Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

So you're still in the playoffs. Congrats on being okay at fake football, nerds!

-Don't sit your studs, unless they're Antonio Brown.
-Include league scoring settings.
-Score the most points to win the game.

I'll start:

Matt Ryan v. PIT
or
Tom Brady v. MIA

6 pt TDs. Leaning Ryan, but may start Brady if Julio doesn't play. Nervous about Miami, may rain, and Ryan is coming off a monster week while playing at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Ryan, but Brady if Julio doesn't play.

There you go.

My dilemma:

Manziel vs. Cin
or
Sanchez vs. Dal

Standard Yahoo scoring, 4 pts passing TD.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I realize this is probably over thinking, but am I crazy to sit Lacy this week with his injury + playing the bills defense?
I'm looking at RB2 and flex. Murray is my RB1. Yahoo standard.

Lacy @ Buf
Crowell vs Cin
J Bell vs Min

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I realize this is probably over thinking, but am I crazy to sit Lacy this week with his injury + playing the bills defense?
I'm looking at RB2 and flex. Murray is my RB1. Yahoo standard.

Lacy @ Buf
Crowell vs Cin
J Bell vs Min

Crowell is splitting carries with West, and it'll probably be the JFF-show anyway.

Bell would be tempting though.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I need a bit of advice. I have Antonio Brown but my opponent this week is starting Shaun Suisham in the kicker spot. I've recently authored the wikipedia article on covariance, and it got me thinking about the strong relationship between these players. I need every bit of competitive edge I can get, so I was thinking of sitting Brown and starting Dwayne Bowe. Let me know what you think. It's 1 ppr if that matters.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I need a bit of advice. I have Antonio Brown but my opponent this week is starting Shaun Suisham in the kicker spot. I've recently authored the wikipedia article on covariance, and it got me thinking about the strong relationship between these players. I need every bit of competitive edge I can get, so I was thinking of sitting Brown and starting Dwayne Bowe. Let me know what you think. It's 1 ppr if that matters.

Someone beat you to this in the regular FF thread. And too obvious w/ Bowe, I'd have used Michael Crabtree.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Standard scoring, flex one:
Jeremy Maclin v Dallas
Josh Gordon v Cincinnati
Lamar Miller @ NE

I hate Mark Sanchez for demoting Maclin from stud status, but it is what it is. Lamar Miller seems good for a solid 7-10, but his ceiling seems really low compared to either of my other options. Josh Gordon will have a rookie QB throwing to him and Cincinnati is second stingiest giving up points to WR, but I want to start him anyway, haha. It feels like a toss up between Maclin and Miller, I guess I'm slightly leaning Maclin?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

How much upside do you need, if you had to guess

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
stupid scoring league .5ppr 20 yards/pt 6 pt/td rush/rec so TDs are worth way more than yards.
Doug Baldwin v SF
DeAndre Hopkins @ Ind

With Brandon Marshall going down going to need one of these guys or a waiver pickup to stay alive. Attempting to pick up Harry Douglas and might go with him if Julio is out. Otherwise leaning Hopkins at the moment, but could go for Baldwin against an imploding 49ers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

How much upside do you need, if you had to guess

It should be close. I'm probably a slight underdog, on the order of 5-10 points maybe. Definitely don't need to risk starting Gordon, I think. This is assuming Jimmy Graham starts playing more like Jimmy Graham, though, else I'll be in a pretty big hole. I don't have Antonio Brown, so benching him isn't an option, unfortunately.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I need nothing but home-run balls all day.

I am running with Delanie Walker in the TE spot, but is there someone who might see a multi-TD game this weekend randomly? I'm facing a team in the playoffs that mortgaged his future for a WR corps of Calvin, Jordy and Demaryius. Yeah.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Avoid Starting Redskins this week?

I have Joique or Morris at RB2.

Reed or Miller at TE.

Morris will be tempting if RG3 gets the start. Think I'm benching Reed either way.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
^I'd go with Joique

.5 PPR, standard otherwise

(WR) M. Sanu vs Browns
or
(WR) Jordan Matthews vs Cowboys

and

(QB) Ben Roethlisberger vs ATL
or
(QB) Eli Manning vs WASH

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Parker Lewis posted:

Avoid Starting Redskins this week?

I have Joique or Morris at RB2.

Reed or Miller at TE.

Morris will be tempting if RG3 gets the start. Think I'm benching Reed either way.

I'd go with Joique - even with Bush back he seems to be getting a lot of carries and catches. I'd probably agree on sitting Reed.

