Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

a hole-y ghost posted:

fili and his brother kili die when a troll drops a safe on them

I didn't get why that orc wasn't the leader, it took like 4 people to take him down, and the knife arm dude barely was able to take on an exhausted one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

KiteAuraan posted:

I love how when Jackson included the songs they are still total dick when compared to the 1977 movie. Which is still baller as gently caress.

Actually, gently caress seeing the new one and just watch the Bakshi film for nine hours for a better time.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
chip the glasses crack the plates

blunt the knives and bend the forks

smash the bottles, burn the corks

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

i have a question: in the end the eagles drop a dude onto the other army and half-way through the drop he turns into a bear and starts tearing poo poo up. Is this dude ever mentioned in the earlier hobbit movies? I don't remember him and I'll be damed if I watching or reading any more about it. It seemed super confusing to non-nerds: oh, look its the eagles again. They're also dropping dudes who can turn into bears mid-flight. I guess those people won't be mentioned again.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

a starwar betamax posted:

the other day i heard two guys going on and on abotu how great the hobbit movies are.............. they kept dropping smug burns on other people saying stuff like "pffff....i guess everybody who HASNT READ THE BOOK are gonna be suprised when gigglypuff dies in the third movie"

then one of them said "man.... i wish they had made three movies each about the origional trilogy..." and the other guy said "ooh man,, that would be awesome... 9 movies total.... whoa"

did you murder those people a starwars betamax

you can tell us, forums communications are privileged

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stormageddon posted:

I didn't get why that orc wasn't the leader, it took like 4 people to take him down, and the knife arm dude barely was able to take on an exhausted one.
orc culture is very permissive to the disabled and handicapped, its what leads to their downfall

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Olewithmilk posted:

i have a question: in the end the eagles drop a dude onto the other army and half-way through the drop he turns into a bear and starts tearing poo poo up. Is this dude ever mentioned in the earlier hobbit movies? I don't remember him and I'll be damed if I watching or reading any more about it. It seemed super confusing to non-nerds: oh, look its the eagles again. They're also dropping dudes who can turn into bears mid-flight. I guess those people won't be mentioned again.
i think hes the guy who turns into a bear in the second movie.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Olewithmilk posted:

He was in the 1st or 2nd movie for 5 minutes, I don't remember which. Gandalf was all "He hates dwarves but if we're lucky we'll live" and they were and did.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Cartoon Bilbo is just giving Smaug so much poo poo and is :smug: as gently caress.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Olewithmilk posted:

you don't recognize your own mom?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Harald posted:

you don't recognize your own mom?
:vince:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Olewithmilk posted:

Yeah Beorn was in the second movie and in the book. His descendents don't have the ability to transform but they're mentioned in the LOTR books.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

it's actually my dad, who turns into a bear on wednesday nights (gay nights)

thank you all for all your helpful replies RE: flying bear man

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

was there a hobbit army

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

was there a hobbit army

if there was they got murdered by sauroman

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TEAYCHES posted:

was there a hobbit army

yeah they ate third lunch at the enemies really hard

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
dude walkin around with birdshit on him face a wizard

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

gary oldmans diary posted:

dude walkin around with birdshit on him face a wizard

Like you're gonna tell a goddamn wizard to wipe his face? gently caress no, you're gonna think if a wizard got bird poo poo on his face it's supposed to loving be there

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Whatever happened to those two random rear end mountain titans that were fighting in the first movie? Why did they exist in the first place?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

if ure into scat, call up radagast the brown. hes the wizard for you

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Whatever happened to those two random rear end mountain titans that were fighting in the first movie? Why did they exist in the first place?

they moved to fantasia and took up rock biting.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
You know what the worst part of the trilogy was? The part when the Dwarves did the dishes at Bilbo's place. They didnt even open a tap, I mean how did they clean those bowls? Did they lick them?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zeike posted:

You know what the worst part of the trilogy was? The part when the Dwarves did the dishes at Bilbo's place. They didnt even open a tap, I mean how did they clean those bowls? Did they lick them?
they took the dirt that was on the dishes and threw it away, into the trash bin. DUH

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I remember my parents rented the Ralph Bakshi version of Lord of the Rings but the tape was hosed up so he went back and brought The Hobbit.

Kinda glad because I still haven't made it through animted LOTR.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 20, 2014

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
someione post hte thing of gandarlf crying

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
if legolas had to fight a giant army of orcs who rode eagles and carried war-axes

who would win

i bet legolas would win because legalos is cool

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cyra posted:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cyra posted:

"Gaaaaah!" Gandalf cried. Blood streamed under his eyes. "Begone!"

Bilbo was thrown back and onto the grass outside.

Frodo ran out.

"Bilbo!" He said to the creature that was once his friend. "Give me the ring! It'll be alright!"

