Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Standard scoring, flex one:
Jeremy Maclin v Dallas
Josh Gordon v Cincinnati
Lamar Miller @ NE

I hate Mark Sanchez for demoting Maclin from stud status, but it is what it is. Lamar Miller seems good for a solid 7-10, but his ceiling seems really low compared to either of my other options. Josh Gordon will have a rookie QB throwing to him and Cincinnati is second stingiest giving up points to WR, but I want to start him anyway, haha. It feels like a toss up between Maclin and Miller, I guess I'm slightly leaning Maclin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

How much upside do you need, if you had to guess

It should be close. I'm probably a slight underdog, on the order of 5-10 points maybe. Definitely don't need to risk starting Gordon, I think. This is assuming Jimmy Graham starts playing more like Jimmy Graham, though, else I'll be in a pretty big hole. I don't have Antonio Brown, so benching him isn't an option, unfortunately.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Meltathon posted:

I feel like I used to have very few questions about who to start, but I can't make up my mind on a bunch of stuff this week. ESPN standard scoring.

RB2
L Murray@KC
Lamar Miller @ NE

Flex
Kelvin Benjamin TB
Jordan Matthews Dal
B Lafell MIA
or Murray/Miller depending on who I start there.

Bold is my current picks. Miller is more consistent, but Murray put up good numbers against KC a few weeks ago. Cam's car crash has me worried, but Benjamin also put up 15 points on TB in week 1, and that was without Cam.

Murray probably won't find the endzone against KC this time. I don't know that I would quite be ready to trust him yet, as without a TD I think he'll score similarly to Miller, who as you say is more consistent. I think in general you're right though, the chance that he'll score substantially fewer points than boring safe Miller is pretty low, and he does have a higher upside. I would also go with Benjamin, although Matthews wouldn't be a bad option if you're worried about Carolina's QB situation.

Gobias Ind. posted:

10 team, 0.2 PPR, Yahoo league. I'm the number 1 seed and facing a pretty weak opponent, so I'm mostly just looking for the highest floor with my RB2.

Pick WR1, WR2, and Flex
Demaryius Thomas @ San Diego
Odell Beckham vs Washington
TY Hilton vs Houston
Randall Cobb @ Buffalo

Pick an RB2
Mark Ingram @ Chicago
Jonathan Stewart vs Tampa Bay
Jeremy Hill @ Cleveland
Lamar Miller @ New England

Bold is what I'm currently thinking, but I'm really tempted to start Stewart against TB. If DeAngelo Williams is out, I think that's what I'll do. But what should I do if he plays?

With your WRs, agreed. With your RBs, I would probably stick with Ingram. He'll only be really disappointing if NO is playing from behind the whole game. Despite last week, I still think NO's offense will sputter a little less than the Bears' offense. It's close, though, Stewart isn't a bad decision either.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

Any reason why you think that re: the end zone? It is only one data point, but his only touchdowns did come against the Chiefs, and their defense isn't good. I think he has as good a chance as Miller does at finding the endzone personally. As for who I'd start, I'm not so sure (hence why I asked a similar question about my RBs earlier).

Just because those are the only two rushing TDs KC has given up :v: I don't think I have watched any KC games, but it seems like too many games for it to be a fluke that they don't allow rushing touchdowns, even though they give up so many rushing yards. And yeah, I don't think Miller has a great shot at a touchdown either.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Fantasypros agrees. Except it says Golden Tate.

Tate in PPR should be a very safe 10-15 points at least with a ceiling of maybe 20-22 (10 catches, 100 yards kind of day)? Martavis can go 2 catches for 19 yards or 4 catches for 110 and a TD. I'd probably go Tate.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

I felt really good about Jeremy Hill this week until everyone in the other thread started talking him down. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Pick an RB2 (0.2 PPR)

Jeremy Hill @ Cleveland
Jonathan Stewart vs Tampa Bay
Mark Ingram @ Chicago Bears
Lamar Miller @ New England

Now I'm starting to think that Stewart is the better play, since it looks like DeAngelo Williams will be out. I'm also tempted to drop one of those guys (probably Stewart, because this is the only week I might start him. Won't do it when DeAngelo is back) on Saturday and grabbing the Bills D for Week 16. Couldn't drop Stewart if I played him though.

e: When I frame it that way I kind of want to run with Hill. I'm very heavily favoured in this week's matchup and would love to get the Bills for next week before they hit waivers after this weekend. Hill + Bills seems better to me than starting Stewart.

My order would probably be Ingram, Hill, Stewart, Miller. Stewart has too much uncertainty.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hmm yeah I'm probably being a little too harsh on Ingram. He hasn't scored in 4 or 5 weeks though, and if the Bengals are serious about featuring Hill then this seems like a game where they should learn from their disaster against the Browns earlier in the year and give Hill 25 carries.