Now for my RB situation - I wonder if anyone will have an opinion this week.

Need 2, standard scoring for first week of the playoffs.

Lamar Miller @ NE
L. Murray @ KC
Joique vs Min
Crowell vs Cin
Stewart vs TB

Leaning Murray or Stewart and Joique.

And for WR2+3:

Denard Robinson @ Bal
Torrey Smith vs Jax
Moncrief vs Houston
Decker @ Ten
Colston @ Chi

Leaning Torrey Smith as the obvious choice if he's healthy, and undecided on WR3. Denard has an awful matchup and hasn't been doing well the past 3 weeks, so I'm leaning toward Decker if Harvin misses time despite being a Jet. If Torrey is hurt I might gamble on Moncrief, despite his only getting 4 targets on a ridiculous number of passes last week. I really don't want to start Colston, although he has been better than awful on occasion.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Eh, I'd still go with Denard > Decker. I don't think the other 2 even really warrant consideration

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Eh, I'd still go with Denard > Decker. I don't think the other 2 even really warrant consideration

Colston has been putting up some non-terrible numbers the past few weeks which is the only reason I'm even mentioning him. I'll have to think about the Denard vs Decker thing - I can't really afford a 3-4 point game from Robinson.

For your situation, I think I'd lean Ben over Manning, although both have good matchups and both have very good WR1s. I'd go with Matthews over Sanu - Sanu is very inconsistent and has been playing like poo poo lately.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Miko posted:

I need nothing but home-run balls all day.

I am running with Delanie Walker in the TE spot, but is there someone who might see a multi-TD game this weekend randomly? I'm facing a team in the playoffs that mortgaged his future for a WR corps of Calvin, Jordy and Demaryius. Yeah.

Dark horse TE that would be available that could score multi-TDs randomly, only one I can think of is Tim Wright on NE, who plays a lot more when NE is up against a pass-rush heavy team (Miami), and has occasionally squeaked out a 2 TD game.

Also puts up a goose egg every now and again, though. Super high-risk play.

If Cook on the Rams is available, I'd go with that. He gets long-ball TDs.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ryan Tannehill vs. NE
or
Johnny Manziel vs. CIN

This should be obvious...right? :shepicide:

To be fair, CIN's defense against QBs is overrated. Who are the only QBs to not hit 20 points on the Bengals?
-Matt Ryan
-Jake Locker
-Joe Flacco
-Ryan Mallett
-Brian Hoyer
-Josh McCown

Otherwise, there's been a few games they've been absolutely torched. Like Big Ben's game last week. 18 point average. Patriots average giving 19 points to QBs.

I mean, the idea is to leave Tannehill in there, hope I win, and see how Manziel does. If Manziel goes off, I use him in the championship game. But, I have to get there first.

89 fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 10, 2014

Undaddy
Feb 26, 2008

Well. That settles it. Spankings all around, then.
At Flex, non-ppr:

Alfred Morris @NYG

or

Martavis Bryant @ATL ?

I don't know if I can trust any Redskins player anymore.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

It should be close. I'm probably a slight underdog, on the order of 5-10 points maybe. Definitely don't need to risk starting Gordon, I think. This is assuming Jimmy Graham starts playing more like Jimmy Graham, though, else I'll be in a pretty big hole. I don't have Antonio Brown, so benching him isn't an option, unfortunately.

I think I'd go Maclin as well. It's a rough week for Miller.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Full Metal Jackass posted:

ahahahaha

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Not sure about who to fill in my flex spot (0.5 PPR). I'm leaning towards Larry Fitzgerald but worried about it being a Thursday game.

Larry Fitzgerald vs STL
Gio Bernard vs CLE
Doug Baldwin vs SF
Knile Davis vs Oak

(I've already got Charles at RB, just stashing Davis for now but figured I'd throw his name out there if anyone feels real good about him this week)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I feel like I used to have very few questions about who to start, but I can't make up my mind on a bunch of stuff this week. ESPN standard scoring.

RB2
L Murray@KC
Lamar Miller @ NE

Flex
Kelvin Benjamin TB
Jordan Matthews Dal
B Lafell MIA
or Murray/Miller depending on who I start there.

Bold is my current picks. Miller is more consistent, but Murray put up good numbers against KC a few weeks ago. Cam's car crash has me worried, but Benjamin also put up 15 points on TB in week 1, and that was without Cam.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
10 team, 0.2 PPR, Yahoo league. I'm the number 1 seed and facing a pretty weak opponent, so I'm mostly just looking for the highest floor with my RB2.

