted:

He was 16, and MA is pretty light on sentencing for most kinds of crime. Especially for minors and people with no real priors.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

He's actually the worst part of Transformers 4.

but the best part of The Departed

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
This always makes me laugh, Say Hi to your mother for me.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=05a_1366339453&comments=1

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

sexy young infidel posted:

some of us have to be movie stars, OP, and some of us have to eat pizza off the floor and post threads about movie stars. Really makes you think

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

a posting ghost posted:

but the best part of The Departed

I don't even think he was playing a character.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

some of us have to be movie stars, OP, and some of us have to eat pizza off the floor and post threads about movie stars. Really makes you think

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

I don't see why he should be pardoned but Average Joe American wouldn't be pardoned. If he gets this removed from his record, then so should anyone else who has gone on to live a life without committing any additional crimes.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

he should get a boot in his rear end usa #1

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

johnny sack posted:

I don't see why he should be pardoned but Average Joe American wouldn't be pardoned. If he gets this removed from his record, then so should anyone else who has gone on to live a life without committing any additional crimes.

That's my whole point. I really don't think we would be having this conversation if Mark Wahlberg wasn't at all famous. I wouldn't mind if he was actually remorseful, but he never bothered to make reparations to the man he blinded or apologize or anything. And he has more than enough resources to do so.

Clochette fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 8, 2014

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
what happened to probationism against the racism ITT HTH LMBO MAX PAYNE WAS BAD DONNIE WAHLBERG GETS BETTER SEX WITH YOUR GF-WAIFU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Clochette posted:

I wouldn't mind if he was actually remorseful, but he never bothered to make reparations to the man he blinded or apologize or anything. And he has more than enough resources to do so.

This is the crux of the issue really and if y'all weird celebrity apologists can't see that then god help you.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

mind the walrus posted:

This is the crux of the issue really and if y'all weird celebrity apologists can't see that then god help you.

he's just so handsome though

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

:drat::hf::vince:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have a coffee table to eat pizza on now

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

until you've done even 1/4 of the charity work he's done, you don't get to be mad

also floor pizza lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Clochette posted:

Mark Wahlberg Is Seeking a Pardon for His 1988 Assault Conviction

Fun fact: as a young man, Mark Wahlberg committed multiple hate crimes. He threw rocks at black schoolchildren and shouted racial slurs at them, and was actually charged with attempted murder for beating and permanently blinding a Vietnamese man in one eye. (Again, while shouting racial slurs.) He served 45 days in prison. Now he's asking to be pardoned for it because being an attempted murderer is keeping him from mentoring troubled youth or some poo poo.

If Wahlberg didn't have the extraordinary luck of being a celebrity, right now a guy named Slinky would be tattooing a swastika onto Marky-Mark as he served his third sentence for armed robbery in a correctional facility. poo poo, my uncle tried to kill a guy with a shovel once and he ended up being a homeless heroin addict.

Wahlberg didn't even apologize, he was just like "lol my bad about that thing with the hate crime, I'd apologize to that fine Vietnamese fellow but I haven't gotten around to it yet because I'm too busy being a movie star. It's cool though, I forgive myself and I go to church like a million times a year"

what the fuuuuck

I forgive Mark Wahlberg, but I don't forgive you.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
OP I'm sorry I did :drat::hf::vince: on the pizza reference, that probably wasn't nice but sometimes gently caress the Row is really funny. I'm assuming Marky Mark is doing what any of us can do and asking for something he did to be removed from his record so he can go back and do charity work. :shrug:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Arian_Samurai posted:

I don't even think he was playing a character.

He said in an interview that he based the character off some of the cops who arrested him when he was in his hoodlum phase

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Clochette posted:

That's my whole point. I really don't think we would be having this conversation if Mark Wahlberg wasn't at all famous. I wouldn't mind if he was actually remorseful, but he never bothered to make reparations to the man he blinded or apologize or anything. And he has more than enough resources to do so.

Youre only asking him to make reparations or apologize as a celebrity..if he wasnt one right now you wouldnt be asking him to do anything. Sure hes held to a higher standard now, but he shouldnt be expected to apply that standard to past behavior as well. and maybe the guy he blinded had it coming, who knows. If he doesnt feel remorseful its not on anyone to demand it of him, especially since it was before he became famous.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

a posting ghost posted:

Youre only asking him to make reparations or apologize as a celebrity..if he wasnt one right now you wouldnt be asking him to do anything. Sure hes held to a higher standard now, but he shouldnt be expected to apply that standard to past behavior as well. and maybe the guy he blinded had it coming, who knows. If he doesnt feel remorseful its not on anyone to demand it of him, especially since it was before he became famous.

gently caress you

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

gently caress you

Hes a dancing monkey for all intents and purposes, what is he, your ethical guide? Let him dance, dont ask so many questions. He doesnt have anything else to tell you

If you demanded perfect ethical behavior from everyone who ever appeared on a big screen, you would be thinning the ranks real quick. Theyre dancing monkeys, let them have their hosed up off screen lives and theyll clap their cymbals for you the rest of the time

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The pardon has to come from the governor of the state. Literally asking the highest executive of a state to erase his record so he can get a liquor license or some poo poo. Pardons are for miscarriages of justice or when you're convicted under a stupid rear end law, not so you can have a better life because of some stupid poo poo you did in your past. I'm sure there are thousands of people that can't get decent jobs or do what they want because of dumbass decisions made when they were younger, and they don't petition the governor to abloo abloo expunge their record, or if they did, it isn't seriously considered.

He has had a successful career as an actor, and thats awesome for him. Doesn't mean the other guy can somehow see again after he tried to murder him. Also why doesn't he just donate money to the guy he hurt instead of shrugging about it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
mark wahlberg raped and killed a girl in 1990

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
op i'm going to attempt murder on you

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Clochette posted:

Billy Cosby hasn't raped anyone for a few years either

Cosby has never raped

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Mods knew.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

serious norman posted:

Cosby has never raped

agreed. whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty". i'm pretty certain we do not have videos of bill cosby raping anyone, or, admitting to it., and he has not been tried.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Clochette posted:

Fun fact: as a young man, Mark Wahlberg committed multiple hate crimes. He threw rocks at black schoolchildren and shouted racial slurs at them, and was actually charged with attempted murder for beating and permanently blinding a Vietnamese man in one eye. (Again, while shouting racial slurs.) He served 45 days in prison. Now he's asking to be pardoned for it because being an attempted murderer is keeping him from mentoring troubled youth or some poo poo.

If Wahlberg didn't have the extraordinary luck of being a celebrity, right now a guy named Slinky would be tattooing a swastika onto Marky-Mark as he served his third sentence for armed robbery in a correctional facility. poo poo, my uncle tried to kill a guy with a shovel once and he ended up being a homeless heroin addict.

Wahlberg didn't even apologize, he was just like "lol my bad about that thing with the hate crime, I'd apologize to that fine Vietnamese fellow but I haven't gotten around to it yet because I'm too busy being a movie star. It's cool though, I forgive myself and I go to church like a million times a year"

what the fuuuuck

thats crab in a bucket mind set OP

you should be happy for him

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

the dude has done more good than bad in his life. he even started a foundation to keep teens from turning into assholes like he was as a teen.

sorry he hasn't lived up to your dumb standards op. go back to stalking mentally ill people online i guess

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Disgusting Coward posted:

Who had the shovel, your uncle or the guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usernamecooper
May 3, 2014

by Lowtax

Clochette posted:

I forgive myself and I go to church like a million times a year"

how many churches and how many times a day is this man attending? i think he is pardoned of all things, except being the son of god.

• Locked thread