Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Are commendations going to be tradeable items between characters or tied to each one similar to marks?

Edit - VVV Yeah, I know it seems hilariously impossible that Bungie would do something like that, but I wasn't sure if it was confirmed yet that commendations were currencies similar to Motes, Shards, etc or if they were simply a new line next to Marks in the inventory screen.

My main character (Titan) needs boots to hit 30, but he is ~2k faction away from both Crucible and Vanguard right now. My two alts are both about to level in both factions, and I really don't care enough about my Hunter to buy him 30 light gear right now.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Commendations are bankable items and can be traded between characters.

Edit - For armor, only helms and chest pieces require commendations, boots and gloves do not.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 9, 2014

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Anyone want to VoG tonight? I need a lot of shards.

Edit - psn is freesoma

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 10, 2014

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Xur is going to have 3 pieces of armor available for upgrade on friday, and they will be Heart of Praxic Fire, the hunter gloves that nobody ever has used, and insurmountable skullfort

They've already shown that he will have 6 armor and 6 weapons for upgrade, but I'm sure they will just do 2x Praxic, 2x gloves, 2x skullfort just to piss everyone off. And then say it was a bug, but he isn't showing up again until next Friday.

The 6 weapons will just be a full row of Hard Light.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Thanks for that raid Miller, was fun learning all the mechanics of the fight and finally killing him felt great.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Fairly sure I just used all my luck on a HM VoG run that resulted in praedyth's revenge, icebreaker, and every single piece of raid armor on my Warlock alt. Hilarious that it happens now and not a month ago. Oh well, only two shards from 31 now.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Wild speculation time!

Next big "fix Crota patch" will include:
1) Dropping the sword makes it disappear.
2) Crota will ignore stealth if you are next to him on the platform
3) Thralls run up the stairs

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
I'd also like to run through the raid on my 31 warlock alt, or at least join a crota kill group. I've done the whole encounter and killed him on my titan. PS4: freesoma

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

This is pretty much the only way to have fun PvPing with a titan. So glorious.

Yesterday I had a double kill in my bubble where I danced until two people ran in, and then pointed Truth at the ground and blew them both up. I somehow didn't die with Armor of Light active.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

GodofGravity posted:

That's a pretty sweet helm. And despite the str instead of dis, makes me want to disregard my previous statement and gamble on a lock helm again. drat YOU BUNGIE!!!!

E: went for the gamble; helm of saint-14 for my non-existent Titan. fuuuuuuuuuck!

Ugh, I gambled three times and got two of the same Warlock helm and a Hunter one. My Titan is my main and I really want to get an upgraded Saint-14 already.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

marauderthirty posted:

Yo, I'll be there. Psn darthmilasmentor

I posted a signup in PGS, I can throw you and Sadboys on it if you want.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Bob NewSCART posted:

Someone post when it's back up for you. Of course this happens right as a raids about to begin

Seems like they are back up, or they are just going up and down for everyone.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
All I want for Xursmas is for him to upgrade my Helm of Saint-14.

Oh, and I guess selling Gjallarhorn would be nice.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Alteisen posted:

Am I wrong in thinking that Armamentarium would be a good chest piece for a raid?

At this point I might as well grab whatever he has and grind the marks to get a helmet and boots of the vanguard guys, would take me 2 weeks but that's also 2 chances for Xur to show up and MAYBE have something decent.

Armamentarium is arguably the best Titan exotic armor in the game, so yeah, you should buy it.

It's nice to finally upgrade Saint-14 but it sucks for people that weren't able to buy it during that first week.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 26, 2014

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Edit - Full group for Crota.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 28, 2014

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

Same except fast-charge fusion rifle like Final Rest II and Corrective Measure.

You're the best...around is my theme song

Corrective Measure with field scout is probably the greatest PvP heavy weapon available. Rockets are cool and all, but if you can aim worth a drat it's not difficult to rack up 5-10 kills per heavy ammo spawn with that thing.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Ultimate Mango posted:

What is so good about the Crota raid FR?

I have two others that seem better but people keep raving about Crota's.

The charge time is incredibly fast, in PVP you can get off a second shot before most other FR users charge theirs. The range and impact is decent, so it works in PVE as a knight killer if you don't want to have IB equipped.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Its Miller Time posted:

Anyone wanna do nightfall/weekly at the reset? PSN millertime3250.