Bilbo looked at Frodo, his eyes wide and frightened. Did he understand? Frodo would not know, for there was a rustling in the bushes. The creature that could only be Gollum leapt on the Hobbit.

"Where isss it?" It hissed, its breath warm and hot on Bilbo's face. "Where'sss my preciouss? We wants it, yes we do!"

"I won it fair and square!" Choked Bilbo.

"You're a liar!" Gollum hissed. He punched Bilbo.

"No!" Bilbo sobbed.

"And a thief!"

"Not listening!" Bilbo said covering his ears. "Not listening!"

"Murrrrderrrrer..." Gollum grinned.

"It was just a dragon!" Bilbo sobbed. "Who cares about a dragon?"

"It wass merely taking a snooze, yess it was!" Gollum screamed. "And you had to dissturb it, you fat sstupid Hobbit!" Gollum help up a finger, its nail long and sharp. He stuck it in Bilbo's pendulous, sagging belly and pulled forward. Blood oozed out and Bilbo screamed in horror and pain. All Frodo could do was watch.

Bilbo kicked Gollum, and Gollum let out a hiss. Bilbo tried crawling away and Gollum lay on the ground exhausted. Then Gollum's eyes caught a thin sliver of gold sticking out from Bilbo's pocket.

The ring.

His precious.

Gollum leapt on Bilbo with a scream.

"Give it to usss!" He roared. The two creatures were rolling on the ground in an intense struggle. Gollum grinned and stuck his finger in Bilbo's throat, and ripped it open.

Bilbo's eyes stared in disbelief. His arms moved aimlessly before they dropped to the ground. Gollum grinned and pulled off the ring.

"We has our preciouss!" It crooned and jumped up and down. "Oh happy, happy, happy!"

Gollum went off into the woods dancing in delight.

Frodo went up to Bilbo.

"F-F-Frodo..." Bilbo gurgled. Tears welled up in Frodo's eyes. Bilbo had just killed one of Frodo's best friends, and tried to harm another. Yet, Frodo could not bear to see him suffer.

"It's going to be all right." Said Frodo softly.

Bilbo lifted up a hand; to caress Frodo's face, maybe to wipe away his tears. Then his face began to push inwards and his hand began to dissolve. His hair turned to fine, thin wisps. His shirt crumpled inwards. All that was left was a fine powder.

Frodo began to sob silently.

Gandalf came up at last, looking very weary. He had dried blood near his eyes.

"Don't worry, Frodo." Said the wizard. "It's all over now. He'll finally find peace."

Frodo nodded, and wiped away his tears. Gandalf put a hand over Frodo's shoulder and the two walked off into the house. Gandalf draped a cloth over Sam's face and began to get Bilbo's old items ready for auction.

Frodo gazed outside the window.

A strong wind came, and what was left of Bilbo blew away in the wind. Frodo turned away to help Gandalf clean up the house.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Zeike posted:

dwarven water sports

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Cnut the Great posted:

did you murder those people a starwars betamax

you can tell us, forums communications are privileged

i had my giant eagle pick them up and drop them in a volcano

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think people hate the hobbit because they watched the original LOTR series when they were young and everything seems perfect when you are younger.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Alexzandvar posted:

I think people hate the hobbit because they watched the original LOTR series when they were young and everything seems perfect when you are younger.

they must still be in grade school in which case they suck anyway

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

gnarlyhotep posted:

they must still be in grade school in which case they suck anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Return_of_the_King

quote:

This article is about the 2003 live-action film

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Alexzandvar posted:

part of it is that no one had every done anything like lotr when it came out. like there had never been a high fantasy movie with production values and a huge budget ever. so a lot of its silliness and dumb moments didnt stand out as much as the fact that it was surprising that it was as well done as it was

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

they are still young enough to be terrible

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
the first lord of the rings movie came out in 2001 :stonklol:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

a starwar betamax posted:

the first lord of the rings movie came out in 2001 :stonklol:

the two towers came out and ppl were like lmao two towers stillj fresh in our collective consciousness those were heady days

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I remember my parents rented the Rankin Bass version of Lord of the Rings but the tape was hosed up so he went back and brought The Hobbit.

Kinda glad because I still haven't made it through animted LOTR.

It only covers part of Return of the King, if you like one you'll like the other. WHERE THERE'S A WHIP, THERE'S A WAY!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Myron Baloney posted:

It only covers part of Return of the King, if you like one you'll like the other. WHERE THERE'S A WHIP, THERE'S A WAY!

Whoop. I actually liked (well it was OK) the animated version of Return of the King. I meant Ralph Bakshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Myron Baloney posted:

maybe they mean the Ralph Bakshi one. which is as lovely as anything bakshi ever made.

• Locked thread