Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Torka posted:

haven't seen it but I kinda liked what he had to say about it

"But to be honest, what is Germany doing? If you make a Sophie Scholl movie or an Anne Frank movie, you get subsidies, you get into the Berlin Film Festival because everybody's happy that you're showing that there were Germans in the resistance. But that is bullshit! The reality is that everybody went with it. Only 40 percent voted for Hitler, but then 90 percent went with it and didn't question why Jews were getting deported. And after the war they said they thought the Jews were in working camps or being sent to the front line. Everybody had an excuse. And if you make a movie now you only get support if you show Germany in a positive light. "

Yeah I've actually seen that film and honestly, it's not bad. It's over the top at times, but considering the poo poo that is on the historical record on what happened in the holocaust the over the top poo poo isn't that over the top. The film has pacing problems, and lacks any meaningful plot, but it was actually kind of refreshing. I've seen so many movies that deal with the holocaust which allude to the atrocities or try and humanize certain Nazis that it was refreshing to see a movie where it was "yes these people are loving evil, this is how loving twisted we became towards the end of the war." None of the Schindler List gas chamber is really a shower fake out, no humor like in Life is Beautiful, just an examination of how far down the dark path humans can really go.

Uwe Boll is a lovely person, and he's made a ton of movies which are just garbage, and really this movie suffered from his poor direction. However I'm glad it was made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread