Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

gorillas are cooler than chimps, i also think it would be less painful and humiliating to be mauled by a gorilla, like a cleaner kill. discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Drink Cheerwine posted:

hmmm.. gonna ask my doctor about ligament readjustment surgery. maybe it's too late for me, but my son will thank me later.
There was a rumor that Russian Olympic weightlifter Vasily Alexeyev had this done when he had a torn hamstring repaired.

80 World records.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think people realize how freaking massive gorillas are.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

10x strength to weight and so on.

6'8" 450lb Brian Shaw, two-time winner of The World's Strongest Man, lifting 1100lbs+.

Now imagine a barbell with ten times as much weight.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vs.

Sorry Brock, but how do you put an armbar on something with 30" forearms?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Adorable.

Here's a gorilla ripping a banana tree in half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4amRA0jl0qI&t=40s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlazingSun posted:

they try to but then they end up getting shot in Ferguson.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, gorillas have that thick brow ridge protecting their eyes.
No way could someone punch this hard enough to do any damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

I really, really want to see a human get in to a legit fight with a gorilla, no tools allowed 1v1.

Do we get to pick which human?
I'd go for Mills Darden, a 7'6" farmer who weighed around 1000-1100 lbs. Maybe he could smother the gorilla by falling on it.

• Locked thread