Pick WR1, WR2, and Flex
Demaryius Thomas @ San Diego
Odell Beckham vs Washington
TY Hilton vs Houston
Randall Cobb @ Buffalo

Pick an RB2
Mark Ingram @ Chicago
Jonathan Stewart vs Tampa Bay
Jeremy Hill @ Cleveland
Lamar Miller @ New England

Bold is what I'm currently thinking, but I'm really tempted to start Stewart against TB. If DeAngelo Williams is out, I think that's what I'll do. But what should I do if he plays?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I would go Miller over JHill. He's got more of the ground timeshare, and the higher floor/lower ceiling. He's the ideal RB2.

I missed that you were looking for just one RB there. Ingram is fine.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 10, 2014

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Choose 4, 1PPR league:

Lamar Miller
Keenan Allen
Michael Floyd
Jordan Cameron
John Brown
Brandon LaFell

Leaning toward benching Brown (no brainer, I think) and LaFell. I think he might be in Belichick's dog house after that fumble last week.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

railroad terror posted:

Choose 4, 1PPR league:

Lamar Miller
Keenan Allen
Michael Floyd
Jordan Cameron
John Brown
Brandon LaFell

Leaning toward benching Brown (no brainer, I think) and LaFell. I think he might be in Belichick's dog house after that fumble last week.

Keenan Allen is a turdburglar that I am avoiding. Are Moncrief, Martavias Bryant, Charles Johnson or even Harry Douglas available? I would play all those over Keenan with the exception of Douglas only if either Julio or White were to sit.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Meltathon posted:

I feel like I used to have very few questions about who to start, but I can't make up my mind on a bunch of stuff this week. ESPN standard scoring.

RB2
L Murray@KC
Lamar Miller @ NE

Flex
Kelvin Benjamin TB
Jordan Matthews Dal
B Lafell MIA
or Murray/Miller depending on who I start there.

Bold is my current picks. Miller is more consistent, but Murray put up good numbers against KC a few weeks ago. Cam's car crash has me worried, but Benjamin also put up 15 points on TB in week 1, and that was without Cam.

Murray probably won't find the endzone against KC this time. I don't know that I would quite be ready to trust him yet, as without a TD I think he'll score similarly to Miller, who as you say is more consistent. I think in general you're right though, the chance that he'll score substantially fewer points than boring safe Miller is pretty low, and he does have a higher upside. I would also go with Benjamin, although Matthews wouldn't be a bad option if you're worried about Carolina's QB situation.

Gobias Ind. posted:

10 team, 0.2 PPR, Yahoo league. I'm the number 1 seed and facing a pretty weak opponent, so I'm mostly just looking for the highest floor with my RB2.

Pick WR1, WR2, and Flex
Demaryius Thomas @ San Diego
Odell Beckham vs Washington
TY Hilton vs Houston
Randall Cobb @ Buffalo

Pick an RB2
Mark Ingram @ Chicago
Jonathan Stewart vs Tampa Bay
Jeremy Hill @ Cleveland
Lamar Miller @ New England

Bold is what I'm currently thinking, but I'm really tempted to start Stewart against TB. If DeAngelo Williams is out, I think that's what I'll do. But what should I do if he plays?

With your WRs, agreed. With your RBs, I would probably stick with Ingram. He'll only be really disappointing if NO is playing from behind the whole game. Despite last week, I still think NO's offense will sputter a little less than the Bears' offense. It's close, though, Stewart isn't a bad decision either.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

Murray probably won't find the endzone against KC this time. I don't know that I would quite be ready to trust him yet, as without a TD I think he'll score similarly to Miller, who as you say is more consistent. I think in general you're right though, the chance that he'll score substantially fewer points than boring safe Miller is pretty low, and he does have a higher upside. I would also go with Benjamin, although Matthews wouldn't be a bad option if you're worried about Carolina's QB situation.

Any reason why you think that re: the end zone? It is only one data point, but his only touchdowns did come against the Chiefs, and their defense isn't good. I think he has as good a chance as Miller does at finding the endzone personally. As for who I'd start, I'm not so sure (hence why I asked a similar question about my RBs earlier).

