Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Post more, you boobers.

And someone buy HiipFire plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Post more, you boobers.

And someone buy HiipFire plat.
you post more

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guts says ##vote EXAKT Science toot toot mother trucker

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

oh dammit ignore that post it was supposed to go in the scumdoc.
look at this awkward post

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Allen Wren posted:

Not today!

Maybe if it was Payday 2 Mafia.

I kinda wanna do Payday 2 Mafia.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

I kinda wanna do Payday 2 Mafia.
Just play Payday 2 and it'd be more fun

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you are going to do that you might as well play a good video game instead as well

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I got a character from one of the weaker episodes I think

bowmore posted:

##vote bowmore

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

##vote bowmore
this is a weak post from weak things you weakling

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
So I don't have my role PM, but I can only assume I'm probably a cop, so I'm gonna preemptively vote EXAKT Science since I'd cop him cause he's always scum. Also I'm gonna preemptively vote him because why the gently caress not

##vote EXAKT Science
gg no re

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

bowmore posted:

guts says ##vote EXAKT Science toot toot mother trucker

thank you for joining the cause

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also please don't overanalyze this jokevote as some scumtell like last game OK THANK YOU GUYS

I DONT EVEN HAVE MY ROLE PM YET

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HiipFire posted:

thank you for joining the cause
:respek:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HiipFire posted:

also please don't overanalyze this jokevote as some scumtell like last game OK THANK YOU GUYS

I DONT EVEN HAVE MY ROLE PM YET

Eugh, this is bad.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Eugh, this is bad.
not even in a mafia way

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

are you capsaicin because if so I kind of remember you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quandary posted:

are you capsaicin because if so I kind of remember you

It's not, but Hi Quandary!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Also if you don't know who I am,

Hey I'm HiipFire, I'm relatively new here and I'm "literally 16 years old" as they say.

Also my prefered pronouns is he/him, though "it" works for me.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

HiipFire posted:

Hey I'm HiipFire, I'm relatively new here and I'm "literally 16 years old" as they say.

Wait are you literally 16 years old? Because if so stop playing mafia and start going to high school dances and flirting with girls goddamn you have your whole life in front of you dont waste it on mafia.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HiipFire posted:

Hey man, no worries, I used to play this game here when I was like 14. I was horrible. Hope you're better.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I watched the first two episodes, and I'm not particularly impressed. If this wasn't split into 1+2, 3+4 eetc I would have stopped at 1. 2 was a bit better, enough to make me give the next one a chance.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

I watched the first two episodes, and I'm not particularly impressed. If this wasn't split into 1+2, 3+4 eetc I would have stopped at 1. 2 was a bit better, enough to make me give the next one a chance.
I thought the first couple of episodes were the strongest, the pumpkin head one for instance.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The pumpkin heads are the only reason I'm checking the next one out. The story with Wirt and Greg is unengaging to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why on that website carpet link earlier do they link a bible video on episodes that haven't come out yet

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I already do all those things while also playing mafia

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ep 3 bad; Ep 4 only good at the end. It's stringing me along.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's not amazing but it's short and enjoyable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh the art reminds me of professor layton, i have been trying to figure out what it reminded me of

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah the art is probably the best part.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Confirming that I can't be bothered to follow through on my plan to roleplay as somberbrero and call exakt scum constantly.

In fact I'd much rather vote someone who is attacking exakt as scum:

bowmore posted:

Arguments from awkwardness are bad and dumb, there's nothing inherently scummy about awkwardness, it's frequently just a vague negative trait that can be applied to a lot of things without ever bothering to explain what's awkward or why being awkward is bad in context, it's a non-argument in my opinion when people have no actual justification to offer. Therefore pushing someone on this basis reflects much worse on the person doing the pushing as far as I'm concerned.

bowmore posted:

this is a weak post from weak things you weakling

As opposed to his super strong gut vote based on "awkwardness". ##vote bowmore

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Puntification posted:

Arguments from awkwardness are bad and dumb, there's nothing inherently scummy about awkwardness, it's frequently just a vague negative trait that can be applied to a lot of things without ever bothering to explain what's awkward or why being awkward is bad in context, it's a non-argument in my opinion when people have no actual justification to offer. Therefore pushing someone on this basis reflects much worse on the person doing the pushing as far as I'm concerned.
don't agree, plenty of scum have been pegged from awkward first couple of posts

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, there's a certain unnaturalness that comes off when people try to not give off tells or fit in.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

don't agree, plenty of scum have been pegged from awkward first couple of posts

And I've seen plenty of townies railroaded spuriously.

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, there's a certain unnaturalness that comes off when people try to not give off tells or fit in.

Some Town players are nervous about trying to fit in as well. I've seen EXAKT be scum in quite a few games but the most awkward I saw him play, he was the town cop. It's a bad metric.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Puntification posted:

And I've seen plenty of townies railroaded spuriously.
:shrug:

that's why you put pressure on them to see how they react

your hard defense of EXAKT stinks

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
STINKS!!!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Nothing's ever 100%.
It's a good enough place to start discussion.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

Nothing's ever 100%.
It's a good enough place to start discussion.

He gut voted him and then brought up how awkward that post is that's not discussion-starting that's a post-hoc justification for pushing his lynch and I find it more scummy than awkwardness. Also telling people that their responses either stink or is weak isn't really the behaviour of someone that is interested in discussion.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you are welcome to discuss anything

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Puntification posted:

He gut voted him and then brought up how awkward that post is that's not discussion-starting that's a post-hoc justification for pushing his lynch and I find it more scummy than awkwardness. Also telling people that their responses either stink or is weak isn't really the behaviour of someone that is interested in discussion.

It always annoys me when people vote first make cases later; like right after minutes/seconds after. It's not much of a tell to me, when it's immediate, but it always gets on my nerves. They were clearly thinking of it when it's posted literally right after, so why not just start with the reasoning first. It's more of when the reasoning comes well after, when people push them on it, that I'd consider it telling.

I am waiting to see how Exact responded to weigh in on Bowmore's vote.

Him saying your response stinks is a soft accusation in of itself too. His "weak" response reads like a joke response to a a joke vote.
I really think you're blowing things out of proportion. Purposely so. ##vote Puntification

Aside: I got to the end of it, yeah it's okay I suppose. 6/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm not killing Exact or Hiip based on those posts.

• Locked thread