Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

gwarm01 posted:

This is where I point out how upset I am at myself for spending $20 on MechWarrior Tactics. What a terrible piece of garbage.

I played like one game in closed beta. I never played again. Now if someone were to make a game similar to Front Mission 3 but with Battletech rules? I'm not sure I would ever play anything else, especially if it was on the PC and you could make your own campaigns n poo poo.

Hell, someone remake Crescent Hawk's Inception and Revenge with some actual content (and not lovely EGA DOS era RTS play for the latter) and I will love whoever does so.

(Course I actually want original Squad Leader in good computer form too. Megamek and VASSAL just don't cut it.)

I think that's half the reason I still play this. To get that Battletech FEELING, no matter how little it gives. Some Space Robots are better than no Space Robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Fil5000 posted:

Yup - you can find us on synirc in the #fightingcocks channel.

Is there a general IRC goon MWO channel? If not y'all feel free to hang out in #tinypewtermen till someone gets off their rear end and makes one. We can sperg over if Warmachine or Battletech has the more depressing computer game at the moment while debating if 40k Titans could fight the Clans or something. Hardly anyone talks there unlike the goon megamek channel which would be too active for a staging area till someone regs a WOL IRC if they already haven't.

( I say #squawk would be a good channel name. #pyckgetamic for in joke. #wol for sensible. #mwoliao if we want to bring in all the Liao pubbies and maybe try to coordinate things so House Ultramarines doesn't curb stomp our Juche or whatever quite so bad. Ideally someone has already done this sort of thing and I have just missed that post/info. I have to grind Donkey Kong in 3DS Smash for stupid Challenge panels and can't be arsed to do the work.)

I do have ops in #tinypewtermen and Arquinsel and Kharnifex used to be regs. I think I gave Arq half ops a while back but I forget. I'd probably give Pyck half just for comedy value so god I hope we actually have a proper channel already.

(I'd also give Ohsh and Angry Hippo if he is still playing the same for comedy. Tmerk and some of the actual competent people should probably have as well. Like in a real channel. That isn't a front for interstate drug trading. Because half of the Word seem to be high while playing. Yet they never share their weed with the rest of us. Which is as shameful as my playing and this rambling post.)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

garth ferengi posted:

I'm totally okay with people liking my little pony but I'm not a big fan of "brony culture" or whatever

I know a heck of a lot about rufus because he had been banned from an internet relay chat channel a few days before I joined it, and I ended up joining in the middle of a conversation about him and what an awful person he is, punctuated by a picture of him. It's hard to forget a thing like that

What I'm saying is that the internet loving owns. It's good as hell

What IRC? Illuminate me oh massive loather of LRMs to a level even the biggest autists don't have. :precious:

Nice to know even mocking your LRM rage causes enormous butthurt in you to the point you have to look up nearly 4 year old IRC logs some other tryhard good wasted their time hunting down.

If that is what friendly (ish) ribbing causes you to do I can only imagine what actual mean spirited stuff would cause out of you. Let's not take Internet Grindy Robots so seriously ok?

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

garth ferengi posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo this custom title

It's really good that there are still people who think I'm trans, and who are really up front about being completely terrible human beings

Making fun of folks for being in the LGBT spectrum aint cool. There are so many valid reasons to dislike you and your near lack of anything resembling a sense of humor nobody should be saying hurtful things like that even if you do go creepy doxxing over mild Brown Sea ribbing about your (somewhat) justified LRM loathing.

You are basically being this: http://www.salon.com/2014/12/23/sean_hannity_named_worst_of_fox_by_colleagues_has_twitter_temper_tantrum/ Don't be like Sean Hannity. Give up your rage and tryhard ways! Enjoy the robots but do not obsess over the robots. Like dust in the wind your MWO combat record is fleeting and irrelevant.

Don't you want to have FUN with Grindy Internet Space Robots?

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Great Beer posted:

I'm expecting a lords style split personally.

It's the doxxing I would be most excited for. Maybe pudding will find one of them watched Sailor Moon the 90s or something.
Basically what I'm saying is Pudding's value as a human being is inverse to her skills at stupid Internet Robot videogame.

