Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
I realize this is a stupid question but what is your end goal here? What is on this DVD and where are you trying to play the resulting file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

It's an amateur DVD of an indy wrestling show I was in. Trying to pull my match out of it and post it on YouTube.
If it's not encrypted, you should just use something like VirtualDub. You set your cut in point, your cut out point, set it to Stream Copy so there's not encoding (just cutting), and BAM, you're done.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

Sounds promising. Any sort of fade in/out options? If not, I can live without it.
I'm sure there are ways, but I've never done editing that "in depth" so I'm not sure what those ways would be. Google "virtualdub fade in out" and you'll probably find a tutorial.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Stanley Pain posted:

The VOB files are just MEPG2 streams and should import no problem. Did you try renaming those files to .MPG and importing them in one by one?

Minidust posted:

I tried just renaming to the M2V file to MPG and MPEG, and WMM seemed to think it could import them (there was't a "no" symbol when I dragged it over), but I got an error message.

• Locked thread