I think Hill is a good option too, don't get me wrong. I guess I trust NO to kill Chicago a little bit, and I think Ingram and Graham (:pray:) will have good games. Hill should too, though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Buuuhhhh, Crowell or Latavius Murray???

Guaranteed workload for Murray, KC should give up a lot of yards, but he's had one flukey amazing game and one heavy workload but unremarkable game. Crowell has Cincinnati's terrible run defense to bust through, plus Cleveland should be even more reliant on the run as they ease Manziel in, but West could easily eat up half the carries and will probably at the very least take maybe 1/3 of them. The only person I'd bench so I could play both of them is Jeremy Maclin, but I am almost positive I'm not going to do that.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd play Crowell, then flip a coin on Miller and Matthews. Miller is a safer floor while Matthews is the higher ceiling.

.5ppr, +2 pts for TDs over 40 yds.
Need 1:
McCoy vs Dal
G Tate vs Min
or
J. Hill @ Cle

and I need a TE
D.Allen vs Hou
or
Donnell vs Was

I currently have McCoy and Donnell starting, but I would like to hear some other people's thoughts on the matter. I will also note I have OBJr, not that I mind stacking two ball catchers on the same team (I also have Hilton).

Edit: Here's a screenshot of my lineup and my opponents:

No argument here, I'd do the same. I don't know whether Allen is supposed to play more this week, but I don't think you take the chance that Fleener keeps the bulk of the snaps.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Enforka posted:

Repost, but pick three of these dudes, standard scoring:

Ingram @ Chi
Gordon v Cin
Benjamin v TB

Crowell v Cin

I feel pretty good about Ingram and Benjamin, but I'm having a headache trying to figure out what the Browns will do on offense. Bengals are poor at defending the run. Part of me thinks the Browns are going to run it a lot to take pressure off Manziel, the other part thinks they will be trying to stretch the field to take advantage of Manziel's scrambling ability. Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

I can't justify Gordon over Crowell for myself. Cincinnati is great against the pass and poor against the run. With so much uncertainty about Manziel and how he affects the offense, I'm going to stick with the more productive player recently with the much easier match up. Gordon could have a big day, but I don't think a couple rushing touchdowns and a few long runs for Crowell are too unlikely either.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zero_Grade posted:

I'm in a tough semifinal and need a high-upside play cause I'm projected to lose by a bit. What's the best defense for that? I'm leaning Seattle at the moment.

Chiefs vs OAK
Giants vs WAS
Seahawks vs SF

Seattle for sure. It isn't even close, they should destroy SF and the sad husk of a QB that they're trotting out. Next I'd go Chiefs, and finally Giants as the riskiest of the three (though still obviously great). Those are like three of the top five or six options this week, though!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

My playoff life is on the line. :ohdear: Need a flex and a TE. NFL.com standard scoring.

Flex

Josh Gordon V. CIN
Giovani Bernard @ CLE
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Kelvin Benjamin V. TB
Jordan Matthews V. DAL

Leaning Matthews but I see some potential in Benjamin. Hill and Bernard seem to be locked in a 50/50 struggle nowadays, and Gordon will have a rookie QB in his first start throwing to him and that worries me.

TE

Antonio Gates V. DEN
Greg Olsen V. TB

Gates is a favorite target of Rivers, and I think Denver doesn't cover TEs all that well maybe?

I'd probably go with Benjamin over Matthews. Both have cooled off lately, but Benjamin has had many more great games and is going against a much softer defense. Given how poorly Cam has been playing this season, I'm not sure it will even be much of a step down in QB quality with Cam out. Hill is another good option, though I would probably put him just below Benjamin and Matthews, but there's some risk in assuming the noises being made about Hill "being the starter" are true and translate into a larger share of the workload right away. For TE, it's Olsen, you should not have any doubts about that one.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm up against a monster team this week and I'd definitely need a homerun.

Well, if you really need a homerun, that sort of puts Josh Gordon back in the conversation. I think it's more likely he has another quiet game than a monster game, personally. But all it takes is two long receptions for touchdowns to have a monster day, and Gordon is the most likely to get that out of your options IMO. Probably Benjamin next likeliest for having a big day, then Hill, only because I still think Gio will be plenty involved, even if Hill gets the majority of the carries.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 14, 2014

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheSean posted:

Tre Mason's bad game put me in a hole this week. I need a RB, TE, and FLEX out of the following guys. 1 PPR.

Latavius Murray @ KC
Shane Vereen vs. Mia
Bishop Sankey vs. NYJ
Delanie Walker vs. NYJ
Larry Donnell vs. Was
Rueben Randle vs. Was

I think Murray is close to a no-brainer at RB. Donnell and Walker both have pretty good matchups. Is it crazy to start one at TE and FLEX the other over Randle/Vereen/Sankey?

