Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

slagmatic posted:

In a standard scoring, ten team league I'm trying to fill a 2nd flex. Can't decide between

Fred Jackson vs. GB or
Latavius Murray @ KC

Leaning twoards Murray because I hear Spiller is healthy now and I'm not sure how that affects FJax usage. But the Raiders are also the Raiders.

In a .5 PPR twelve team, also having a tough time picking between

Mike Wallace @ NE
Malcom Floyd vs. DEN
Chris Johnson @ TEN

for a flex spot. Losing Brandon Marshall put me in a bad way. Pierre Garcon @ NYG is also available as a free agent. I want to use Wallace but I think Revis Island is a real phenomenon, and Tannehill has been crap the last couple games. Maybe they will have to throw a lot?

I would lean Jackson and Johnson.
EDIT: Forgot Spiller isn't eligible until week 16.

Similar boat, 1PPR, pick two:

Marqise Lee (JAX) @Baltimore
Marquess Wilson (CHI) vs. New Orleans
Harry Douglas (ATL) vs. Pittsburgh
Malcolm Floyd (SD) vs. Denver

I'm leaning Lee and Douglas right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

RCarr posted:

Someone please help me in my time of need.

Personally I'd go Reed if Desean Jackson doesn't play. If he does play then I'd say Rudolph.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Arcturas posted:

RB2:
TE:
Flex: (This is the harder choice)

For RB, I'd check the waiver a bit more. Mathews is hurt so B. Oliver might not be a bad play, or maybe Chris Johnson? If Mathews plays you'll have to go with him, I'd stay away from Kerwynn Williams IMHO.

For TE I really like Cameron this week with a new QB against a decent Cin defense. Fleener is still producing with Allen in the mix but he's more risky I think than Cameron.

For Flex I'd go Sanu since Haden will likely shut down Green. Wallace will be on Revis Island and Bryant is a very risky, high upside play.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 11, 2014

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Meltathon posted:

Man, I think I'd go Lacy, J Bell and Matthews. That's a stacked team you have to face though. The #1 RB and WR, and the #6 RB. You're going to need some way above average games from your team to compete.

I could see the argument for Lacy but personally I'd go Crowell over Lacy due to the matchup. I hate sitting Lacy but these health issues and Buffalo's stiff run D, along with Cleveland's coaches saying they're wanting to reduce the chances for Manziel to gently caress up (read: run the ball a lot), I think Crowell has a bit higher upside this weekend (although West may vulture TDs like he did the last time they played Cinci).

EDIT: And if Starks plays instead of Lacy I'd definitely go Crowell.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Atticus Finch posted:

Quoting myself

I'd go Browns D over Cinci or Titans or Jets, HOWEVER if you don't LOSE points for points allowed, I could see an argument for Titans D based on Geno turnovers OR Cinci D based on Manziel turnovers. Personally I'd still go Browns.

Bobby Cox posted:

I've seen arguments for and against all three of these dudes and I just don't know, but maybe y'all do! Standard scoring, 0.5 PPR, need 1 flex between:

Steve Smith Sr. vs. Jags
Sammy Watkins vs. Packers

I like Watkins better as I think Smith will get a TD in and then they'll just hand the ball to Forsett for the rest of the game. Who's in your other WR slots?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Bobby Cox posted:

Calvin Johnson and T.Y. Hilton, so they're good. ESPN's player blurb mentions Orton's interceptions the past few games and that Buffalo would be wise to keep the ball on the ground but who knows if they'll actually do that. On the other side, I could definitely see that happening with Smith (and luckily I have Forsett too :getin:)

Green Bay's rush defense is not HORRIBLE but also not great (so everyone always thinks team will run against Green Bay to control the clock and limit the GB offense's time on the field), the problem is Green Bay's offense forces you to push your offense into overdrive. I can't imagine that when GB is up on Buffalo 28 - 10 halfway through the 3rd that they'll just start handing the ball to Jackson and going "Good luck!"

Watkins is the best target on that offense even though Woods has been great as a team WR2 with Watkins unable to deal with good coverage. You're right though - Orton is terrible, and Orton - Watkins are not Ryan - Julio, so you can't expect the same production as last week.

To me, Smith is a higher floor - lower ceiling and Watkins is the opposite. Neither is a bad play, it just depends on what you want. With TY and Megatron in, I'd say sticking with a safer option isn't a bad bet.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Rivers vs. DEN
Or
Sanchez vs. DAL

Rivers is safer, Sanchez has more upside. This depends on the rest of your team and your opponent's team, but on the face of it I'd go Sanchez assuming you need to go big or go home.

Farchanter posted:

I'm in a fairly standard 0 ppr ESPN league with, importantly, 2 points per ten punt return yards. I need to start two of Joique Bell (vs. Minnesota,) Fred Jackson (vs. Green Bay,) and Darren Sproles (vs. Dallas.) Additionally, I need to start one of Julius Thomas (at San Diego) and Greg Olsen (vs. Tampa Bay.)

Bell and Olsen for sure. On Jackson versus Sproles, that's honestly just a crapshoot. I guess I'd go Jackson based on workload... last time Phi and Dal played Sproles only got 32 return yards. Sproles is always such a gamble and recently hasn't been paying off.

• Locked thread