(To everyone who is not a try hard Autist: Merry Christmas or whatever other Winter holiday you celebrate besides New Years Eve because most of you have enough alcoholism problems without another day to enable it. And St Patricks Day has Shamrock Shakes and is thus better excuse to get shitfaced day! :v )

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

TeeMerk posted:

my new alt is modpud kerensky

get gud

So nothing but LRM boating right? A silent warrior unconcerned with attention or the deficiencies of others? One who lets the missiles do the talking, not interested in meaningless kills or score?

Ps: This is called "friendly ribbing", aka a joke. Please to be aware of such things as they are part of mirthful ness and camaraderie.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 27, 2014

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Fil5000 posted:

Are you only going to pop up when people mention pudding now? Because that's as loving tiresome as pudding having googled you in the first place.

It's called trying to be funny. I recommend trying it sometime as opposed to taking this game so loving seriously. I know you can do it because I have seen you be a decent enough bloke in other threads as opposed to the joyless and miserable Autist you are in every MWO thread on SA.

Giant robots are awesome. Have fun with the giant robots. Stop taking them so loving seriously. I mean you seem to have actually started playing the game again instead of spending a good year or so being a whiny stick in the mud who complains about something he isn't actually playing so you are getting there. I sense the conflict within you, the fun game player who wants to come out and who doesn't actually care about his KDR or any of that other irrelevant happy horseshit.

Let the fun flow. Let your angry mechasperg wash away with the morning tide. Shoot robits and talk about how drunk or high you currently are or were sometime during the week. Or enjoy those who do such bodily harming things as they have great stories one can gain insights from. Or at least a chuckle.

Which is what I'm doing. Even when I get LRM spammed and grouch on it I'm having fun of a sort. (Blowing off steam in a harmless way.). When the game has it's unfun times I just don't loving play the game and rarely read and or post about it.

Peace and love.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 27, 2014

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Mindblast posted:

I wonder how it would have gone if cw had launched when it was originally meant to.

Well there seem to be about 250 people in WOL right now, though rarely are more than 20 or so people playing at any one time including prime time hours. (6 odd months ago maybe 3-6 people would be playing at the same time whenever I tried out the latest patch so.. Things are better? Ish?)

I am not sure what sort of math one can take from that. Perhaps there are like 100 Liaos in cw and during the same timeframe as said 100 maybe 500 Davs or something?

What kind of total player base are playing during prime time anyhow? A few thousand maybe?

How many goons were in the beta days? How many have come back and played ( as opposed to telling us all how lovely the game is or whatever the gently caress else they are doing) some? How many people who never played period but have hopped in due to CW or the threads getting reborn? How many folks are in the Clan or try hard splinter groups?

If it's even possible to answer these questions we might have an idea what to do about the Davion horde. Not that probably matters outside of bragging rights since I don't really see anything that matters in CW otherwise right now.

Though digital dickwaving might explain why Davs are turtling and turret camping in ways of seeming online boredom that would give one Everquest flashbacks, except without trolling Elves in Chessboard global chat to pass the time.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Tank Boy Ken posted:

On advancing together:
It's pretty drat easy to advance together in a "blob" as IS Unit. You just have to tell people to set their speed at 95% of the top speed of the slowest unit. Thus everyone can easily stay together and fan out. Moving at the highest speed will naturally force people to build the konga line. The Clan speed band is 81 kph (Trial mechs and non-elited ones) to 107 (S-Crows with Speed tweak). That's enough of a difference to build a konga line. Though It's not as bad a spread as it's usually found in a random IS team.

Hey man, a Match Speed command is like something you could do in X Wing on a fast 386 with like 2 Megs of ram.

And seriously, getting an entire non commed group of 12 people to do anything coherent is like uhh.. unlikely. With the wide variety of speeds maybe lances could possibly get in the same speed levels. But forcing a Raven and Dire Wolf to both go 50ish seems cruel and unusual.

