Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
oooh woowww..... elvish is soooo ama zing,, he constructed an ENTIRELY NEW LANGUAGE FOR HIS WOLRD CRAFTING. actually its just finnish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

gnarlyhotep posted:

it needed more elf on hobbit action imo

rimjobs

Seriously all you get is one post mortem kiss it's kinda balls.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Ramsus posted:

Yeah, I dunno why they feel like they need to sanitize and cheer up everything to appeal to children. There have been films like The Never Ending Story that were pretty grim, but kids enjoyed them. PEOPLA RE PUSSIES TODAY

most grimms fairy tales are incredibly dark in their original forms. kids getting hosed up and killed all over the place

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Whoops I mean spolier

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Yeah, I dunno why they feel like they need to sanitize and cheer up everything to appeal to children. There have been films like The Never Ending Story that were pretty grim, but kids enjoyed them. PEOPLA RE PUSSIES TODAY

Eh, the book was basically a children's book. The problem is some people can't just sit back and enjoy a children's story without feeling like their maturity is being threatened or something.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 20, 2014

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Sauron too. Although I think he was a little higher up, not quite a god but close.

sauron and the wizards were both the same kind of dudes. so were the balrogs

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Stormageddon posted:

Whoops I mean spolier

god dammit

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Actually I think you'll find the Star Wars prequels were actually pretty good, so not comparable at all.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ladyboy pancake posted:

Actually I think you'll find the Star Wars prequels were actually pretty good, so not comparable at all.

Han Solo flying Chubacca into Mordor? gently caress yeah it was

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
why is everyone so fixated on their media pap being 'dark' and 'gitty'

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

anyways the hobbit movies were really good. i like the part where the elf is hopping on the dwarf barrels

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

a hole-y ghost posted:

anyways the hobbit movies were really good. i like the part where the elf is hopping on the dwarf barrels

that vsounds cool and funny

so get it the HELL out of my movie! this movie about midgets and magic angels and merlin and homosexuals needs to be as GRIZZLED AND REALISTIC as the normandy scene from safeing privates ryan

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 20, 2014

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

also the part where the dwarfs eat all of the hobbits food is funny too, i like that one

you thought you eat a lot huh hobbit?? well i bet you dont eat as much at 12 fat guys!!! -me bbefore that scene

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also just like with Star Wars, the director's best work was before the first part of the series.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I liked the second one of the hobbit films more but this one was solid and probably better than anything else out right now if you are going to the movies. The first ten minutes should have been on the end of the second one, though, because goddamn not everything needs to be a cliffhanger esp a lovely one.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

a starwar betamax posted:

oooh woowww..... elvish is soooo ama zing,, he constructed an ENTIRELY NEW LANGUAGE FOR HIS WOLRD CRAFTING. actually its just finnish

Finns are magical :pseudo:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

saying the star wars prequels were good seems to be the new "im gay" or "cuck" and I can't wait til everyone gets tired of it.

Furthermore, im gay

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

another good part is where the dwarfs hop onto 4 sheep that appear from nowhere for them to ride willingly to their deaths

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I like the part where the big macguffin stone goes away in the middle of the movie and is never mentioned again

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

hahah i don't think ive ever actually heard anybody like these movies, even dumb people think they are stupid

maybe they are legit for children though?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
the lord of the rings movies weren't very good except for the first one

like i'm not trying to be edgy or anything it's just my opinion. they just didn't "grab" me

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stormageddon posted:

I like the part where the big macguffin stone goes away in the middle of the movie and is never mentioned again
well all the dwarfs are dead so someones probably just using it as a paper weight

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lord of the Rings is cool and Star Wars sucks.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Fonzarelli posted:

hahah i don't think ive ever actually heard anybody like these movies, even dumb people think they are stupid

i only saw the first one and i didn't like it but actually a lot of people probably like them because people keep goign to see them???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fonzarelli posted:

no, even stupid children think they suck

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

i only saw the first one and i didn't like it but actually a lot of people probably like them because people keep goign to see them???

I think they are only really seeing them out of habit, like a weird compulsion because its a trilogy and you can't dip out after the first one

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Fellowship was the best book/film of the trilogy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Hobbit movies suck. The second one was barely passable but as a whole sucked.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
Oh another good part is Billy Connolly dwarf. PJ should make a trilogy about him and Lee Pace elf adventuring odd couple style.

Wait, I guess that was basically the LOTR trilogy kinda

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stormageddon posted:

Oh another good part is Billy Connolly dwarf. PJ should make a trilogy about him and Lee Pace elf adventuring odd couple style.

Wait, I guess that was basically the LOTR trilogy kinda
i would watch this

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Fonzarelli posted:

I think they are only really seeing them out of habit, like a weird compulsion because its a trilogy and you can't dip out after the first one

i don't think you understand why normal people see movies

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
So does Fili/Kili whatever bang that hot elf chick?

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yes

no

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
the other day i heard two guys going on and on abotu how great the hobbit movies are.............. they kept dropping smug burns on other people saying stuff like "pffff....i guess everybody who HASNT READ THE BOOK are gonna be suprised when gigglypuff dies in the third movie"

then one of them said "man.... i wish they had made three movies each about the origional trilogy..." and the other guy said "ooh man,, that would be awesome... 9 movies total.... whoa"

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

thanks

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

nope, but he does get something long and hard shoved in him against his will. it's a sword.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah like 40 minutes into it we're already at Lonely Mountain.

KiteAuraan posted:

nope, but he does get something long and hard shoved in him against his will. it's a sword.

"It appears I have penetrated you!"

I forgot one/both of the brothers died. I know Thorin dies and Bombour lives to be an even fatter fatass

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

fili and his brother kili die when a troll drops a safe on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah like 40 minutes into it we're already at Lonely Mountain.

I love how when Jackson included the songs they are still total dick when compared to the 1977 movie. Which is still baller as gently caress.

• Locked thread