Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Season 2, you jolly assholes. In Season 1, the J-E-T-S won the Super Bowl, Geno Smith was the MVP, and Rex Ryan is still gainfully employed.

Now that goons got shithoused by the Jets in the playoffs, time for a season to get Rex fired!

League Info provided via PSN message to Dubious, Provide your PSN for an invite.

Season 1 fun times:

"Threw Controller. Broke Right Stick. Have Fun."
"loving CPU games!!!! *3 sim losses eliminate a playoff team*
JFF is 99 OVR after one season.
4 teams ditch their lovely cities, half of the NFC North moves to London, bickers over Wembley room.
Geno loving Smith is the Super Bowl MVP.

Da Rules

* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with accelerated clock.
* Everyone must be an owner. You can choose an existing owner, or create McFart FuckHell for all I care.
* Please try to limit cheese play. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sportsmen in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, questionable lineups, ie speed WRs as TE, abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.) Running up the score aggressively on users is frowned upon.
* Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next pre-season. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.
* No position changing your Franchise QB into a punter to cheap out on contracts. This may not be a possibility but with unlimited position changes it may actually be. We wont know until it launches.

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W, but please don't restart just to pad stats/avoid injuries. If you blow them out, that's fine, but let's not restart 8 times to get your QB 900 yards. that happens once we hit Season 3 or 4 anyway as people have fun to stay interested. Jake Locker, 12 TD champ

Trades
Trades are a difficult beast to manage. There was a lot of bad vibes over CPU trades last year from nearly the entire league due to 90% of the league abusing it in hilarious fashion. With the introduction of completely randomized draft classes, draft pick hoarding won't be as broken as in previous generations, so there should be less incentive to abuse trades.

For Offseason only I have enabled CPU trading for the sole reason that alot of teams don't have dick for spending money because EA felt it good to nerf cash generation. There are a couple caveats to this:

1. NO dumping old vets for 1st rounders. This doesn't happen in the NFL, and we're not bringing back my memories of that loving Herschel Walker trade.
2. NO signing guys off the FA pool after the season starts and flipping for picks. This also doesn't happen in the NFL.
3. Be reasonable - I don't want to see someone end up with 6 of the top 40 picks.
4. If you go after a pretty decent player from the CPU, it's going to cost you pretty much your entire draft for two years. Be smart if you need to make an improvement.

I absolutely will remove people who abuse this privilege; that said, with this group of guys, I don't expect there to be any problems. I enabled it to help a few teams that can't do anything with FA. Also remember, when you trade guys who have signing bonuses, it can seriously gently caress with your salary cap as you eat the full amount of any remaining bonus against your cap that year.

Team Priority
All open teams are fair game. We've had people rage quit and burn out, and all inactives are now purged. Plenty of open teams, some really good. Come play internet football with goons and draft busts every offseason with us.

If there are disputes, please work these out amongst each other. If you are not returning to a team, please post. With 32 teams, everyone should get a team that can play to their preference, and it's never guaranteed everyone will play beyond a season so some teams can and do open back up.

Schedule:
The league will advance every 2-3 days, or when all User Games are in. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with 3 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then he has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
PSN: Havoc904
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact:

New York Giants -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

Washington Football Team-
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons - leonlai86
PSN: llai86
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers - waah
PSN: pdubb2k
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints -
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
London Bulldogs - ForbiddenWonder
PSN: Tpotts87
Alt contact:

London Vikings -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions - Yuzenn
PSN: mdubb394
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears - ShortThug
PSN: ShortThug
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - Fluo
PSN: Fluoes
Alt contact:

Brooklyn Barons -human being Guy
PSN: TheNardPuppy
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills - fluffdaddy
PSN: fluffdaddy10
Alt contact:

New York Jets - The Piper
PSN: nastyniss
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Texans - thompson
PSN: brb_alcohol
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - Rad Valtar
PSN: Rad_Valtar
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns - davecrazy
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'm not too mad about my 6"7 superstar developmental TE now btw.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:siren:Season 2 Week 1

MATCHUPS

Dubious @ CPU Saints
CPU Niners @ Yuzenn
Paperback @ The Piper
Dave @ CPU Ravens
CPU Desperados @ Waah
Havoc @ FG
CPU Giants @ fluo
FW @ CPU Cards
Rad Valtar @ CPU Bengals
CPU Vikings @ ShortThug
thompson @ CPU Chargers

Advance probably Sunday, maybe Saturday!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
You forgot to mention that Mike Pettine won coach of the year, made it to the AFC Championship game and was subsequently fired.