Though with comms and maybe some mumble setup to have actual lance chat and then company chat work together and people playing serious it might be doable if Mumble can be coaxed into it. Or multiple mumbles or teamspeak or skype setups going for such things.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort even for the most serious of players but.. It might be something for those of you who want to play at that level to look into provided the solutions don't bring y'all's internet or computers to a screaming halt.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Fil5000 posted:

You don't seem to be too bothered either way so I'm surprised to see you post about it.

Also there were plenty of people on earlier playing not-CW. So I guess those people. And me.

More people seem less interested in CW than do, at least right now with the bonus prizes poo poo going on. Plus it's more constant playing of the game besides staring at a screen and hoping something happens. I mean I like the faction rewards n poo poo but.. It's not worth the time right now especially for folks working on say Clan mastering or some joke mechs or various gimmick fun builds with their new hoopties.

Most people probably don't want to have to play portable games waiting for their computer game to actually reach the loving PLAY GAME STATE, itself having lots of sitting about doing gently caress all.

CW can be fun but to say its the only way to play nowadays is a bit shortsighted really. Plus outside of faction rewards it is kind of pointless. Yay numbers on map change whoop de shitboggle. Your imaginary faction has a higher score that means nothing woo go Packers Red Sox Nation yeah!

(Well I guess the nutters who are actually trying to Roleplay in this game might care but honestly the only non sexy times sort of RP I want to engage in has dungeon maps and hit points and friends around a table who are all paying attention to whatever bugfuck stupid campaign idea the GM is running. Usually me jamming everything together and making a mockery of genre or setting canon. Because Shoggoths should in fact be able to eat Kender from Dragonlance and Draconians can time travel and have Elves in hover tanks. Phantasy Star and Ultima 1 knew what was up!)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I actually like one of my Mad Cat builds with an AC 10. poo poo feels good man. I have it, 3 Mediums, and some Srms and I can melt mechs in close. Plus aiming becomes kind of pointless which helps with getting fight tunnel vision out of one's mindset. Going 89 kph doesn't hurt either.

Though I am starting to find 3 medium lasers with Srms and main gun to taste is very pleasing to my play style in the Mad Cat. ER. Pulse. Streak. Normal. Some AC for a main gun. Load the Heat Sinks and ammo with maybe a Beagle Probe, TAG, or Targeting Computer and you can be a nice muderous mech in pub drop fun.

Of course given lots of the pubbies putting XL engines in everything it might be more their suck power than my robots having fun for me builds.

Some folks are very good with Gauss or PPCs but I just can't make em work for me.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

various cheeses posted:

Flamers can be bound to push-to-talk at least.

Machineguns are worthless as gently caress too.

Last night there was a pubby with a Banshee. It had 3 PPCs. 1 mpulse. And 4 mgs. I'm still trying to figure out why. Course there were also a couple IS Assaults with XL engines last night too.

It's like as bad as I am at this game there are people who are a 100 times worse. :psyduck:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Getting cheevo money today instead of playing Shadowrun Hong Kong which I SHOULD BE PLAYING INSTEAD. I had a good run:

5 small pulses. 1 Streak 6. Feels GOOD MAN. To be fair some of it could be due to all the idiots with LRM boats on tonight, but on the other hand I was fighting really well, capable of brawling with just about anything provided I wasn't ganged up on.

(In between looking for the matchmaker to find me Conquest games I paid bills, listened to Watch Out for Fireballs, and hosed around with the new Horus Heresy Drop Assault patch. I MULTITASKED! :neckbeard: )

Small Pulses with the range module are just SO GOOD as a Clan. Once I get enough GXP for cooldown for them I will just be a murder machine. Its like even I can learn from watching good Goon players.

Honestly it would be cool if IS mechs could generally compete with Clan but oh well for now. Even if I did see a pubbie in a Commando tonight utterly wrecking dicks with what looked like nearly a stock build...

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

BadOptics posted:

Edit: Also eatpants is a pretty chill dude, so if :pgi: bans that dude then gently caress them.

Eat pants is good and I hope to see him and Kazvall at Retroworld Expo in October.

Being a dick is half of the fun in this stupid game. Basically because as a Battletech player since 1988 I know the general community is comprised of little more than a bunch of joyless pricks so annoying them and shooting their robots is a good thing of good goodness.

