Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Harlock posted:

Racist towards Xbox

When are xbox users going to get reparations, I deserve compensation for this decision I made freely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

I got 2 Legendary secondaries yesterday. So are they going to be shiny new stuff if I open them tomorrow, or the old and busted junk? I thought the contents were determined once they dropped.

Their level is determined, not the actual item.

Like blue engrams dropped on my titan and transferred to my warlock will decrypt as warlock gear. Legendaries can always be for any class so maybe they are determined at drop, but I'm not sure why they'd do it that way if blue engrams already work another way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Raged posted:

Bah XBoners should be happy. They get player housing which PS3/4 doesn't get.

I can have destinypublicevents.com on screen at the same time I'm playing destiny, ha ha suck it poopstation users.

Oh wait the website works on my phone too? And doesn't eat up 20% of my TV? Aww man. :smith:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My main reason for wanting that new PS4 strike is that it's obviously an enormous glimmer farm. It's several massive waves of vex with lots of yellow nameplates.. probably better than Exclusion Zone because it also comes with strike rewards.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well I guess that means all my crucible marks are going into buying spirit bloom because ranking that faction up is so goddamn slow.

By the time I can afford the upgraded stuff I will have already earned equivalent (or better) stuff either in strikes or IB.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Yeah guns being left behind is total bullshit and subtly worse than the exotic bs. It's not a good sign for the future.

At least that means I have a whole bunch of ascendant energies waiting to be made once I start getting the new guns and they need upgrades! :downs:

Though I'm going to be super picky about what I upgrade considering anything I get starting tomorrow is going to become scrap in March.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The furry shoulder from the titan vendor gives only one furry shoulder.

My symmetry. :qq:

edit - turned in my pocket infinity bounty and got a 303 damage fusion rifle, so that's cool.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

It is incredibly jarring that dinklebot is now mute. Like they could have saved a shitload of money using an unknown VA instead of Dinkle and then you would have had them available for all future content.

But then they wouldn't have been able to capitalize on being able to say "WE GOT PETER DINKLAGE IN OUR GAME!!!"

Even though you're 100% right.

That's why Valve uses a lot of local or in-house talent, it means they can generate new dialogue on demand (not that Valve is making games anymore, but back when they used to they worked this way).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

a cop posted:

There's no chance of getting a refund for the season pass right

How would anyone here know the answer to that?

If you want to try, you need to call customer support and make a case. They officially say "no returns/refunds" when purchasing but sometimes if you push hard enough you can get what you want.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

a cop posted:

Because they would have tried it, either with Destiny or a similar product.

Please, gamers actually not playing the games they bitch about is like white people threatening to move to Canada, it never happens.

The loudest complainers are probably already neck deep in the raid.

(disclosure: I am a moderately loud complainer)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sunday at work posted:

What a perfect example of bad messaging. Would it have killed someone at Bungie to point out only helms and chests require the new currency?

I still can't figure out why they felt new currency was necessary. Due to the fact that the locked armor items are already more expensive (120/75 marks), in the time it takes to grind up enough marks to buy a new piece of armor, you're probably going to rank up at least one faction which means gaining marks is still the limiting factor. It's even sillier to require commendations for guns because it takes a week and a half worth of marks to buy one of them.

I guess it was to prevent people who were sitting on 200/200 marks instantly buying their way to level 31? How many people would actually have the foresight to stock up that much, and does it really matter one bit if they get a jump start?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RCarr posted:

Where can I get info on the new raid? I just want to read up on the mechanics and fights, etc. I'm curious!

At this point it's probably just twitch streams.. go back a few pages to find the ausgoons one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Exclusion zone mission no longer spawns 9 majors, ahahahaha.

Bungie is creating a need for an emoticon of two gears grinding. Because that's how often this topic comes up, it could save a lot of typing. :v:

"You gonna play this game at a pace we dictate OR ELSE."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Slithery D posted:

I can't find my favorite two major hive knights just off the Archer's Line, either. But maybe someone killed them.

They don't always spawn for some reason. Might just have a really slow respawn rate because whenever I'm in the area, leaving and coming back a few minutes later pops them in.

The real travesty would be if the underground hive near the Cosmodrome patrol spawn are ever taken out.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie was free to do whatever they wanted under Microsoft as long as it involved cranking out Halo games.