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
In a non-PPR, standard Yahoo league, I need to choose between:

WR #2
Mike Wallace @ NE
Jordan Matthews VS DAL
Martavis Bryant @ ATL

RB #2 & Flex
Giovani Bernard @ CLE
Ryan Mathews VS DEN
Latavius Murray @KC
Daniel Herron vs. HOU

Bernard has mostly been a disappointment post-injury, and Mathews has a bad match-up so I'm not sure. In all cases I'm pretty up in the air.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

Any reason why you think that re: the end zone? It is only one data point, but his only touchdowns did come against the Chiefs, and their defense isn't good. I think he has as good a chance as Miller does at finding the endzone personally. As for who I'd start, I'm not so sure (hence why I asked a similar question about my RBs earlier).

Just because those are the only two rushing TDs KC has given up :v: I don't think I have watched any KC games, but it seems like too many games for it to be a fluke that they don't allow rushing touchdowns, even though they give up so many rushing yards. And yeah, I don't think Miller has a great shot at a touchdown either.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea, my biggest concern with L Murray is that KC was somehow caught by surprise last time since it was his first start. Now they will have a better game plan and shut him down. I was thinking that Murray and Miller's floors were probably both around 5 points, but Miller hasn't really had a big game all year. I'm going Murray, although it's practically a coin flip.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
EDIT:^^ Oh poo poo, just in time for L.Murray chat, perfect. I have that same fear too :ohdear:

Despite having a revolving door of QBs all season I've made it to the playoffs, and I need to go for big points this week to make it to the championship game. Which of these guys gives me the highest ceiling?

Matt Ryan vs. Pit
Tannehill @ NE
Mark Sanchez vs. Dal
Johnny loving Football vs. Cin
Derek Anderson (Cam's backup) vs. TB

It's JFF isn't it.

In this same league (ESPN, 0 ppr) Ellington has left me with a hole in the RB2 spot. Who's the best play?

Latavius Murray @KC
Rashad Jennings vs. Wsh
Andre Williams vs. Wsh
Alfred Blue @Ind

Right now I'm leaning L.Murray in hopes that he'll have a day like the one he had last time the Raiders played KC, plus he put up decent RB2 numbers last week. Seems like an easier choice than trying to figure out what the Giants backfield is going to look like...

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Have a few questions for this week

Standard scoring (5 pt. TDs)
JFF vs. Cin
or
Sanchez vs. Dal

FLEX
Ryan Mathews vs DEN
Latavius Murray @ KC

Leaning towards Sanchez and Murray but really tempted to throw Johnny Football into the mix

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Need help with my playoff lineup, this is my first year with a real shot at winning it all and I'm concerned that might be loving with my lineup decisions.

0.5 PPR
RB2
LeSean McCoy vs DAL
Rashad Jennings vs WSH
Joique Bell vs MIN (flex)

WR (pick 2)
Odell Beckham vs WSH
Jordan Matthews vs DAL
DeSean Jackson @ NYG
Marquess Wilson vs NO
Allen Hurns @ BAL

TE (I loving hate this position)
Jordan Reed @ NYG
Jermaine Grisham @ CLE

As far as defenses go, still rolling with Eagles but I saw NYJ was on the waiver (against TEN) and now I'm tempted to grab them. I should stay with the Eagles right?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Need help with my WR2, ESPN Standard Scoring:

Josh Gordon vCin
Kenny Stills @Chi
DeSean Jackson @ NYG

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sushipants posted:

Need help with my playoff lineup, this is my first year with a real shot at winning it all and I'm concerned that might be loving with my lineup decisions.

0.5 PPR
RB2
LeSean McCoy vs DAL
Rashad Jennings vs WSH
Joique Bell vs MIN (flex)

WR (pick 2)
Odell Beckham vs WSH
Jordan Matthews vs DAL
DeSean Jackson @ NYG
Marquess Wilson vs NO
Allen Hurns @ BAL

TE (I loving hate this position)
Jordan Reed @ NYG
Jermaine Grisham @ CLE

As far as defenses go, still rolling with Eagles but I saw NYJ was on the waiver (against TEN) and now I'm tempted to grab them. I should stay with the Eagles right?

Looks good to me.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Reik posted:

Josh Gordon vCin
Kenny Stills @Chi
DeSean Jackson @ NYG

Since you're down 60 you have to go with the guy with the highest ceiling, which is undoubtedly Gordon.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Reik posted:

Josh Gordon vCin
Kenny Stills @Chi
DeSean Jackson @ NYG

It has leaked into this thread too apparently. Don't start Stills. He's just as likely to get you 2 points as he is to get you 10.

vv I would, yes.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Murphy Brownback posted:

It has leaked into this thread too apparently. Don't start Stills. He's just as likely to get you 2 points as he is to get you 10.

Since I'm setting up shop in crazy might as well go with the JFF experiment?

• Locked thread