Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Here is the StormCrow I use right now.

Sheryl

Simple build, I am sure someone will tell me I am putting the ammo in the wrong place but whatever. For weapon groups I have group 1 be a full alpha and group 2 be chainfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

TBK I love you and all but you need to get that stupid designed-by-committee bracket build bullshit out of here

It is not a TBK build unless it is hotter than the sun.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Supraluminal posted:

How is this game these days in terms of weight-class roles and balance? Are there concrete, tangible reasons for using mixed forces, or do you just want as many Assaults as possible with maybe a couple of lights for scouting/harassment?

PGI 'balanced' the roles by making you take 3 of each into every fight.

e;fb

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Marathanes posted:

Supposedly, in CW, each player will have a tonnage limit up to 240 tons to fill their dropship with, depending on the mission, so different weights will certainly have a role there as well. 2 Atloxen and 2 Locusts? 2 Timber Wolves, a Stormcrow, and a Kit Fox? 4 Mad Dogs?

4 centurions, done.

Did I win CW?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

Also I've adopted a teamkill-on-sight policy for goons running lrmboats. just an fyi. Get better or I'll make you get better

You are doing the lord's work.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

They're bad, and the worst part is that they're not quite bad enough for people to realise they're not even remotely worth taking over lasers(the god weapon at this point of the game) and/or whatever dumb gimmicky ballistic poo poo(gauss rifles excepted, which are as good as ever)

e: People also play them in incredibly boring, passive ways, and they're actively harmful as far as becoming less of a lovely player goes. When I did a stupid lrmboat to get my stalker basics way back in the day, I at least pushed and spotted/tagged targets for myself instead of whining about people not giving me locks while hiding behind a hill

e2:

They're actually actively harmful and in the group queue I see goons using pure lrmboats more than the pubbie groups I fight alongside/against

Solo queue is a different story. A much better story. A world dominated by a single tyrannical metal toddler armed with greenbeams of doom

Preach, Every dumb assault or heavy hanging behind a hill that ends up untouched after their team is wiped out is an active detriment to their team.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Jesus, I haven't even basic'd this thing, modpud, I am a believer.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Here is another good mech' due to quirks

Large Lenturian

Put the arm LL on their own group, even firing all 3 is not too hot, skirmish with this thing, don't brawl. Turn to your right after firing so your left arm soaks up hits.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Holy poo poo, I need to find the portal to escape this bizzaro universe where PGI is not only on time, but early.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Just defended Susquhana from space furries. fun times.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
We just won within the last 10 seconds of a match on a counter-attack against clans.

Holy poo poo, that was insanely close.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Played 3 matches, won 3 matches, good loving times, this game-mode rules.

Still seems to really favor defense.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Hey 19, what is the proper way to report folks using hate speech in game?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Hey modpud, how do you build your T-bolts?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
And to think this only cost us 3 million ISK.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Has... has anyone else had their mech lab be on fire while loading?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
So yeah, this thing is terrifying.

Extended Reverence Praise Paul Cannon Thunderbolt

Runs disgustingly cool for a ERPPC boat. Mounts are stupid high, especially the right torso ones.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

EoRaptor posted:

I would bump up that front CT armour a bit, you are a very much a 'front facing' mech, even if you practice peak and duck a lot.

Mine is, I forgot to tweak the values on smurfy.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

KDR squad is dead, and also was only clans for a super short period of time, but it works the same way for both sides. Click robots, don't die, win game 48-6 as IS attackers against a 12 person clan group on boreal

It helps when you don't use LRMs or other awful builds (seriously some of those robots phorashi posted, lol)

Care to share some builds? I always seem to do stupidly well with robots you use.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
To elaborate on why ModPud says the Tbolt has the ERPPCs mounted in the wrong place, here is a picture of my Tbolt with the correct mounts.

See those blue thingies to the left of my cockpit? those are the 2 ERPPCs in the RT.

See those 2 X's way down low below the cockpit? those are where your other 2 ERPPCs are located on the LT in the build you linked.

The RT mounts are stupidly high up, and you barely have to expose yourself to fire them, the low LT mounts are lovely and you have to walk your whole rear end out of cover to fire.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
"Not quite as awful" is the nicest thing anyone has said about me all day!

