Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Reaction?
im mad
im glad
im sad
im dad
View Results

• Locked thread
jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
hs about days old news events. What are your reactions that we will be returning to bad gbs on the 28th

Spanish Manlove posted:

Old GBS is returning Dec. 28th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
My shift is broken op

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i'll be leading the great exodus to pyf

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I'm working on my "Why I'm A Feminist" photograph in preparation.

Anyone that thinks that people who mutilate their genitals to fill the void in between their narcissism and self hatred are misguided, I'm calling for your blood. Fatwa, Jihad, all that poo poo.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 13, 2014

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'll be posting just like I regularly do.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

jalopybrown posted:

What are your reactions that we will be returning to bad gbs on the 28th

There never was a good gbs

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im writing a few pages of boilerplate text to add to all my emptyquotes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
im gay

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
What feeler thought this was a good idea?

Feeler being a person who feels things, like butts.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Skunkrocker posted:

There never was a good gbs

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

There have been so many GBS' that I don't know what this means

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Good.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

God Of Paradise posted:

I'm working on my "Why I'm A Feminist" photograph in preparation.

Anyone that thinks that people who mutilate their genitals to fill the void in between their narcissism and self hatred are misguided, I'm calling for your blood. Fatwa, Jihad, all that poo poo.
Good riddance.

Photosyphilis
Jul 17, 2014

Science rules!
Although the old news reel gbs was boring it kept me more up to date on current events than I had ever been. I vote functionality over form.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

jalopybrown posted:

hs about days old news events. What are your reactions that we will be returning to bad gbs on the 28th

In your post there, Franco's quote (I haven't looked at thread where he posted it) doesn't say which year. Are
you sure he was being serious when he said it, or perhaps setting up a dupe?

Don't forget a full date wasn't given during that whole "LF is returning on Tuesday" debacle.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

when the rules come back, i wont be missed

Photosyphilis posted:

Although the old news reel gbs was boring it kept me more up to date on current events than I had ever been. I vote functionality over form.

we really do need a new forum just for current events, called 'current events'. the d&d middle east thread when it was in old gbs was fantastic and now, its pretty gay.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Gunky Junket posted:

In your post there, Franco's quote (I haven't looked at thread where he posted it) doesn't say which year. Are
you sure he was being serious when he said it, or perhaps setting up a dupe?

Don't forget a full date wasn't given during that whole "LF is returning on Tuesday" debacle.

I'm sure he is serious, mr 'stein takes the QSC thread seriously and would not ruse in it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I really did't like Neu GBS at first when comedians were posting "n***er" over and over, but I really like what it has become. Makes sense that Manlove would do the opposite of good, tho.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i voted for "im sad" but i was sad anyway but then i really thought about it i dont think there is a place for me in new gbs. i think ill just die on purpose

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
CapsLock Functions As My Shift Key Is That AccepTable op I.I.I.

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 13, 2014

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

BeefThief posted:

we really do need a new forum just for current events, called 'current events'. the d&d middle east thread when it was in old gbs was fantastic and now, its pretty gay.

Then all GBS will have to hold on to is hellthread.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm so glad I can smugly lord my intelligence over you fuckers who don't realize the significance of that day and take me completely serious.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm so glad I can smugly lord my intelligence over you fuckers who don't realize the significance of that day and take me completely serious.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

The smartest people work for free on internet forums. You sure showed those plebs.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Demonachizer posted:

The smartest people work for free on internet forums. You sure showed those plebs.

good.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Spanish Manlove posted:

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

jalopybrown posted:

I'm sure he is serious, mr 'stein takes the QSC thread seriously and would not ruse in it.

Lol dammit! Spotted a new arrival to thread on the refresh, and had to edit out my hole post. Wouldn't work now.

Worst timing ever, Franco! =)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i thought in your relentless googling of inconsequential poo poo you would have figured it out

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Spanish Manlove posted:

i thought in your relentless googling of inconsequential poo poo you would have figured it out
Dance, puppet.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Under NO circumstances should the MENSA Troll respond to anybody's criticisms of him; he should instead continue to criticize everybody else and avoid engaging in a two-way conversation.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Demonachizer posted:

Under NO circumstances should the MENSA Troll respond to anybody's criticisms of him; he should instead continue to criticize everybody else and avoid engaging in a two-way conversation.

that would involve demeaning myself enough to talk to the people without $90 and proud parents

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I wish GBS well on that day.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I don't see what the big deal is.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Spanish Manlove posted:

that would involve demeaning myself enough to talk to the people without $90 and proud parents

Spanish Manlove's private memoirs posted:

Judging by the databases and agencies Cowens has queried over the past months, her private research involves bio-engineered microorganisms to become a real life anime, inertial containment for practical fusion, and subliminal dissemination of information through crew threads of various structures. She plans to save the forums, to protect it from itself. And her opinion of me is therefore unfavorable.

I've shown no interest in the affairs of the external world, and made no investigations for aiding the normals. Neither of us will be able to convert the other. I view the world as incidental to my aims, while she cannot allow someone with enhanced intelligence to work purely in self-interest. My plans for mind-computer links will have enormous repercussions for the world, provoking government or popular reactions that would interfere with her plans. As I am proverbially not part of the solution, I am part of the problem.

If we were members of a society of enhanced minds, the nature of human interaction would be of a different order. But in this society, we have unavoidably become juggernauts, by whose measure the actions of normals are inconsequential. Even if we were twelve thousand miles apart we couldn't ignore each other. A resolution is necessary.

Both of us have dispensed with several rounds of games. There are a thousand ways we could have attempted to kill the other, from painting neurotoxin laced-DMSO on a doorknob to ordering a surgical strike from a US Navy orbital laser platform. We both could have swept the physical area and darknet for each of the myriad possibilities beforehand, and set more traps for each other's sweeps. But neither of us has done any of that, has felt a need to check for those things. A simple infinite regression of second-guessing and double-thinking has dismissed those. What will be decisive are those preparations that we could not predict.

The taxi stops; I pay the driver and walk up to the apartment building. The electric lock on the door opens for me. I take off my coat and climb four flights...

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
The big deal is that Franco is tormenting innocent gibbrs in a wholey unsatisfactory manner. It's just wrong!

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
It's a Christmas miracle, the gas chamber will grow 3 sizes that day

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
im a gibbr

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
hmm where should i poo poo post in the coming new year

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Franco might be backing down from this decision by pretending its part of some obscure Spanish holiday but we all know deep down I saved this gbs iteration by rallying the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Does this mean there will be threads where we can't laugh at things and posters again

• Locked thread