Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Placeholder - Future Crota's End Raid Lore & Advice.

The Abyss - A map by Reddit user Dummeh.

Hard Mode Raid Guide: By DattoDoesDestiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5SiU_36Hg

Ularg fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Nightfall for the week of January 6th, 2015.

Cerberus Vae III

Modifiers:

Lightswitch - Combatant melee attacks deal significantly more damage.

Angry - Combatants will not flinch, even after taking massive damage.

Juggler - Ammo will not drop for your currently equipped weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7QqEbCjvU

Ularg fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 6, 2015

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Let's hurry up and get off the first page so it doesn't take an hour to load each time I want to read the thread. :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This is a bad game for bad people.

*continues playing*

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

probably all gone.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

gameday posted:

Definitely all gone.

drat, have some sweet reply tweets, though.

It's nothing but this. "Waah I'm entitled to everything because I have an xbox. No I don't find the irony in Call of Duty."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

Xbox snap internet explorer go to destiny public events dot com

*Loads up Master Chief Collection*

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

Why should I not get upset? It's clear that the strike was ON DISK DLC that was available since DAY 1 so it should be free to both the xbone and paying customers of the game!!! :argh:

For anyone taking this post seriously and feels the same: That's not how this stuff works. hth.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
None of the vendors are asking for commendations yet. What the hell are you guys going on about? And why wouldn't faction rep give you crucible commendations? Are you just magically pulling poo poo out of your rear end to get mad about again?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Because you can level up factions in PvE, so giving crucible commendations would end-around this mechanism. And you could theoretically level all factions to 3 and then spend, say you next FWC given commendation on DO gear, which is a bit silly.

And they reset the perks on your exotics, there's no floor for their stupidity.

I mean it makes perfect sense for faction ranks to give crucible commendations, slightly weird results be damned, which is why I don't expect it to happen.

So basically you have no proof and just want to complain about something.

snodig posted:

Can a nice person explain commendations, how to upgrade exisiting exotics and how to get upgrades (other than the raid) in the expansion to someone that's been away from Destiny for about a month?

From what I understand commendations are basically a buying ticket. You get just one and then spend that and the required marks to purchase a piece of gear.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Well, let's see in 11 hours. We have some proof with there being no faction commendations.

Every.Single.Firstrun upgrade/currency system has been terrible, so why would we expect anything better here?

Yea, because faction commendations would be redundant since they all require crucible marks anyway.

I expect some people to have grounded complaints. Like the one you have on upgrading exotics. At least that had concrete Bungie backed info.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

snodig posted:

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Can I use Xur to upgrade vex mythoclast, or is it limited to the exotics he's been selling like Suros etc?

So far we do not know if his upgrade system is going to exclude the Mythoclast or Playstation exclusive exotics. Would be rather silly, but the only image of the new Xur inventory showed stuff he's able to sell or were part of an exotic bounty.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Me and a friend will be running all of the story content together as soon as the reset hits and anything downloaded is done. Which may take me like an hour or several.

:negative:

Would you guys like me to have a pre-expansion guide of everything we know so far?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh, and I'm totes ready for the expansion:

Not pictured:

- Three exotic bounties
- Leveled up weapons and armor for everything I need
- Energy drinks and junk food galore
- And marinated salmon for dinner

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Looks like youre a bit short on Helium :D

gently caress the moon and everything about it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Destiny: I LIKE TO ERROR CODE BEE

This is seriously the only error code I get. And I only get it playing with goons. Bungie is mocking me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

madsushi posted:

Have you been getting it consistently since the recent update? Timeout thresholds for BEE should be very generous now.

It's been happening a lot less now. It used to be like a guaranteed thing but I still get it occasionally. And yea I was pretty sure this had to do with packet loss.

I really need to yell at my ISP.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

If that is taking place of more room in weapons and armor then I want my money back.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well I guess no download required. This rules.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

GonSmithe posted:

:siren: Leveling up Dead Orbit does get you a commendation :siren:

Well someone can stop loving whining now, please.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Alteisen posted:

This update is one giant middle finger to anyone who unlucky with purples and had to buy tower gear, every single piece of armor I'm wearing is completely obsolete now, even my exotic gloves don't have as much light/stats as tower vanguard gear. Back to square one because gently caress you.

Guess I should be thankful I didn't buy a primary, they're crazy strong now.

So I guess that means you deleted it all and went back to lvl20? If not, then well...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Alteisen posted:

:rolleyes:

Deej could poo poo in your mouth and you'd find a way to spin as something positive.

This is bullshit and you know it, anyone that bought a piece of tower gear in the last week or day just got jipped big time, not to mention the fact the weekly strike and the nightfall are both 30 now so again, screw anyone that hit 28 recently and was looking forward to not being dead weight during them. I don't understand why they can't just leave both.

Of course the weekly and the nightfall are now behind paywall, I'm sure you'll find some way to defend this particular decision as well.

Guess what, if you want to do these new missions you kind of have to be 28. So you can get these done now, unlock the nightfall and weekly again, and be able to do it must faster than waiting until you bought a whole new set of gear. That gear you bought has given you a leg up on the expansion compared to a fresh 20 and you know it. Stop trying to spin everything around as "woe is me my time in a video game was for not."

Anyway, I hope they add competitive multiplayer soon. Getting tired of these bot matches.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Cool thing to note: dismantling legendary weapons now can give a telemetry for the type of weapon it was

That's always been the case, but I wonder if it's been made a 100% every time thing.

