Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
What if that wizard came from Albuquerque, dinklebot? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I just realized that I spent 20 hours on my hunter, I have 60 crucible marks which would be fine since I could buy (tomorrow) a new piece of armor... if I loving had dead orbit at level 3 already. :argh:
I have a ton of materials but I can't spend them anymore for rapidly grinding my crucible rep :sigh:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Athenry posted:

Now I want to change my PSN name.

Sony would ban you and steal all the access to your games for having "xbox" in the name.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

I can have destinypublicevents.com on screen at the same time I'm playing destiny, ha ha suck it poopstation users.

Oh wait the website works on my phone too? And doesn't eat up 20% of my TV? Aww man. :smith:

Xbox snap internet explorer go to destiny public events dot com

edit: vvvv :drat: vvvv

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 8, 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mister Chompers posted:

New playstation exclusive strike confirmed to be 90% running through existing black garden stuff, no reason to be upset xboners.

Why should I not get upset? It's clear that the strike was ON DISK DLC that was available since DAY 1 so it should be free to both the xbone and paying customers of the game!!! :argh:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Veg posted:

24-30, itll get them over the level 25 hump.

Its fun as gently caress and I'll still be doing it each week.

Considering that probably the Crota raid will give shards for Crota raid weapons, while the VoG still is a farm for ascendant materials then I think I'll be still joining people doing VoG.

my new dog posted:

UUuuuhhh towers been sort of updated. Factions require crucible commendations for buying stuff, and it would seem those are only obtainable by leveling up your crucible rank. So now you gotta juggle your rep gains it would seem hoooraaay

E: good thing ive been ignoring crucible rep since day one huh fffffffffuck this

That sounds awful, even worse for my hunter.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The bungie website was updated and there is an Eris Morn screen with one bounty (for now).

"Kill Hive using a blade's sword on earth"

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 9, 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

SPOILER WARNING SEPHIROTH KILLS ERIS

CROTA LIED ERIS DIED

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

TG-Chrono posted:

AUSGOONS HAVE CLEARED FIRST AREA OF RAID OMFG THAT WAS INTENSE
http://www.twitch.tv/rappo000

I really hope you will be backing up that video. (And that Twitch will not shut down the audio).

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

monkeu posted:

Well they've got two options, stagnate the entire game and never add new strikes to nightfalls and weeklies to keep people who don't buy expansions happy, or keep adding content to the rotation as it comes out to make the game better. Bad luck poors? I for one am happy with the decision.

That can be elegantly solved by:
  • either making a new button on the director, you can press only one each day, but the expansion pack button will give you expansion pack related materials
  • or if you don't have the DLC you will still see an appropriate strike or mission you have (for example ep 2 -> ep 1 -> base game) so that you still have an activity to do.

Seriously, I bought the two DLCs, but it seems odd to me to just tell people "sorry, on monday and thursday you can't get your marks or shards" or "sorry guys, this week is not good for the nightfall".
You are keeping people away from a fun way to get strange coins and vanguard marks.

Since there is matchmaking there's no reason why bungie should not attempt to mark which games you recently were in, and push you to an expansion pack map if all the other players have the map.

Or to open those crucible map as a promo for limited time playlists or events. Instead of Double XP Week End just do Tourist Week Ends.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
"It's not an acolyte loin cloth, it's the spoils of war"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Bungie should create a crucible map called "The Demonhead".

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Avalanche posted:

No one is running VoG, so no way to get shards that way.

I still have 2 underleveled characters, (three if you count that my titan is only 29) and still need shards and strange coins, so I'll probably be available still for VoGs and weeklies.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

VoLaTiLe posted:

I sold my Destiny to a guy at work for £40 last week after convincing him it was really good.

I'm a bad work colleague :smuggo: :shepspends:

Why? You told him the truth. :v:
Destiny is good, it's the ongoing support that is sometimes so-so.

edit vvv that's true vvv

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 10, 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

applebane posted:

Titan flashbangs will leave the boss sitting there doing nothing for a few seconds if your aim is good enough

What about bubble + saint 14 blindness perk + titan fist?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

hostile apostle posted:

Next Fall is Comet, the "large" DLC expansion. Destiny 2 is probably Fall 2016.

