Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

serious norman posted:

Havent read any of the tolkien books
Havent seen any of the the movies

Worth it?

yeah
eh
respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Guancho posted:

just got back from seeing it. worst of the three

i think my favorite part was when Legolas stabbed a giant troll or whatever through the top of its head and literally used his sword as a joystick to ram the dude into a tower.

my wife scolded me for laughing too loudly at the part where lolgolas throws his sword and kills that guy and then defies gravity by running up the falling bricks.

I didn't hate the movie, it's not good but it is p entertaining.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Guancho posted:

i think my favorite part was when Legolas stabbed a giant troll or whatever through the top of its head and literally used his sword as a joystick to ram the dude into a tower.

just got back from intentionally dropping a bowling ball on my dick for the third time. worst of the three

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

spacemang_spliff posted:

it's not good but it is p entertaining.

This is the Lotr/hobbit films in a nutshell

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I watched the first Hobbit in the theater, I'm going to wait until there's a DVD extended edition of the whole thing before I watch the other two. May as well maximize the pain.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Guancho posted:

that was some ratatouille poo poo. that's the part where i mentally threw up my hands Seinfeld style and decided to turn my brain off and just enjoy the battles and hot elf lady.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
the charge of the rohirrim is pretty good and they can't top that moment so i dunno what all this epic poo poo is about

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
LOL if you don't instead watch the 1985 Soviet version, Сказочное путешествие мистера Бильбо Беггинса Хоббита.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m0l3Yr1B50

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
brb learning Russian

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Break down

Pros:
- best hobbit movie
- red haired elf is v lithe
- most violence and fun and orcs of all the hobbit movies
- knew smaug was gonna get shot he was never integral to the story
- great psychedelic gold sequence

Cons:
- the blood thing which i noticed because of the OP. ur were right
- THEY KILLED THORIN OAKENSHIELD FOR NO DISCERNABLE REASON

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

a hole-y ghost posted:

spoiler: lee pace is the best part of the movie by far

I would watch Pushing Daisies in Middle Earth, if such a thing were to exist.

Veldspar
May 15, 2013
i didnt really read the op but the hobbit is poo poo

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
When's PJ gonna start the Silmarillion septology?

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

sexy young infidel posted:

Break down

Pros:
- best hobbit movie
- red haired elf is v lithe
- most violence and fun and orcs of all the hobbit movies
- knew smaug was gonna get shot he was never integral to the story
- great psychedelic gold sequence

Cons:
- the blood thing which i noticed because of the OP. ur were right
- THEY KILLED THORIN OAKENSHIELD FOR NO DISCERNABLE REASON

If they didn't kill Thorin then the Tolkein fans would burn PJ in effigy.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I hate Legolas, so my favorite part of the Hobbit is how they changed him into a creeper. I remember when that elf girl was talking to the dwarf by the lake I whispered to my friend that Legolas was probably creeping up in the trees, and then the camera pans over and he is just standing there behind them autist staring at them.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
the first two movies were good/decent but the third movie was honestly much worse than the star wars prequels

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
The new movie was awesome when Gandalf called his dudes and the elf lady fuckin owned sauron. Also war moose and war pig were lol. All haters can suck my nutz thanks

naem
May 29, 2011

THE BOOK was told entirely from the hobbit's perspective, and it's funny as hell because he's like "it's raining and I'm all wet, what a bother. Trolls? Fwah. What am I even doing here. Ooo look mushrooms" as these adventures happen around him. It's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
I liked how in the scene in Dol Guldur when Galadriel comes to rescue Gandalf, it starts our real mystical and other-worldly but then the nine appears (!) and Elrond shouts "you should have stayed dead".

• Locked thread