Browns revamped defense shut down the CPU Ravens. My new LE and DT was in the backfield all game. Feeling pretty good about how my total defensive rebuild turned out.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 18, 2014

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Lacy rushes 123 with a score and Darman makes his introduction with 14 catches for 182 and a TD. Bulldogs easily handle Arizona.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I was sure Harbaugh was fired last season, should have came to Oakland.

Piper let's set our match for 9pm PST tonight?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

:siren:Season 2 Week 1

MATCHUPS

Dubious @ CPU Saints
CPU Niners @ Yuzenn
Paperback @ The Piper
Dave @ CPU Ravens
CPU Desperados @ Waah
Havoc @ FG
CPU Giants @ fluo
FW @ CPU Cards
Rad Valtar @ CPU Bengals
CPU Vikings @ ShortThug
thompson @ CPU Chargers

Advance probably Sunday, maybe Saturday!

Oh Harbaugh, it's going to be a rough beginning to your season.....

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Havoc when you wanna play?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I'm not too mad about my 6"7 superstar developmental TE now btw.

That RE you got is a monster edge rushing 4-3 guy. 84 speed 84 finesse move. 84 persuit.

The computer drafted you two 80 OVR rookies and that 77 OVR TE is no slouch either.

You might want to cut Rich Rodgers for a run blocking TE. You have two good rookie pass catchers and a 3rd who can't run block and is a mediocre receiver.

E: looking through again Jets and Cowboys probably had the worst drafts.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 18, 2014

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Paperback Writer posted:

Piper let's set our match for 9pm PST tonight?

That's going to be too late for me. Plus I have my company holiday party tonight. How does your Friday night look?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Working at 11pm so pretty much the same. Can start around 6:30-9 PST.

and what the hell, pretty sure I offered Maxwell 35 for 4 years yet he's making like 10 this year and 16 in 4... that doesn't sound right. Oh well. DJ Hayden and my rookie might even turn out to be better too.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 18, 2014

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

Working at 11pm so pretty much the same. Can start around 6:30-9 PST.

Lets's aim for 7pm PST/ 10pm EST Friday night.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Eagles take care of business in the bayou and mop up the Saints 42-21.

Jordan Matthews is real good, and Shady is an amazing runner. Old man Vick runs in 3 in the red zone easily when no one can get open.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

davecrazy posted:

That RE you got is a monster edge rushing 4-3 guy. 84 speed 84 finesse move. 84 persuit.

The computer drafted you two 80 OVR rookies and that 77 OVR TE is no slouch either.

You might want to cut Rich Rodgers for a run blocking TE. You have two good rookie pass catchers and a 3rd who can't run block and is a mediocre receiver.

E: looking through again Jets and Cowboys probably had the worst drafts.

Well the Jets did get an 85 ovr corner for their 1st rounder.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
My draft has to be down there, I got 2 usable players out of 9 selections, and the CB is raw. The rest is all scrub depth.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

thompson posted:

Well the Jets did get an 85 ovr corner for their 1st rounder.

I must of missed that one when I was going through. In that case its hands down the cowboys.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

davecrazy posted:

I must of missed that one when I was going through. In that case its hands down the cowboys.

I traded my first rounder, 32nd overall, to Thompson for a 85 OVR corner, Sean Smith. Aside from that, yeah my draft kinda sucked.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

I traded my first rounder, 32nd overall, to Thompson for a 85 OVR corner, Sean Smith. Aside from that, yeah my draft kinda sucked.

That corner is amazing Piper. I mean that trade really worked out for both of us I think. The dude is an amazing punt/kick returner with 97 speed and good coverage skills.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Really liking the potential of this team. Should get a playoff spot since i have like 10 CPU games.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

human being Guy posted:

Havoc when you wanna play?

I should be around this evening. If not, then I will be around Friday evening and don't have much of a schedule for the weekend as well.

davecrazy posted:

Are you saying my strategy of drafting cool names and then falling asleep with my vita in my hands after the third round is a bust??? I was aiming to be the Jerry Jones of this league, but I am quickly becoming the Al Davis.

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 18, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I was aiming to be the Jerry Jones of this league, but I am quickly becoming the Al Davis.

To be fair in TYOOL 2014, is there really any difference?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Havoc904 posted:

I should be around this evening. If not, then I will be around Friday evening and don't have much of a schedule for the weekend as well.

