Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SIT OR START
Marquess Wilson
Martavius Bryant
Martellus Bennet
Markus Wheaton
View Results

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm like the Peyton Manning of Fantasy Football - sick regular season numbers, iffy/terrible playoff numbers. Unlike Peyton, I've never won a title.

But since my curse has been broken, I've gotten super lucky and won 2 playoff games I should have lost
and now play for my league's title, and 1000 in cash, this week. So excited!

I'm heavily favored as of today, but those fantasy projections mean only so much. The real game starts Thursday.

Are you still alive? If so, celebrate our Fantasy awesomeness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish you luck in your D&D/warhammer competition for office drones.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Really productive points players are ussually on teams that are already in the playoffs so people who got lucky picks ussually still have players on teams that are still competing, :shrug:

My team the Boston Beavers only won once...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

Really productive points players are ussually on teams that are already in the playoffs so people who got lucky picks ussually still have players on teams that are still competing, :shrug:

My team the Boston Beavers only won once...

One generally useful fantasy strategy is to target players from teams that score a lot of points.

For example, if you think Green Bay is awesome, going Rodgers-Nelson-Cobb-Lacy is a bold and points worthy strategy.

But it can burn you with a bad game.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Let me tell you about this championship level team that only exists as a figment: their might is unmatched.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rando posted:

Let me tell you about this championship level team that only exists as a figment: their might is unmatched.

It might be quite easy to stack your team with players from the same team if you so desired on draft day.

Why not draft Packers? Patriots? Broncos? They're all almost guaranteed to score lots of points.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
My opponent has demarco Murray and is convinced he's going to play Sunday

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

My opponent has demarco Murray and is convinced he's going to play Sunday

I think Murray will play but I just picked up his backup in case he doesn't.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

I'm surprised he made it this long, they've been riding him hard and putting him up wet every week

E: indy's poo poo against the run so his handcuff will prob do fine

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 17, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

I'm surprised he made it this long, they've been riding him hard and putting him up wet every week

Contract year.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

It has come to my attention that there has been a rash of people posting about their dumb fantasy teams in GBS. This is very annoying! I know you think that the rest of the world really cares about what your fourth string wide receiver did this week, but they actually don't. At all. In fact there are few things in the world LESS interesting than someone else's fantasy team. Please do not post about it here in the future.

If you still cannot resist posting about your fantasy teams, you are more welcome to take such discussion to our gaming/fantasy forum The Armchair Quarterback: Fantasy Playoffs!

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 17, 2014

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

My fantasy football team is called "Baeton Manning." I have had sex with a woman

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

a real jerk posted:

It has come to my attention that there has been a rash of people posting about their dumb fantasy teams in GBS. This is very annoying! I know you think that the rest of the world really cares about what your fourth string wide receiver did this week, but they actually don't. At all. In fact there are few things in the world LESS interesting than someone else's fantasy team. Please do not post about it here in the future.

If you still cannot resist posting about your fantasy teams, you are more welcome to take such discussion to our gaming/fantasy forum, The Armchair Quarterback: Fantasy Playoffs!

you sound like one of the bitches i took 100bux from

Cosmos
Jan 8, 2006

All that is or was or ever will be
I just took a big fart and poo poo. Jk it's just fantasy I'll hang up and listen

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cosmos posted:

I just took a big fart and poo poo. Jk it's just fantasy I'll hang up and listen

Rack him.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

It might be quite easy to stack your team with players from the same team if you so desired on draft day.

Why not draft Packers? Patriots? Broncos? They're all almost guaranteed to score lots of points.

and I'm just saying that elves + dwarves is mighty as the will of the Old Ones.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

peyton manning? is that the army soldier who transgendered himself into a woman?

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

peyton manning? is that the army soldier who transgendered himself into a woman?

I think so... he leaked some of the wikileaks

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i bet its hard for him to take a "wikileak" with his new mangina lmao

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rando posted:

I wish you luck in your D&D/warhammer competition for office drones.

pretend football with actual miniatures is infinitely more entertaining than what redshirt is doing. Proof:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
one of the dudes who invented fantasy baseball has been playing for like thirty years and never won

are you him, redshirt? are you him?

