Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I think I might baptism by fire my rookie 67 ovr qb for the next 8 weeks. I guess this is a luxury of playing in a division with no actual players in it. It seems as good idea as any with my shitshow that I let myself get into. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

I think I might baptism by fire my rookie 67 ovr qb for the next 8 weeks. I guess this is a luxury of playing in a division with no actual players in it. It seems as good idea as any with my shitshow that I let myself get into. :D

do it, Adrian Moon is a 92 OVR already after one game. Drafted at a 78. :getin:

Superstar QBs own, it only costs 5k xp per throw power upgrade. 99 THP here i come

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Adrian Moon... and you're a Vikes fan right? Heh

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dubious posted:

do it, Adrian Moon is a 92 OVR already after one game. Drafted at a 78. :getin:

Superstar QBs own, it only costs 5k xp per throw power upgrade. 99 THP here i come

He has mid/high 80s in power it's just the accuracy. I just don't have any other options. Josh is eroding now that he's 30 and he wasn't very good to start.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

thompson posted:

My rookie QB is being thrown to the wolves with 9 user games this year. After the abomination of the first game against Havoc I don't have much optimism this year.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Rad Valtar posted:

My rookie QB is being thrown to the wolves with 9 user games this year. After the abomination of the first game against Havoc I don't have much optimism this year.

Learning the directional throwing will help a ton with him. It is amazing how much more precise your passes will be when you are leading the pass with the left stick.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants go 0-16 for the second straight season. Their team is a dumpster fire that can't do anything. My rookie just set the touchdown passes in a game record while mainly riding the running game for the entire game.

Looks like the league will quickly be taken over by rookie quarterbacks quickly developing into gods.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Awareness and confidence is all you need for QBs. As long as his raw physical stats are ok.

BTW, I have multiple CPU offers of Johnny Football on the table.

I actaully tried to trade him to the Rams(Blues) for their 99 OVR RE, but they wouldn't bite, even when I threw in a 1st rounder. Then then offer me their 1st rounder for Manziel.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
So Geno Smith won a Super Bowl and then had an undefeated regular season and is a 84 OVR while Dubious' rookie is a 90+ OVR before playing a single game.

Stat cheesing the CPU is lame. Superstar development is also lame.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

So Geno Smith won a Super Bowl and then had an undefeated regular season and is a 84 OVR while Dubious' rookie is a 90+ OVR before playing a single game.

You're a super bowl winner dude Dubious hasn't even made the playoffs. I think it's kind of cool that icons come out of nowhere, even if they're not my own.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
You can draft based on development, it just expensive to scout.

Jean I absolutely stumbled into. I had a high 1st rounder that I didn't even know about and had scouted zero at the top of the draft. The top prospects were both WRs and the CPU took the 1st guy. I took the 2nd. He turned out to be one of the most broken players the madden 15 random number generator has made. Once I had him not like i wasn't going to throw to him.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 23, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't ever made the playoffs in this league, after posting two winning seasons. I'll absolutely dump on the CPU and get bounced in the first round if I make the playoffs, my D against users in this league is absolute garbage. You all can keep winning super bowls.

And to be fair here, i went from 78 to 90 ovr off the preseason game prep exclusively getting poured into my qb, ignoring confidence on my squad. I didn't cheese him to get his stats where they are.

E: and the giants and big stats; that team is a loving dumpster fire. I scored all my points taking what they gave me. They can't stop a wet noodle, and i was chewing clock half the game.

You guys have never seen a bad cpu team until you play the giants. They are incapable of doing anything except passing short, and not scoring. I'd feel really bad letting a user take that squad.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 23, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

The Piper posted:

Sounds like someone is jealous that they didn't get in on this hall of fame rookie qb class!

Seriously though, this year's Madden really handicaps current players while giving an advantage to rookies. Romo went from a 90+ overall rating to an 83 in the offseason for no apparent reason outside of getting older. Same thing happens to Brady every franchise I am in, goes from a 95 overall rating the first season to a mid 70s the second season. Geno might just have a lovely cap on how good he can be.

Like Dubious said though, the Giants are a dump and it is really easy to put up 50+ points on them without doing anything.

If we are going to be playing against the computer on All Pro, we should expect some blow out games (especially now that we have all played the game for over half a year). If it wasn't for trying new things or developing players against the CPU, it would make seasons alot more boring for me.

This league is really awesome in that any user team can beat any other user team in a week, so developing players by boosting their ratings in CPU games can go a long way in helping.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Make sure your trainer has good or world class development. Guys who are average or poor will actively hurt your squad with random stat point drops.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Havoc904 posted:

Sounds like someone is jealous that they didn't get in on this hall of fame rookie qb class!

Seriously though, this year's Madden really handicaps current players while giving an advantage to rookies. Romo went from a 90+ overall rating to an 83 in the offseason for no apparent reason outside of getting older. Same thing happens to Brady every franchise I am in, goes from a 95 overall rating the first season to a mid 70s the second season. Geno might just have a lovely cap on how good he can be.

Like Dubious said though, the Giants are a dump and it is really easy to put up 50+ points on them without doing anything.

If we are going to be playing against the computer on All Pro, we should expect some blow out games (especially now that we have all played the game for over half a year). If it wasn't for trying new things or developing players against the CPU, it would make seasons alot more boring for me.

This league is really awesome in that any user team can beat any other user team in a week, so developing players by boosting their ratings in CPU games can go a long way in helping.

Matt Stafford is still a 99 OVR and only dropped as low as 97 because of an injury. Consistency ratings have a big impact on how each win and loss affects how badly they regress after certain stat changing events.

As far as drafting goes a LOT of the offensive rookies are OP as poo poo because the regular players just don't progress as fast as the rookies do but thats still cool. poo poo I got a stud WR out of the end of the first round who would be my number 1 WR in most of my other user leagues...he's just that good and started off 67 OVR.

Speaking of CPU games what loving crack is the SF CPU team on? I don't think i've had to struggle to try to beat a CPU since I opened up my Madden game. Usually CPU games mean a 50 burger and getting to try out new poo poo but each drive against the 9ers was loving brutal. If someone wanted to join our league that may be the easiest team to pick up and be successful with, the defense is auto pilot good.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I think you should all just <----------------------------------------------------------

thompson fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 23, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

I thik you should all just <----------------------------------------------------------

lol i live in seattle. preaching to the choir my man

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

thompson posted:

I thik you should all just <----------------------------------------------------------

Man I wish, working for the government makes that impossible. I tried to play drunk once and I threw 6 ints....turns out booze isn't so good for fine motor control!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Browns/Steelers stream is up. Twitch.tv/dpcv8

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

Man I wish, working for the government makes that impossible. I tried to play drunk once and I threw 6 ints....turns out booze isn't so good for fine motor control!

Give it 5 years. In madden 20 you're going to be destroying people legally :350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
New thread jerks http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702668

• Locked thread