They wanted to do something else, and when it turned out they weren't going to be allowed to do something else, they orchestrated a separation from Microsoft.

That's how I interpreted the whole thing anyways.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, the strike thing is pretty lazy.

The proper solution would be for non-DLC owners to just see strikes show up like they always have, and DLC owners get the new upgraded versions. Certain chunks of the population would probably still bitch about this arrangement (I could see DLC owners wanting to pick and choose which version they could play in an attempt to cheese the easiest one), but at least it'd allow everyone to enjoy the game they paid for.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Really wish the new stuff stopped burying me in green poo poo. It's worthless, go away.

Level 20 blues are just slightly less annoying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

Speculation? If you look up the glitched DLC map someone accidentally accessed the reef raid already has a node on the map and says "reef raid"

This is the best news, I hope that smug piece of poo poo who calls himself the queen's brother shows up as a boss because I want nothing more than to break his pretty face with my titan's fist.

Though it will probably be something stupid like "there's a prison riot going on since the archon priest was sprung, go clean it up because you owe me a favor."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or to use actual numbers:

level 29: 109 light
level 30: 120 light
level 31: 132 light
level 32: 144 light (not confirmed yet, is predicted)

You can see your current light level by hovering over the yellow number on your character screen. Then it's just a simple matter of looking at the potential light value on your armor and adding it up to see how high you can go.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Got a ship in the Roc playlist called "Scorpio Miracle". I finally have my space bus. Bonus points: it's not poop colored either.

Is Roc pretty lucrative or do I just have good luck? Three matches dropped the ship and a purple engram.

Good luck.

Nothing is guaranteed. Everything is random.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie actually put the effort into making DLC-only blue weapons. I got several of them last night doing the story and strike.

Seems like a huge waste of time to me, all of them get insta-dismantled but hey whatever makes them happy I guess.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

Friend of mine was saying some of them are actually not that bad for crucible.

That may be, but due to the peanut sized storage space I can't see myself hanging on to any of them. I'll just live with whatever legendaries I happen to have available even if they're not "perfect" for crucible.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Titan marks are so goddamn stupid looking, I'm glad I hung on to the freebie one you get at the start of the game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

overdesigned posted:

Got a legendary engram from the daily!

...it's the same helmet I got in my Dark Below care-package. RNGesus whyyyyy

You're still doing better than me, my care package was a couple of lovely blues.

gently caress random number generators, hallmark of lazy programmers everywhere.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Veg posted:

Xur isnt until tomorrow, noone really knows what you get from it.

That answer does not match the question that was asked. :ssh:

I assume the quest just shows up back on Eris if you abandon it, but I haven't verified it myself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fortocero posted:

Alright is there an easy way to see what items each vendor has, along with its perks and stats? I want to pick the best vendor gear for my build but can't be arsed to walk all over the tower to compare each vendor. None of the online DBs I've found show the perks for vendor items and the app doesn't either.

bungie.net website and the mobile app let you browse all vendor inventory.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ularg posted:

This has to be the first weekly/nightfall where I've gone "gently caress this, I'm going to do this solo" it is a pain in the rear end. The final boss has to have a better way to kill it.

Buddy and I got through it hiding in the little room and spamming the poo poo out of titan flash bangs. They do arc damage to clear shields, and force the rear end in a top hat wizard to stand still for a few seconds.

gently caress I hate the wizard ai, either they swoop around like assholes or spam blue jizz in your face nonstop.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

I don't understand how they thought one/two shards was a good idea to put on the roll table for things like legendary engrams and care packages. It boggles the mind

Especially when you can just dismantle the item yourself for the exact same materials if you don't like the item the game gave you.

Bungie has no loving clue how to handle loot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

God damnit I need so many shards :/

Back to VoG with you!

It was Bungie's plan all along.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, gently caress that vandal. Bungie is actually genius for stashing him up there, it's a hilarious gently caress you.

The shanks that pop out behind you are a good one too. So are the explodey thralls on the Omnigul fight, and the knight that spawns above you in the little cubby to the right.

Bungie is definitely crafty when they want to be.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

WE DOIN IT NOW posted:

So how the hell are we supposed to get Radiant materials?