Threw you an invite a minute ago, we just started and have room for one.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

snodig posted:

2 defender titans with Helm of Saint-14 can perma-blind Omnigul. Fight was over in a minute.

This is good to know, I never actually thought about just double bubbling the bridge.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Being the swordbearer as a 32 is really fun. Crushing that Crota so fast it isn't funny.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Ularg posted:

Neato, I got enough of pvp when I realized that teabagging was still a thing.

But you mentioned CoD, which is probably the modern King of Teabagging.

The PvP in this game is pretty great, but the rep/marks per game really need to be doubled.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
PvP should have a sliding scale Glimmer reward system. Best player on each team gets 1000 glimmer, rewards drop from there down to 100 for last place.

Basically, PvP should be a more viable way to play the rest of the game, instead of a fun time killer. I would much rather play two hours of Crucible than thirty minutes of Exclusion zone grind.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Zaphod42 posted:

This is a good idea but who the hell needs Glimmer anyways?

Make it so that the best performing player gets a % chance at extra engram drop. Or maybe all players have an extra chance based on kill count or something.

But yeah, more rewards for pvp needs to happen. Just extra rep per match would go a long way too.

I honestly can't tell if you are joking, or if you just haven't experienced the true endgame grind yet. I've spent at least 100k glimmer since the expansion hit.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Raid armor plus level 4 eris shader plus sunbreakers

:eyepop:

It's beautiful. I hit rank 4 last night on my main and immediately purchased three shaders so all of my characters could be glorious.

I find it hilarious that the final emblem for Eris is both a rare and the lamest looking emblem that she has. Blade of Crota emblem forever.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Blue Raider posted:

i and 5 others did the crota end raid, beginning to end, and only 5 mins of it was uncheesed. i hope it stays that way because as designed, it seems to be much less fun and expedited

A solid group should be able to do the entire raid in roughly one hour without any cheesing at all, so not much is going to change when Bungie finally decides to fix the abyss and bridge exploits, other than the ability to solo 2/3rds of the raid in thirty minutes.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

RBA Starblade posted:

Skyshock is the worst multiplayer map I have ever played in any video game.

It really is terrible. I generally don't like any maps that cater heavily to snipers and camping, but they could have at least added a tunnel system to promote flanking, and made the heavy ammo trap spawn more concealed. It's just a bad map and the only reason I refuse to play the DLC map playlist.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
I have one of each character type that have been run through CE every week since it came out, and this is how my luck has been:

Titan: Full set of raid armor after third week, including an extra pair of gloves and boots
Hunter: Two of each of chest and boots. Zero drops of helm or gloves.
Warlock: Two chests, one boots, no helm or gloves.

I'm glad my Titan received all the luck early on, because that's my main and I wanted it to be 32 first. Now I'm just bummed out that my Warlock and Hunter are both hinged on a helm and gloves each. Oh well, I'm up to over 70+ Radiant materials at this point. I'm sure there will be some people with multiple 32 characters by the time HM CE hits, but the RNG is still prevalent and there will most likely be some people that have run it every week without a single 32.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 7, 2015

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Wow, Bungie did something awesome for the first time in a while. One stop closer to just removing the stupid Tower from the game altogether. Just replace it with a huge disco dance club that can support 200 avatars emoting each other, since that's the extent of "community" that currently exists in the place.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
I had almost given up on ever finding G'horn until two of them dropped within 24 hours, one from the 28 PoE chest and one from the nightfall. This expansion gets two thumbs up for that alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

xzzy posted:

Except at this point it's actually a contest of haves versus have nots. Everyone that got in on the ground floor yesterday has a bunch of top of the line toys and they've spent all Saturday grinding everyone else under their foot. I don't know what the difference is specifically but every game I lost had one or two people running the nine win badge and the ones we won had normal dudes.

I have no doubts this will even out as time goes on and more people get to 34 in other ways, but as of right now it's a waste of time.

Basically this. I'm not that bad at PvP in this game, but going up against full groups of people who are already 34 is just a frustrating mess.

That map also sucks, and it's completely bullshit that teams don't swap sides throughout the match.

• Locked thread