Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SIT OR START
Marquess Wilson
Martavius Bryant
Martellus Bennet
Markus Wheaton
View Results

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm like the Peyton Manning of Fantasy Football - sick regular season numbers, iffy/terrible playoff numbers. Unlike Peyton, I've never won a title.

But since my curse has been broken, I've gotten super lucky and won 2 playoff games I should have lost
and now play for my league's title, and 1000 in cash, this week. So excited!

I'm heavily favored as of today, but those fantasy projections mean only so much. The real game starts Thursday.

Are you still alive? If so, celebrate our Fantasy awesomeness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

Really productive points players are ussually on teams that are already in the playoffs so people who got lucky picks ussually still have players on teams that are still competing, :shrug:

My team the Boston Beavers only won once...

One generally useful fantasy strategy is to target players from teams that score a lot of points.

For example, if you think Green Bay is awesome, going Rodgers-Nelson-Cobb-Lacy is a bold and points worthy strategy.

But it can burn you with a bad game.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rando posted:

Let me tell you about this championship level team that only exists as a figment: their might is unmatched.

It might be quite easy to stack your team with players from the same team if you so desired on draft day.

Why not draft Packers? Patriots? Broncos? They're all almost guaranteed to score lots of points.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

My opponent has demarco Murray and is convinced he's going to play Sunday

I think Murray will play but I just picked up his backup in case he doesn't.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

I'm surprised he made it this long, they've been riding him hard and putting him up wet every week

Contract year.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cosmos posted:

I just took a big fart and poo poo. Jk it's just fantasy I'll hang up and listen

Rack him.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nomadologique posted:

one of the dudes who invented fantasy baseball has been playing for like thirty years and never won

are you him, redshirt? are you him?

Maybe!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

Redshirt who are your sleeper picks for this week, any positions

How deep a sleeper are you talking about? I've been researching the dregs of the league.

For example, noted white receiver Cole Beasley for Dallas.

I'm trying to prepare for the possibility that TY Hilton doesn't play, and if I'm not smart, I get caught with having no one play since its a Sunday 4:20 game.

Don't forget there's two games on Saturday this week.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

Cole Beasley would be an interesting sleeper and also belongs in the GBS gross dudes w long hair thread :barf:

i picked the denver kicker last week as my sleeper cause manning's balls kept looking wobblier every week

I picked up the Denver kicker 3 weeks ago and it's been good.

Desperation sleeper with possible big upside and big downside is Chicago WR Marquess Wilson.

But I don't know if you can trust any Bears.

Pick up Joseph Randle and Kniles Davis as possible fills in for Murray/Charles.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

the bears are such a dumpster fire right now, until last week i don't recall ever seeing a WR getting called for offsides, much less two of them in the same game. i got super lucky w Alshon Jeffery's late TD but this week i think i'll take a chance on Harry Douglas instead.

My opponent already got Randle but i got Davis and Hyde :ohdear:

Hell yeah on Douglas if he's available. Though I see he didn't practice today so check the injury.

Another possible sleeper is Marques Colston - most people gave up on him halfway through the season, but he's had like 4 good games in a row and one assumes New Orleans - Atlanta will be high scoring.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

Toby Gerhart

Yep.

Thursday game so act quickly.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

actually thinking about starting titans defense

probably wont, but thinking about it

poo poo sandwich. I'd play the Jags defense over the Titans. But I'd play neither, really.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

thursday night games are great for fantasy football illogic tho, but only the right kind of illogic, which i have determined to be _____

Titans are starting Whitehurst and Jags actually have an OK defense of late. If you're trying for illogic, go Jags!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

my real defense dilemma is Eagles (v wash) or Packers (v Jax lol)

Packers are playing Bucs.

I'd choose the Eagles D. RG3 is a turnover machine.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

yeah sorry i meant bucs, my brain is full of gently caress atm

Packers D is poo poo. Bucs will probably light them up.

RG3 gets sacked all the time too. Roll with them Eagles.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd like opinions on the following theory: That given two equal players, it's better to choose the player who's on the same team as your opponents QB.

Example: Your opponent has Tom Brady. You have a WR choice of Julian Edelman or Kenny Stills. Edelman is the better play because every point he scores not only negates Brady's points, but actually gives you a positive margin.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wizzle-Wazzle posted:

aaron rodgers is a loving rear end hole.

He's gay.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good luck to all my fellow championship contenders. Hope we all win.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm getting more nervous with each passing day. Injuries on my team, plus my opponent has Matt Forte, and now that the Bears have benched Cutler, one assumes they're gonna run Forte heavily.

And some clone replaced Shady and he kind of stinks these days.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

what team has the most skulls in it?

Mine will most likely.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bollig posted:

My first time in the championship. poo poo's dope. For like the third year in a row I've gotten like the 2nd-3rd highest points during the season, but then come in like 5th or 6th. My chance to win it all mang.

Cool. Got any tough decisions?

My team is falling apart. TY Hilton did not practice again today. I've made my backup plan, but it's not good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Check your lineups future champs! Thursday Night Football starts now!

TENNESSEE TITANS!!

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS!!

Let's get this party started!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gerhart of course with 10 points so far.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

Classic Gerhart

Indeed. I bet he'll get another 6-8 points for an impressive performance, because, why wouldn't he?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can predict the future, but only in a negative way for myself and my Fantasy game.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good news, goons! Even though I turned in another clunker, my opponent did worse.

I'm down 4.5 points and I've got Denver's kicker going tonight. Odds are in my favor, though of course anything could happen.

How did you other Goon champs do?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Welp.

It's tough, because in real football terms I'd like to see the Broncos lose.

In Fantasy Football terms, I need freaking 4 points from the Denver kicker. C'mon, man!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol.

I'm down by .5 and am rooting for the Bengals.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

D&D for football nerds

Indeed.

Still down .5. 2 minutes left...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm going to lose by .5.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LOL I Lose by .5

I'm waiting for a scoring change on Tuesday or Wednesday awarding the patriots a blocked kick and me a victory.

Did not Vince Wilfork block a kick?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol I lost by .5

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

I'm sorry :smith:

:ducksiren:But I won, thank you mr hill.

I'm serious about macys tho, you wanna come with? I'll buy yuo a nice shirt

My curse remains.

That said, I'm hoping for a one point stat correction for the Patriots defense - they blocked a field goal at the end of the game, but weren't given a point.

If it happens, it will be cruel, and unusual.

Also, snowed in. Sorry, can't come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

oooooh a stat correction victory is still a victory. i'll be rooting for you~

E: also my last league finishes up this week, but it's one that i wished i hadn't joined cause it's all full of turbonerds who do a lot of research and poo poo, also known as better players than me.

i'm competing for my entry fee back, aka the Toilet Bowl :toot:

And it happened - a 1 point stat correction and I am now the Fantasy Champion with a .5 victory.

That was a 600 dollar stat change fwiw.

• Locked thread