Which would leave six months between House of Wolves and Comet. Unless the "june" expansion is the playstation exclusive 7 days Comet Beta for E3.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Harlock posted:

If the DLC packs are $20 each, the Comet will probably be $30.

My idea? Standalone game with 2 new regions with lvl 1-20 missions and 2 patrols, 1 raid, and 1 new subclass.
1 new character slot for everyone and a puppy emblem in a strike chest.
Cost: 40$ minimum.

My wish? All of the above but 4 new sectors (one or two can be on different zones on earth or venus) and 4 patrols. PVP Patrols.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Leveling up eris to 4 will take forever.

Nowadays I am so accustomed to read about Destiny Thread Drama would be disappointed if leveling Eris up to 4 will not end up being disappointing. :v:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

This is the best news, I hope that smug piece of poo poo who calls himself the queen's brother shows up as a boss because I want nothing more than to break his pretty face with my titan's fist.

Though it will probably be something stupid like "there's a prison riot going on since the archon priest was sprung, go clean it up because we are useless pieces of poo poo putting bounties on level 2 bosses"

Fixed for truth.

Its Miller Time posted:

What is the point of Eros bounties? I did the initial ones to get the Murmur. But now I'm reading on reddit he's going to have some every day? Is it experience similar to the original bounties? Weapons?

She is like a permanent Queen's Wrath.
Probably she has exp 1 themed care packages.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The titan vanguard sells a titan towel looking like the polytron logo.

The logo
The titan mark

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Q: What's the difference between a knight and a prince?
A: I don't know, but princes at the end of the Sword of Crota mission apparently won't count for the knights+wizard bounty? :/

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Murgos posted:

I did get a small chuckle out of that there are three 'Eyes of Crota'.

On another char I'll try to shoot the tombship since it doesn't despawn until you kill the eyes.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I love how people go all "wow, VoG is useless" while I checked and my EP1 weapons require the old Ascendant materials and not the new ones.

Murgos posted:

+
So, the only way to upgrade raid armor is with raid materials which you can only get once a week per character? And it takes 3 runs of the raid to max out one piece? And it takes 3 pieces and 1 exotic to get 32?

So, 3 weeks minimum for a poopsocker with three raid capable characters to get to 32? 9 weeks for someone with 1?

What a load of horseshit. What the gently caress made bungie think a series of straight up time locks were going to make people go, "WoW! What a great idea! I can't wait for more of that!".

Source your quotes.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SadisTech posted:

Amen. I played this a *lot* in my limited non-family free time until I got blocked from hitting 30 by not having reliable availability to run VoG and then bounties and strikes just kind of ... meh, there's only so many you can do. I *just* scraped 30 through getting the exotic Hunter gloves from Xur, bad as they were, and now... grinding up marks to upgrade to the new Vanguard gloves so I can wear my exotic helms dropped me to 29 until I grind up more mats, and I'm staring down the barrel of doing this for every piece of gear on all 3 characters.

All the people saying "but MMOs leave gear behind, that's just how it works" are missing the point that Destiny gear is very different to most other MMOs. You get a new piece of gear in WoW, you equip it, there is your stat boost. In Destiny you have to spend time and effort levelling up each item, grinding up XP and materials. A significant amount of time and effort, in fact. This was actually one of the selling points for the game in Bungie's marketing! Your unique gear will be so much more defining for your character.

This is the problem: I see many people running with only one weapon for type, trying to min-max one character for its own stats, thinking that the stats are collectively making a better character.

The problem is Destiny was never designed around the idea that your character can do everything in every situation: you see this from many terribly conveyed hints: classes have powers based only on two of the three elements (warlock is void and solar, hunter is solar and arc, titan is arc and void), there is no trading (so you don't have people helping you minmax your character) and that there is no piece of armor giving a bonus to strength, intellect and discipline at the same time.

I think this game is best played by keeping gear for PvE and PvP in both their statless and statful forms, and before sharding weapons trying to see if they can be used as hand-me-down for another character (I still need a second rare void fusion rifle, I still keep a level 16 green... probably I'll just buy a legendary one from a vendor). The more you play the more options you get, and the more flexible you can really get.