Like I got kicked out of a Bt RPG campaign for calling the stock 3024 Dervish butt. And singing the Griffin song. It's like the llama song but about my favorite Gundam the nose picking Aspergers actually no kidding furry was too lame to make available. His game didn't last long. They just spent like 3 more sessions making characters before giving up.

Bt is full of such unfun joyless douchebags who do not understand that giant robots are awesome and rad. MWO is full of said douchey folks and us goons are here to shoot them and be funny ish which is something Battletech people hate. Like historical miniatures wargamers. They are allergic to fun.

For any Pgi or non SA MWO players out there please let the fun enter you. Become one with your being. Learn our ways. Partake in the pot of Bmr. The booze of T Merc. The bad puns of Corn. My utter inability to go more than 10 minutes without talking nerdy poo poo utterly unrelated to the game in comms. Kazvall's war talk which I presume he learned from Brazzers videos.

Or someone just remake mw4 Mercs with this engine and a really good drag and drop campaign creator so we can quit playing and wait for nerds to remake every Mechwarrior game campaign in it.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Kazvall posted:

Sadly I'm not going to retroworld. A family reunion was scheduled on the same weekend and I'll be in Canada.

But at least you can go to the mall Pgi is at and like throw a Cinnabon at them or something. Do it for your oppressed goons.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

armchairyoda posted:

that's me. i am not ashamed.

Though I think Vorenus was talking about me in one of his tryhard numbers:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687137&pagenumber=39&perpage=40#post439346664

I generally try to follow orders. Generally. When I'm paying attention.

Though in serious talk if people do still want to play super serious and not talk about dumb poo poo or watch streams of 80s music why not make a subchannel in Mumble for it and see what happens? Those of us who try to be competent but not on point serious will know not to go there or at least to bring our A games and the folks who don't want to hear bongs being ripped, beer being drunk, or The Tale of Bob From Marketing that TeeMerk would be better at telling than I will know that is the place for them.

Some people like tourney style gaming others do not.

It takes all kinds yo.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Washout posted:

Actively making the group queue worse is the final nail in the coffin, I was hoping they would be implementing Solaris arena or 4v4 scouting battles but at this rate it's obvious that they never will make any kind of positive movement with the game.

Yeah once they go 4 premade only I am pretty much done with the game till they roll it back. Running with a bunch of folks and shooting the poo poo over Mumble basically IS the game for me. The game itself is more or less an excuse to gab with people all over the world, cracking jokes and relieving stress via making fun of idiots on the other team because yelling at customers at work is a good way to not have a job.

Honestly if wait times are a thing?

GO BACK TO 8 A SIDE.

It's a lot faster for the Matchmaker to make matches when 8 less people need to be considered. It's almost like the simplest solution was right in their faces all along... Mech classes go 2 each and bam done!

And hell instead of making pointless loving mech packs make Solaris arenas that are free for alls and charge C bills and MC for entrance fees with cool rewards. And then basically just cut and paste MW 2 and 4 Merc maps with new textures. Grab some of the tabletop maps and add em in if there are legal issues.

Oh wait. We are dealing with incompetent numbskulls who are blessed with a kickass art team.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Great Beer posted:

Ah yes. Noted top tier mech chassis "Battlemaster". Better make sure its got only the best of the best builds available for its lovely missile variant.

The Awesome, Battlemaster, Griffin, and Shadow Cat being basically pointless in this game are all serious :smith: level things for me. Of course at this point there aren't any real needs for new mechs. More actual game content yes but people are stupid enough to keep giving them money so Pgi is gonna Pgi it. I can't really blame them for taking advantage of the stupid for easy fat stacks of cash, providing short term money even if it hurts things long term.

Grinding a new and usually inferior mech in a weight class isn't actually meaningful game content.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Propagandist posted:

Idunno man, that JJ Cicada might be fun.

Also, here's a hilarious variant of the Marauder II on that sarna website.