Also, please tell me what I am doing wrong with this Firestarter, I have a feeling I hosed it up.

Axel's bad FS9

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Jesus, I take everything negative back I ever said about firestarters, now that I have it elited it pretty much feels like the jenner and the MPL one is the most deadly loving thing on two legs.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

:stare:

That is some pretty concentrated autism.

Is that poo poo even street legal?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Chomp8645 posted:

No it's not legal that's why the convention was gassed.

Still not convinced it wasn't body odor.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

I'm totally okay with people liking my little pony but I'm not a big fan of "brony culture" or whatever

Same, I don't give a poo poo what folks watch but this-

quote:

I really love this show, can’t wait to get my Pinkie Pie-sama body pillow.
-gives me the creeps.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
My little Mechwarrior: autism is magic

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

teepo posted:

oh look, stats for a bunch of meta mechs you rarely solo dropped in

bravo

I really don't know why we are all having cares about how good people are at internet robots, but as someone that has dropped in matches with modpud, yes, she is probably one of the best goons playing right now.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
It is really weird to heat goons talking about meta mechs considering back in the day we were the ones that made the mechs everyone else used, from the gaussapult to the menturian.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Yeah, well you all are a -

*POST HEAT ACTIVATED, YOUR COMPUTER HAS ENTERED HEAT SHUTDOWN*

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo this custom title

It's really good that there are still people who think I'm trans, and who are really up front about being completely terrible human beings

But didn't you hear? hating on trans people is the hip cool edgey thing for goons to do these days, hang on, let me make a witty post comparing them to otherkins.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
We should throw an angry red-text party, god knows we have enough people for it.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Captain Rufus posted:

It's called trying to be funny.

Try harder. Or better yet, not at all!

Also, CW for IS vs IS is now a never ending hail of blue lightening, its getting a bit silly.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Drewjitsu posted:

Who the gently caress cares about non cw poo poo?

Who the gently caress cares about cw poo poo?

It does literally nothing other than change colors on a map.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Fil5000 posted:

It's almost like people just like shooting robot.

Pretty much, I like either mode really, just I don't like having to wait 20 minutes+ for CW.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

sebmojo posted:

They fixed that, or at least made it much better. Radar derp is more useful though.

You feel like a loving ghost using this thing on a light.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

A.o.D. posted:

Nova Prime.

Make sure to fire all the lasers at once. :supaburn:

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I logged in and I am purple bird and not a green sword, what is going on?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Mindblast posted:

Alternatively go for srm4's so your range increases and you use all the quirks nicely.

Actually, the centurian missile quirks are no longer specific to the SRM4, you can use whatever missile system you want and get all the quirks.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Sard posted:

I finally got done saving up for the TBT-3C and just took it out for a spin with this setup.

:hawaaaafap:

I named it "Self Service" because of the TAG but holy poo poo turns out that's actually not the correct reason for the name! This owns. Everyone should spend some time doing this at some point in their storied space robot knight career. Zipping along between fronts tagging and beating the poo poo out of anything that doesn't get to cover. King Crabs are popular and are also shaped like catchers mitts, by the way. I think I might actually have an excess of ammo so maybe I should drop a ton and pack a medium laser? Or I could just keep running to a safe distance.

Holy poo poo, get that ammo out of your torsos.

Put another ton in the right leg, 1 in the head, and I dunno, put the rest in arms, do you really need all that ammo for 2 LRM 15 launchers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

hopterque posted:

You know what else does a lot of damage to unarmored parts of a mech.

Literally anything except flamers.

You know what doesn't do a lot of damage under any other circumstance? Machine guns.

You're seriously proposing, as an alternative to the biggest most powerful gun in the game, 6 extra missiles and 3 machine guns. Machine guns aren't a viable alternative to anything, let alone an AC/20. Who the gently caress cares about how often they crit internals when an unarmored part of a mech is one shot away from being destroyed by pretty much any gun or combination of guns in the game.

He does have a point in that machine guns are no longer the 'bigger threat to your mech than others due to ammo' it used to be, but yeah, Machine guns are still not very good. However, there is a reason folks make fun of the 'Wang forever, a Centurion and his gun-arm are soon parted.

• Locked thread