When you understand that you can have better combinations by keeping old legendaries around for their perks or their stats (keep a low impact AR anywhere handy) then you understand that everyone saying "VoG is useless now" is wrong since the game actively encourages you to mix and share your old stuff with the new.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

GruntyThrst posted:

And then all the flexibility of the armor system is flushed away because no stat or perk is even half as important as your Light level.

Again, not if you play a lot of statless-pvp.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Sorry, I mean IceBreaker.

This has helped other people before:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/12/12

(re: strike)
<<In his dying breath the Traveler created Ghosts to open Doors>>

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tomahawk posted:

the urn quest line is at least 6 more steps that results in a pair of 33 light gloves ahahaha

Luckily I haven't yet bought a 33 light glove yet (It's the only thing that does not require a commendation), but I seriously would like to slap someone at Bungie with them.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mattavist posted:

The real reward is that if you didn't complete the quest you'd either have the bounty in your inventory or a green floating icon over Eris every time you went to the tower, both of which are totally unacceptable.

Old Russia: not a country for ocd men.

edit:

Roman posted:

Siege of the Warmind is ok, but Will of Crota is one of the worst designed boss fights I've seen in a videogame. It's designed around taking potshots from a doorway. There's no other way you can play it. Did they think people would be running in there and jumping all over the place and taking cover behind all the stupid obstacles all over the room?

Clear the room, attack omnighul. When she screams run out.
It's Sepkis Prime just deadlier.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Eris is blind so it's only appropriate her gloves become her eyes.
:nms:+:golfclap:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Xur's urinal Cursed thralls work for the first part of the xur bounty (the ember part), the hallowed cursed thralls don't.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
"Some progression will be lost on death" (18 acolyte kills deleted). Think I'll just go and farm the skywatch in patrol. :argh:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Acquilae posted:

They spent their entire budget on celebrity voice actors, hookers, and blow.

I'm quite disappointed in how Blow handled the puzzles then. :colbert:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

why would crota put those lamps in the maze, seems pretty dumb.

He played a lot of Bruce Lee on the Atari 800

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I was given a warlock bond from Eris. That works with the "Kill Hive Majors with a bond from Eris".

e: oh yes, I forgot. The warlock bond is called "Curse of the Hidden" and it's not currently in Eris's stock.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Okay whoever did the urn quests is Evil! The second one is punch five cursed thrall without dying.

Just punch the dudes and let them drop the item. Don't collect it. If you die they won't disappear, you can get all 5 later. Best place to farm the quest: Crota's Soul misison (The Wakening).

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 13, 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mazerunner posted:

Just check out the Destiny Public events tracking webpage http://destinypublicevents.com/

It's not perfect (I had the skywatch events about 5 minutes out of sync, and you want to be there a few minutes early and stay a few later but that'll give you a fairly good idea.

Pretty much this. If we post on the thread you will not be able to go in skywatch in time to get the bastard down since he stays 3, 4 minutes tops (just the time for the Warsat or for the Invasion events).
One of the spawn is bugged and regenerates his shields too quickly, but other times he has been doable (even if he is surrounded by too many adds, and sometimes the fallen bastards will just stab your back while you are concentrated on him :argh:).

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Jack's Flow posted:

Now I've started looking at gameplay videos, and I sort of want to try this game. poo poo. I had totally ignored it until today.

You are unlucky, there is a demo for it on all the 4 supported platforms.
http://www.destinythegame.com/free-trial

IronSaber posted:

In my experience in trying to kill Urzok, he's nigh impossible to kill if he appears during an Enemies Are Moving Against Each Other event. He's way easier to shoot in his stupid face when he appears during a Protect the Warsat event.

So that's essentially the same as what happened to me.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Jack's Flow posted:

Alright, I'm doomed. Time to try this.

Thank you for the link.

You can curse me later.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Alteisen posted:

gently caress firebase delphi, I'm quitting every single time that map comes up.

Sorry kid but Flankbase Delphi is the map that separates the boys from the men.
:getin:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Raged posted:

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on the best way to grind out the basic armour parts for levelling up gear (wire, plates and essence). 2 of my characters are just completely out and now I have new raid gear to level up.

Random missions and daily vanguard bounties will give you enough blues to dismantle.

• Locked thread