If Harmony Gold couldn't attack the poo poo Project Phoenix versions I think this one should be ok. Not that those dickbags wouldn't TRY to sue if they could mind you. Harmony Gold are douchebags who did something neat for the mid 80s and have basically been sitting on it ever since.

Because they will keep us from this: http://www.hlj.com/product/EVT57191/Act

(Sure they kept Macross 7 from us and all but even a stopped clock is right twice a day and whatnot.)

And I have a simple message for the Gold:

The Marauder 2 is the grey guy. IT LOOKS SO MARAUDER-Y.

Also I don't have any Griffins in MWO because why play that when I can use a Stormcrow?

But back in 2009 the MW5 announcement made me take my toy Griffins out to show my excitement:

I kind of like that mech. But not in MWO. Most IS rides aint got poo poo on the Clan ones.

poo poo, I have the Phoenix refit mini and the old lovely 3rd ed rear end plastic one. And even super ultra mega hyper tiny wee Griffins:

(I even got a box full of extra of these cute wee bairns. One of these days I am so gonna do the LP/Make it a full expandable wargame using ASL mapsheets so I can have ROBOTS FIGHTING AT PEGASUS BRIDGE n poo poo. One day.)

But yeah. In MWO basically using IS mechs over Clan isn't a normally good idea. And if you already have a mech chassis mastered why would you go through the effort of doing another one, especially if you are a cheap poo poo like me who only gave PGI 15 bucks mostly out of guilt for how long I have played the loving game for.

I haven't even gotten rid of this poor grade Z red text avatar from some Retrogames goon butthurt I don't like Nintendo enough or something.

I mean I could use this and somehow find more Billy Joel lyrics to fit it like my last 2 paid avatars or that 5 bucks could go to a big assfuck Iced Latte or a comic book or Dark Souls on Steam this weekend or something.

I'll just run this annoying bastard right now. Or start work on my massive backlog of games, books, and DVD/Blu Rays. For as much as this game is blah I can't quit playing it. poo poo's like Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 except over years instead of a single day. :doom:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Buff Butler posted:

Come on, if you don't make fun of LRM players for being poor dumb assholes to begin with, you're doing it wrong.

It doesn't work. I did some pub drops last night while camping in that 40k Clash of Clans ripoff. So many LRM boats. Like seas of poo poo rear end LRM spammers whose missiles mostly just hit terrain that can't be damaged because Red Faction 1 on the PS2 is LosTech or some poo poo. Maulers with nothing but 15s. It's sad. And then I get in there with 6 spulses and an Ultra 5 and just melt poo poo. The mk5 computer helps some too. ( Probably not as much as it is worth though.)

No wonder Pgi keeps doing these cash grabs. The primary player base is so goddamned dumb it's amazing they can tie their own shoes!

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Random Number posted:

Pikachu tryna gloryhound off of modpud nostalgia? Shameful.

He still can't afford a 5 dollar microphone from the Wal Mart checkout line or Five Below.
We shouldn't take his typed owns away from him as that is all he has. :smith:

Also I dunno why anyone cares if pudding is a he, a she, born one and wants to be other. Pudding was a miserable joyless elitist gently caress who was also a worthless cheater on a level that even the New England Patriots would be ashamed of. And at least they have the excuse of LOTS OF MONEY. SHITLOADS OF MONEY.

As opposed to a mediocre but pretty free to play game that is only enjoyable because of goons and Mumble.

Like pay 25 a month to cheat at internet space robots or like buy some cool old games on eBay or Steam one might actually try to win legitimately?

I don't get cheaters y'all. Why even play if you have auto win on? I mean a little save stating or turbo fire in a solo NES game? Sure! But isn't the point of multiplayer games the challenge of legitimate play against a real person?

I must be a goddamned alien because it makes no loving sense.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Guys I had a very good Timber Wolf Tier 4 Conquest match whilst listening to a kickass 7 hour podcast about Universal Horror movies from the golden age.

You might be wondering how someone as mediocre as I could do such a thing. Well with this build. A BUILD THAT SHOULD NOT BE:

And I just did another match where I hit 653 damage with a couple kills. (Lost on points. Half of my pubbies were pussyfooting pansies who barely moved from the spawn area.) You see there actually IS a method to making LRMs not complete poo poo.