Is the only source the raid? Do the new legendaries break down into them? Am I supposed to run the raid 3-5 times to fully upgrade 1 piece of raid gear?

Well currently you can get the first chest in the raid without killing a single enemy. Drop into the hell mouth, run to the left wall and scoop up the chest in the little cubby behind the door. If it's not there die to thralls and try again. Do it on all three characters for easy shards.

If you really wanted to cheese it hardcore, start a new character, play until you unlock the moon and open the chest. Dump materials in vault, delete character, repeat until you puke.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Peechka posted:

You still need to be 27 to enter the raid,

Oops, I totally forgot about that. And I thought I was so clever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

WE DOIN IT NOW posted:

Yea I already did this on all 3 characters. Got 2 energy and 2 of the class items. Cleared up to Crota in the raid and ended up with 7 shards. Enough to upgrade my raid chest piece once. Unless Crota drops another 7 I'm not sure how we upgrade these things in a reasonable time period.

Your idea of a reasonable time period and Bungie's idea of a reasonable time period are fundamentally incompatible. :ssh:

They want you to keep playing until the next DLC which I believe is out in March. The longer they can keep you chasing that carrot, the more successful they are.

quote:

Meanwhile I've got 199 ascendant energy and 148 asc shards doing a fat lot of jack poo poo in my bank. Oh and they're still giving me more of these things in nightfalls, dailies, and events. Awesome.

And this is why they introduced the new materials, they didn't want people maxing out the first week. It's lovely, but this is the game they're providing.

They could have at least provided some kind of exchange from old to new to help out people who are sitting on a mountain of ascendants.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like the new strike because it's basically nonstop shooting, and shooting is why I play the game. The first room and the drop ship phase with the fallen is super fun.

The boss fight is a grind though, I can see it getting old quick. Wizard AI is loving garbage and putting a wizard in a room with lots of random poo poo to hide behind is crap. The whole thing feels like Bungie saw people soloing strikes and did everything they could to prevent the most common tactics.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Peechka posted:

Yeah the bos fight is definitely garbage. Everytime you drop her shield she loving hides behind a pillar makes it a loving slogfest. Not to mention the 100 trash mobs that spawn every 30 seconds. But the rest of the strike is nice.

Bring along a titan and have them lob flashbangs, bank them off the computer racks and it's pretty easy to clip Omnigul. Then everyone jumps out of cover and gets 5 seconds of free shooting time.

When adds show up she does her little screaming sound clip, so when you hear that retreat to a safe spot and clean the room out. Only seems to happen when hitting certain points on her health bar.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BastardySkull posted:

loving hell the daily at 30 today is impossible at 29. I got to the Might of Crota fight, died and it sent me back to the beginning of the waves of Wakers, gently caress that.

Yeah, that one is tough even with a group of three below level 30, I couldn't find a good place to duck and recover shields the first time though. I think maybe that cave in the back left might work but I haven't actually tried it yet.

Don't like at all how they put the anti-cheese knight and death circle in the entryway. It's a story mission, it shouldn't be a big deal if people try to make it easy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Psycobladder posted:

I can't believe anyone still plays this game anymore, I quit a month after the raid and I realized there was no more content. Have fun playing the same 5 maps to grind that epic gear out!

Cool story, tell us more.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

So, any idea what this Urn from Xur will do?

Starts a quest line to get a gun that eventually turns into a badass exotic after doing the raid.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Creepy Goat posted:

So many whacky design decisions by an apparent experienced studio :psyduck:

A studio that has made three types of games in 25 years:

a) FPS
b) RTS (that had no resource gathering)
c) Third person beat-em-up.

So I can forgive them some missteps when making their very first MMO style game. I'll still bitch nonstop about the mistakes, but this is definitely new territory for them and I'm glad they made an attempt at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Its Miller Time posted:

What's the first vendor gun I should buy? I have a VoC, Plan C, Murmur, Found Verdict and Hezen Vengeance. I'm tempted to buy the sniper rifle or Devil You Don't.

I wouldn't buy anything, myself. My plan is to get my exotics upgraded and wait for the IB upgrades. Or wait for raid/engram drops.

Pre-DB guns aren't great but they're good enough to get by until the RNG smiles upon me.

All my marks are going into upgrade materials.

• Locked thread