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

proof of concept posted:

pretend football with actual miniatures is infinitely more entertaining than what redshirt is doing. Proof:

this guy fascinating, whats his story

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he is Death, the god of death
he was in a band once

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nomadologique posted:

one of the dudes who invented fantasy baseball has been playing for like thirty years and never won

are you him, redshirt? are you him?

Maybe!

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Go Dallas Sparkle and Miami Koalas! Man I love me some hand-egg/stick-ball/jump-hoop.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

spud posted:

Go Dallas Sparkle and Miami Koalas! Man I love me some hand-egg/stick-ball/jump-hoop.

LOL those aren't actual teams OR sports names

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Redshirt who are your sleeper picks for this week, any positions

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

Redshirt who are your sleeper picks for this week, any positions

How deep a sleeper are you talking about? I've been researching the dregs of the league.

For example, noted white receiver Cole Beasley for Dallas.

I'm trying to prepare for the possibility that TY Hilton doesn't play, and if I'm not smart, I get caught with having no one play since its a Sunday 4:20 game.

Don't forget there's two games on Saturday this week.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

redshirt posted:

How deep a sleeper are you talking about? I've been researching the dregs of the league.

For example, noted white receiver Cole Beasley for Dallas.

I'm trying to prepare for the possibility that TY Hilton doesn't play, and if I'm not smart, I get caught with having no one play since its a Sunday 4:20 game.

Don't forget there's two games on Saturday this week.

Cole Beasley would be an interesting sleeper and also belongs in the GBS gross dudes w long hair thread :barf:

i picked the denver kicker last week as my sleeper cause manning's balls kept looking wobblier every week

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

redshirt posted:

Rack him.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

Cole Beasley would be an interesting sleeper and also belongs in the GBS gross dudes w long hair thread :barf:

i picked the denver kicker last week as my sleeper cause manning's balls kept looking wobblier every week

I picked up the Denver kicker 3 weeks ago and it's been good.

Desperation sleeper with possible big upside and big downside is Chicago WR Marquess Wilson.

But I don't know if you can trust any Bears.

Pick up Joseph Randle and Kniles Davis as possible fills in for Murray/Charles.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

redshirt posted:

I picked up the Denver kicker 3 weeks ago and it's been good.

Desperation sleeper with possible big upside and big downside is Chicago WR Marquess Wilson.

But I don't know if you can trust any Bears.

Pick up Joseph Randle and Kniles Davis as possible fills in for Murray/Charles.
the bears are such a dumpster fire right now, until last week i don't recall ever seeing a WR getting called for offsides, much less two of them in the same game. i got super lucky w Alshon Jeffery's late TD but this week i think i'll take a chance on Harry Douglas instead.

My opponent already got Randle but i got Davis and Hyde :ohdear:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Toby Gerhart

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

the bears are such a dumpster fire right now, until last week i don't recall ever seeing a WR getting called for offsides, much less two of them in the same game. i got super lucky w Alshon Jeffery's late TD but this week i think i'll take a chance on Harry Douglas instead.

My opponent already got Randle but i got Davis and Hyde :ohdear:

Hell yeah on Douglas if he's available. Though I see he didn't practice today so check the injury.

Another possible sleeper is Marques Colston - most people gave up on him halfway through the season, but he's had like 4 good games in a row and one assumes New Orleans - Atlanta will be high scoring.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

Toby Gerhart

Yep.

Thursday game so act quickly.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

actually thinking about starting titans defense

probably wont, but thinking about it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

poo poo sandwich. I'd play the Jags defense over the Titans. But I'd play neither, really.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

whoflungpoop posted:

bad defenses dont become good while playing bad teams

*titans get four picks tonight*

*curse the fantasy gods*

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Daedra posted:

bad defenses dont become good while playing bad teams

*titans get four picks tonight*

*curse the fantasy gods*

thursday night games are great for fantasy football illogic tho, but only the right kind of illogic, which i have determined to be _____

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

thursday night games are great for fantasy football illogic tho, but only the right kind of illogic, which i have determined to be _____

Titans are starting Whitehurst and Jags actually have an OK defense of late. If you're trying for illogic, go Jags!

• Locked thread