ONLY FIRE THEM IN DIRECT LINE OF SIGHT UNDER 700 METERS-200 METERS
Yes. If you keep the target locked and visible you don't waste ammo hitting terrain which is what 90% of all LRMs by volume do most of the time. Because people are stupid and don't realize what LRMs actually do. Playing them more tabletop style where they poo poo damage at things they can see like a giant shotgun is far more effective. Sadly this build is still stupid hot but if you try to fight around 300-400 meters and back off to cool down you can get some nice fighting in. (I also have the range module for the MLs and cooldown for the Ultra5.) I had AMS on it as well but ammo was unbearably limited so dropping it and going with 10s over 15s helped out with more ammo and a faster fire rate. If it wasn't mostly just a joke build with a chassis I have sitting around because I normally don't like Jump Jets one bit because WANT MORE DAKKA I could possibly have a touch better cooling.

You don't waste your shots nearly as much and sometimes you can even cripple annoying little scout shites who are trying to run away with their tender open legs or back. So I might have found the correct way to LRM. Would still probably do much better with say 3 Small Pulses and SRM6s but I wanted to see if I could make it work. And I did. At least in early EST AM publand.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Speaking of builds we saw a thing last night, and there were two of them but like the Chupacabra few believed me.

Maulers with 2 AC 20, 2 srm 6, and a Large Pulse Laser. Yet without an XL. How can this be? How can this work? How can this not either instantly run out of ammo or overheat?

Inquiring minds want to know. Also gently caress off with the drama in this thread you wankers. Shoot robits and make fun of pubbies and Pgi the way God, Optimus Prime, Princess Celestia, Cthulhu, and Ol Dirty Bastard intended. :doom:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

hopterque posted:

this thread is constantly like "pgi is garbage as hell, except you number 19, you're a goon and would never do anything to hurt us and are great" when all he's doing is rolling out posts full of inane pandering horseshit to try and keep whatever sad sacks itc still play spending money. He's the same as everyone else at that company.

We have actually played the game with him. 19 is a good dude. Please remove your tinfoil hat.

YOUR KIND OF poo poo IS WHY NOBODY STAYS AT SA. Quit trying to run every developer, celebrity, or geek entertainment employee off the loving boards. Christ.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

F.A.G.G.O.T. posted:

People leave SA because it's a dead website that lost all relevance years and years ago and because of draconian moderation (where have I seen this before?), not because somebody said some mean words about a bad videogame and implied that hey, maybe the dude you thought was "one of the good ones" is actually a 12 year veteran of this bad video game company that has been producing shovelware and fleecing people of their money for the same period of time. Click the video I posted and check the credits.

I make fun of this game and the devs and the playerbase all the time. But I don't try to run a good dude who actually tries some outreach and news of this game to us and maybe even tries to let his bosses know wtf is up as opposed to them listening to NGNG who mostly just suck them off like they are a meth addicted 2 dollar hooker. ( Well NGNG is a whore but that's beside the point...)

Also maybe this over moderation here you speak of is perhaps more because people such as yourself can't behave in even a passably sensible manner. Not being a ragey weirdo is a good start. You might want to try it!

-------------------------------

But Greatbeer didn't XL engines have a god awful repair cost? I could have sworn they did and it made the things even assy than they already were for most IS builds?

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

hopterque posted:

Lead a coup against who exactly? Number 19 is a company man to the core, he's worked there for more than a decade. If someone was to lead a coup in PGI in the hopes of bringing about change he would be one of the people ousted.

You are a crazy person. Please quit being crazy. It's disturbing and while I do enjoy taking out my frustrations of life in general on the crazy joyless cumstains that comprise most of the Battletech fan base, you have reached a level where it's not funny, not sad, just COMPLETELY loving SCARY AND WEIRD.

Seriously dude. You are like three steps from pulling a Caro and flying to Vancouver talking about how Pgi won't take your puckins. Look what you have written the last few days. It's serious Looney Tunes poo poo.

• Locked thread