Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The media relentlessly tells us to pity anyone who doesn't spend their time and money at a bar emitting the right combination of brayings to make a woman have sex with you. To pity anyone who isn't on the corporate ladder toiling and languishing in servile labor. Neckbeards rightly see these as insults to human dignity.

But what is a neckbeard? A person who is highly intelligent but socially inept, and obviously spends too much time on computer. Sometimes he works a technical or retail job but often he has no job at all. People are disgusted by us because we reject modern values of empty novelty and consumption, opting instead for a life of quiet contemplation.

More and more of us are laughing off our "duty" to be productive, obedient members of society. We are taking back the term neckbeard, with all its negative implications, and are proud to walk off the beaten path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
:neckbeard:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my diabetes doesnt define me my terrible posting does

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

good for you op

love yourself, all 500lbs

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Beef Turret posted:

highly intelligent

common misconception

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Does playing vidya games count as quiet contemplation?

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I am a literal neck beard in the sense that my facial hair grows very fast on my neck, particularly the right side. It's very frustrating.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

krampster2 posted:

I am a literal neck beard in the sense that my facial hair grows very fast on my neck, particularly the right side. It's very frustrating.

this is quite disturbing. you could wake up as a goon.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Rambling Robot posted:

this is quite disturbing. you could wake up as a goon.

Not as disturbing as your threads being gassed just then. That made me cry.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

krampster2 posted:

Not as disturbing as your threads being gassed just then. That made me cry.

oh no!!!

it has so much potential!

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
I'm just a bald neck, no beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
If neckbeards are intelligent, why the hell are they neckbeards? Answer me this, mister smarty pants.

• Locked thread