Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you appreciate Chie?
Yes.
Yes,
Yes'
Yes!
View Results

• Locked thread
lfield
May 10, 2008

Get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Please don't feed the trolls trying to derail this thread. Let's get back on topic: how are you appreciating Chie today? Personally I will be saying a small prayer to Chie to make today prosperous. And I appreciate that her omnipotent power shall make this reality for me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You must pray 5 times for Chie facing in the direction of the closest Junes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
OP I don't think one thread is enough honestly

Rude Semprini
Jun 4, 2013

Ow. Right in the self esteem.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

OP I don't think one thread is enough honestly

I agree however the modzis are ruthless and I dare not suffer their wrath. We will have to make do with this one until we get our own subforum.

Based Chie....

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Endorph posted:

im kanji

the investigation team would never have gotten near the tv section without a security guard following them in america.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 21, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Chie has not gotten a #1 dance hit in America written about her.

Meanwhile Aegis has....

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Perhaps I was mistaken...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Chie has not gotten a #1 dance hit in America written about her.

Meanwhile Aegis has....

I have warned you once. If I have to again, I WILL get the authorities involved. Have some freaking respect for Chie.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Chie and Aegis would def be bros

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Chie is literally Lisa from Persona 2 but worse hth

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Iserlohn posted:

Chie is literally Lisa from Persona 2 but worst hth

I have said this many times already but no off topic or derogatory posts are allowed here. Please leave.

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝
bring chie to life this christmas

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

Wiseblood posted:

You can never have too much Chie.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

This is the best Christmas ever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I hope you all had a wonderful Chiemas.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I have been in the labs constantly since 2012 trying to figure out Chie's P4G skills.

The only conclusion I've come to is you should probably still run God's Hand, Agneyastra, and Power Charge.

Hamaon? Maybe? Bufudyne looks cool but that's a pretty high opportunity cost to grab it. Rising Dragon is expensive but awesome but Chie's got terrible SP. Revolution may or may not be worth it. Auto-Tarukaja all the way, until the MC starts rocking Auto-Mataru?

God's Hand is still good, that's all I've got. :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I now own Persona 4. Chie isn't my favorite thing about the game thus far (I'm not even done with the first dungeon yet, so that may change) but she beats the pants off of mild-mannered schoolgirl with a bow from 3 for sure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yukari wasnt mild mannered at all she said poo poo like 'stupei iori, ace defective' and was v. cool

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Lizard Wizard posted:

I now own Persona 4. Chie isn't my favorite thing about the game thus far (I'm not even done with the first dungeon yet, so that may change) but she beats the pants off of mild-mannered schoolgirl with a bow from 3 for sure.

Persona 4 is a slow burn but very good after the first proper dungeon (the Castle).

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
mild-mannered is pretty much the exact opposite of how i would generally describe yukari.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah you're right, she wasn't like that at all. Still, characters so far seem just a bit more likeable in P4. I like it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Yukari Cool

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Squallege posted:

Chie and Aegis would def be bros

For sure.

I like Chie OP

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

oh my god

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you OP for the Chie appreciation thread. Someone had to do it, and I'm glad that it finally happened.

Now I'm going to go get a steak.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

For sure.

I like Chie OP

That's not how you spell friendship

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Iserlohn posted:

Chie is literally Lisa from Persona 2 but worse hth

Lisa owns though. White chick who can't speak English because her dad is a horrible Japanophile and she is into that Wu Tang poo poo. ( Not the rap group because that would only make her completely awesome and best RPG character. Instead she is maybe a bit more awesome than Minsc from Baldurs Gate and Gay Elf Antonio Banderas from Dragon Age.)

So I guess Chie is appreciateable if she is kind of like Lisa?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is Teddie chat allowed in this thread?

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Lizard Wizard posted:

:getout:

we're only talking about people in this thread, not dumb fake shadow bears that have a cruise missile as their Persona

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Lizard Wizard posted:

This thread is bearly respectable as is. Teddie is a polarizing character and you don't want to deal with grizzly spoilers to Persona 4's plot in this thread.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Quick Q about Persona Q: How are the Chie scenes because it'll basically make or break the game for me.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Suicide Pacmen posted:

Quick Q about Persona Q: How are the Chie scenes because it'll basically make or break the game for me.

chie is unfortunately one of the worst cases of the game reducing characters to their most basic traits, although she's not as bad as akihiko or teddie.

she still gets some pretty good lines though.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Suicide Pacmen posted:

You can marry Chie in this game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Suicide Pacmen posted:

Unfortunately, she gets reduced to meat jokes. Like most of her lines are about meat while she occasionally talked about it in Persona 4.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Inflammatory posted:

chie is unfortunately one of the worst cases of the game reducing characters to their most basic traits, although she's not as bad as akihiko or teddie.

she still gets some pretty good lines though.

I dunno, Akihiko being a muscle-headed protein-freak is probably among the funniest simplifications of his character. The rest of him was kind of standard anime "I must atone for the weakness of my past" and "I don't understand girls" which I think actually is also in the game.

Teddie is pretty...uh...hrm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This thread is bearly respectable as is. Teddie is a polarizing character and you don't want to deal with grizzly spoilers to Persona 4's plot in this thread.

Thank yooooou. :kimchi:

• Locked thread