Are you saying my strategy of drafting cool names and then following asleep with my vita in my hands after the third round is a bust??? I was aiming to be the Jerry Jones of this league, but I am quickly becoming the Al Davis.

We wondered why you were taking so long to draft after the 4th round.

Also in my preseason game Big Ben looked like poo poo. Like throwing 10 yards over open Recievers levels of bad. He regressed a bit but I didn't think it would be that bad. Everyone knows Bell is getting the ball so my offense might be really bad this season.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

Also in my preseason game Big Ben looked like poo poo. Like throwing 10 yards over open Recievers levels of bad. He regressed a bit but I didn't think it would be that bad. Everyone knows Bell is getting the ball so my offense might be really bad this season.

:hfive: old QB buddy. My QB play will be either ok, or absolute hilarity this season with Vick's accuracy.

My first Madden Moment of the season was In my game yesterday. I sent Matthews on a 20 yard dig route, and he was wide open by about 8 yards, so i rifled a bullet his way, and it was picked off...by my TE who made a superman 6 foot vertical to snag it about 5 yards off the LOS....and fumbled it away on his landing. :wtc:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Tough bar to live up to considering Dan Snyder is RL Dan Snyder in this league.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I am pretty happy with my offseason. Despite dumping giant cash trucks on Cam's door I think I shored up all of of my team in a pretty smart way. My rookie LT is already miles better than last year, my line should be mostly average. I have the replacements for DeAngelo and J Stew. My free agent safety changes my back end defense completely, and my DT free agent signing should make my 5-2 defense completely terrifying with Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson, Kawaan Short, Star Lotuleileu, and Ahytuh Rubin on the line with Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly as linebackers.

My receiving corps is mediocre, but the biggest difference is that I have some speed now. Seriously, the default Carolina WR corps is molasses slow. Picked up lots of depth to get me to 53 man roster, though its still a little tinkering that needs to happen and I already know what needs to be drafted next year. I seriously am really excited to play my first game against the Desperados.

Edit: I really wanted to splurge for Dareus, but Cam said you better pay me.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Christ. I cut my kicker to try to sign one. Now the game won't let me because I have $0. I'm hosed.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

Christ. I cut my kicker to try to sign one. Now the game won't let me because I have $0. I'm hosed.

punters can kick just fine! Some people actually do that to save money.

kickers cannot punt, do not do that. I failed that experiment in M25.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

My lowest defensive back in the nickel is 84, and Clinton-Dix is 94 already. I better be near the lead in INTs.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

ForbiddenWonder posted:

My lowest defensive back in the nickel is 84, and Clinton-Dix is 94 already. I better be near the lead in INTs.

you're trying to shop Hyde, right? I could use a safety. Do you want a linebacker? Because I have one too many starting linebackers (all over 83 OVR)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Uh... holy poo poo have you guys looked at the Desperados roster? I am real glad its not a user team. j
JFC the only hole is at QB.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah there are some stacked CPU teams that a user could come right in and be a problem.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

The Piper posted:

you're trying to shop Hyde, right? I could use a safety. Do you want a linebacker? Because I have one too many starting linebackers (all over 83 OVR)

I'd rather move Burnett but yeah make me an offer. Hyde is pretty valuable to me with his low cost.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

davecrazy posted:

Yeah there are some stacked CPU teams that a user could come right in and be a problem.

Its gonna be all the teams people rage quit on last season isnt it?

I know the Bucs are one of those teams.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The Bucs/Desperados have a lot of talent but also a weak o-line and a mediocre QB.

But somebody who knows what they're doing can make it work.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

davecrazy posted:

The Bucs/Desperados have a lot of talent but also a weak o-line and a mediocre QB.

But somebody who knows what they're doing can make it work.

Nah their o-line is decent. CPU went all in to get Nate Solder so they have two very good left tackles. Their guards are weak, but I am gonna guess the back lt gets moved to a guard spot.

But yeah when i look at it, they are really not built to defend against pass rush up the middle, so this might be hilarious when i play them. Either way, they dont have the worst line in the division, but thats not saying much lol nfc south.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

BTW, if you don't edit your rookies to have single bar facemasks you're dead to me.

I also made all my drafted players have long sleeves, cause I think it's idiotic to have bare arms in 15 degree weather.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Uh, if you guys need an extra, I'll take the Seahawks.

PSN: Shadwhand
Alt. Contact: PM me.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I sent you a PM with the league name and password. Sign on up.

The Seahawks had a great draft and already have a stacked team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

nevermind

• Locked thread