Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The VOB files are just MEPG2 streams and should import no problem. Did you try renaming those files to .MPG and importing them in one by one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He said nothing of renaming the VOB files.

Also dumping a DVD should net you .VOB, .IFO and .BUP files. Not sure where the M2V file is coming from. If the DVD is NOT encrypted(most likely it's not) simply copying and importing the VOB files should work no problem.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Minidust posted:

I've tried this - I can import the renamed file, but when I add it to the timeline I get audio only (and just the first 30 seconds).
When I demuxed this is what I got:

Windows Movie Maker supports VOB files. Try using a different program to RIP the DVD (something that doesn't alter the files at all) or simply just copying the VOB files from the DVD if it's not encrypted. Try DVD Decrypter @ http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Minidust posted:

Yeah, I did copy my VOB files directly from the DVD. Are you sure you're not thinking of Windows Live Movie Maker? That one takes my VOB files, although it gets all weird with the time if I don't convert the file first. Like, the progress bar always appears to be 30 seconds, but if you click around and manually advance you can view past it.

Curse Microsoft and their silly named programs :P

Try converting the VOB files to WMV (If Movie Maker doesn't import this there's a bigger issue at play) using this: http://www.pcfreetime.com That program was recommend on the MS answer forums but use at your own risk and all that.

• Locked thread