Another stealth fix, Shriekers, when killed, still spawn those martyr orbs that annoy the piss out of everyone. But now they go off randomly instead of home in on you.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
First match on Skyshock. The opposite team spawned on one side of the map, sniped only and would not move towards the center.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Commendations are only required for Helms, Chest and Weapons. They are not required for Gloves or Boots or Class Items.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The Undying Mind is literally everything Strikes SHOULD have been. I'll loving hate pubbies once they start trying to skip all the enemies.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Nibbles! posted:

So was I just plain dumb in thinking I could keep playing this without buying any of the DLC?

Yes, if you do not have the DLC here are the things you are locked out from.

- The New Strikes
- The New Raid
- The New Story Missions
- The New Quests/Eris Stuff
- The New Crucible Maps

What you are not locked from:

- The New Vanguard/Crucible/Iron Banner gear
- Everything else from before

With Iron Banner, if following the trend from last, will let you hit 32 without needing to do the raid.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

an lower difficulty setlist that excludes the new strikes and has a smaller reward pool where victory state is shared between the two, you dump rear end.

You mean lvl24 strike playlist already available?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

hostile apostle posted:

Ularg, you're missing a lot.

Not having DLC also means you miss more than just new expansion content. They TOOK existing content away!

Nightfall and Weekly now require DLC. So good luck getting exotics for anyone without the DLC.

Also, the Tiger strike lvl 24 playlist no longer drops engrams and the new lvl 26 one requires the DLC.

You won't be able to buy exotics from Xur either since coins will all but be impossible for you to come by in quantity.

I've bought the DLC but this seems pretty bullshit and not something developers should be encouraged to pull.

Okay, I understand. But hear me out.

The DLC gave one new strike that isn't exclusive to one set of platforms. So unlike Dust Palace it would be available to be a Nightfall/Weekly. If you do not have the DLC you cannot do the weekly/nightfall that week, sounds bad still, right? But it's just one week, as you won't get the same strike twice. You'll be able to do every other nightfall and weekly until it cycles back around.

With the new Vanguard gear, which I'm confused on but since it replaced the old gear I assume non-DLC holders can obtain it, you can hit lvl30. With Iron Banner, you can hit lvl32. You are still able to do VoG to obtain gear to hit 30 as well, to help speed things along. So you'll still be able to do the Weekly/Nightfall, lvl 30 or not. That shouldn't be a problem. They made the barrier from 28 to 30 a lot easier to climb now for everyone with this expansion.

quote:

Also, the Tiger strike lvl 24 playlist no longer drops engrams and the new lvl 26 one requires the DLC.

Is "Vanguard Gear" something new to the expansion? I've never noticed it before. This I totally forfeit over, I don't understand why it's been removed from the other strikes.

Otherwise, at least, you can still obtain cryptarch engrams through killing enemies during any activity, playing Crucible and completing the Daily.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

"vanguard gear" is blue gear, much like the gear you obtain during the crucible, at the end of a match, that is not an engram

Yeaaaa that is total bullshit. Deej doesn't give a poo poo about anyone who isn't famous or an angry mob but I tweeted him anyway. Like that's the opposite of treating your paying customers well.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Anime_Otaku posted:

The Vanguard branded gear (actually all branded faction gear) is all purple stuff afaik, though I certainly got blues from the Crucible with some kind of metallic descriptor in the name like "silvered" that were "won through honour in the crucible" or something in the description, never seen anything from the vanguard like that. Not saying there isn't just it's new to me if it is.

The icon for "Vanguard Gear" is in blue. And even if you were right, I don't think lvl24 strikes are just now going to give you legendaries every time you complete one strike.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

sunday at work posted:

They aren't taking anything away. It's one out of five other strikes. People without DLC will have to face this horrible injustice maybe three times until the next DLC and if you're really still interested in running only the same strikes from launch at that point I don't know what to say to you. Maybe not play a game that the developer intends to update and progress for a decade through a model of DLC and sequels?

On top of that, the proposed idea is to not allow DLC strikes into nightfall rotation, which would be an actual "taking away stuff from people" except this time the people paid more money than most.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

matryx posted:

Just as Tei suggested. Doing either gives you the nightfall buff / the weekly reward. Perhaps something expansion specific for the DLC version also.

So you just do the easier one and never have to worry about being challenged in a video game again. And why buy the DLC then?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Dart posted:

As far as I'm concerned there isn't any need for special pre-DLC rewards, I just figured that if it was any other way people would complain about non-DLC players getting what would technically be DLC gear.

No one gives a poo poo about that. All I care is that Nightfall rotations aren't the same vanilla set over and over again. Go on and get the joke you got in your head out of your system now.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Its Miller Time posted:

What materials do you need to level new Vanguard armor?

For Warlock it was Helium Filaments. Ugh.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

:siren:

Can anyone who has Hard Light tell me if it's cool and good for murdering thralls? It seems like the over-penetration and ricochet would do wonders in some of the new content, so as long as the gun doesn't suck I'm pretty exited it popped from a purple this morning.

I really wish it was Arc though, it looks like it should be Arc damage.

Hard Light loving owns for slaughtering thralls. The big upgrade causes those giant rear end orb bullets to overpenetrate and ricochet off walls and stuff. It's also the only weapon I feel good hipfiring. So I would just back-pedal hip fire at a mass of thralls and wreck them.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Harlock posted:

Every special vendor needs to sell a ghost shell. Give me a purple one from the Queen, whatever color from Eris, yellow/mustard colored from Iron Banner.

I would love to get the one from crucible that Shaxx has. IT HAS HORNS.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm pretty sure you also get 302+ attack exotics from there now, too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This has to be the first weekly/nightfall where I've gone "gently caress this, I'm going to do this solo" it is a pain in the rear end. The final boss has to have a better way to kill it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

even Puzzle and Dragons has grimoire cards in the game itself, and it's on your cell phone

I knew you'd endorse anime.

• Locked thread