Donnell has been pretty awful the last few weeks, but at least he's getting targets. I would definitely start Walker and Donnell over either Sankey or Randle. Vereen is the only reasonable option, but I'd still almost certainly go with the two TEs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

JoeRules posted:

Repost from last page - thinking Aiken at the FLEX since I need something big.

Definitely Murray at flex, that shouldn't be in doubt. Definitely shouldn't waste the flex on Aiken. Honestly, your WRs are all kinds of awful this week. Landry is supposed to draw Revis, but I think I'd risk it and start him. Then... I guess Shorts? Maybe Baldwin over Shorts, but really Seattle should crush SF and not throw too much.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

4 of my best fantasy performers play Monday night in NO@CHI, need to pick 2 from these 5 for my flex spot, with at LEAST 1 TE picked (but both can be picked too, our flex includes TE):

FULL PPR

Jimmy Graham
Martellus Bennett
Mark Ingram
Alshon Jeffrey

I need only 2, and at least one TE. Help!

Hmm, that's actually a lot tougher than it should be. Between Graham, Bennett, and Jeffery, who is the odd man out? I feel like you have to start Jeffery, as he'll get targets and yards. Then, I think I'd actually want to start Bennett since Marshall died. You'd be opening yourself up to a lot of risk if Cutler/Chicago have a bad game, though, so maybe go with Jimmy, who should have a great game too? I don't think you can make a bad choice between those three, but choosing only two is tough!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Reposting earlier quandary. My opponent and I are both projected for the same score.

Giants run d is really bad, so I think you can start Morris again... but Washington is horrible and will probably go down big early. Hmm. I guess I'd do: Benjamin, Gordon (though if you're feeling Douglas over Gordon, that's not a bad idea to play it a little safe), Murray, and Hill. Morris for either of those last two is defensible, though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Enforka posted:

In that case, I think I'd go with Senior, I think Wallace will be stranded on Revis Island, and Gordon is facing a tough pass D with a new QB. Torrey's probably going to be out or limited and I'd expect SSS to pick up the slack.

FYI, supposedly Revis will be on Landry. I'd still rather go with Smith Sr though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thefncrow posted:

OK, having a bit of last minute waffling. ESPN standard, second round of the playoffs.

Defense:
Bills vs GB
Giants @ WSH

Bills have been great but Giants may be the better matchup. I've got the Bills going for now, but I keep wondering if that's the right call.

Definitely Giants. You don't start the defense playing against GB, it's as simple as that imo.

Pain of Mind posted:

I would probably do Giants,

Pick 2:

Fred Jackson @ GB
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Kelvin Benjamin vs TB.

Leaning Benjamin and Jackson, though Benjamin has had a lot of games where he gets 20 yards and a TD, so without the TD it can be kind of risky. Jackson will get work even if they are down a lot, not sure how much work Hill will get.

Any PPR? I'd probably lean Hill over Jackson if it's standard, but definitely Jackson if PPR. I'd start Benjamin too.

korrandark posted:

Should I start Aaron Rodgers @ Buffalo or Ben Big @ Atlanta?

Hmmm. I could not bring myself to sit Rodgers, but Ben @ Atlanta is really nice. Ben struggled @ NYJ and @ Ten recently, and had a lot of poorer weeks early in the year, whereas Rodgers has almost not had a single bad week. Start Rodgers imo.

Chimeric posted:

Pick one to sit on the bench (1 PPR, 6 PPTD):

A.J. Green @ Cle
Josh Gordon vs Cin
Odell Beckham Jr. vs Was
Mike Evans @ Car

It's hard to think about taking Green or Gordon out of the lineup but Green has the worst matchup of the four and Gordon's offense is a big question mark this week.

A.J. Green has a decent chance at getting shut down again, so is a little risky. I still don't think I would sit him for Gordon, but I'd think about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

League 1, 0 PPR (8 Teams) - Pick 2RB, 2WR, 1FLX
RB: Mark Ingram, Isaiah Crowell, Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Stewart
WR: Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Odell Beckham Jr

League 2, 0.5 PPR
Would you start Mark Ingram @Chi or Jeremy Hill @Cle?
Would you start Matt Ryan vPit, Philip Rivers vDen, or Eli Manning vWsh?

Man, I don't know that you can sit Beckham. Last two weeks, Bryant has played Eagles and Bears and has not done much. I'd definitely go Beckham over him. I'd even think about Beckham over Thomas. But Megatron, Thomas, Beckham is the way to go for WRs and flex. RBs I agree with.

• Locked thread