Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
holy poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

the pinbal table http://a.pomf.se/osurln.mp4

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe the jackpot is somewhere in the middle lane.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Is this some sort of pinball lingo? This is the first pinball I play seriously. Also I suck.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

in pinball, you can bank a large amount of points into a "pot." when you accomplish a series of objectives, such as striking targets, or going down a sequence of ramps or what have you, you activate this pot, and the points you banked are awarded to you. this is a "jackpot."

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I noticed there are steps to increase the amassing of points but I just suck so drat hard, I do the first step and fall to my demise right afterwards. In this video I upgrade the bumpers from terrance and philip just laughing to make them fart but I only scored like two bumps http://a.pomf.se/chcath.mp4

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe the jackpot is somewhere in the middle lane.

i'd like you to know i appreciated this joke, it filled me with a sensible chuckle

program666
Aug 22, 2013

you could also help me get less lovely on this kind of game instead of doing jokes that I can't understand.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

program666 posted:

you could also help me get less lovely on this kind of game instead of doing jokes that I can't understand.
Just don't let the ball fall out of the bottom or go between your flippers and you'll be ok.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Kylra posted:

Just don't let the ball fall out of the bottom or go between your flippers and you'll be ok.

thanks a lot

see? not that hard guys

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

program666 posted:

thanks a lot

see? not that hard guys

study this image verry carefully and you will succeed

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Here's a simpler version to help you wrap your head around it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

serious question, I noticed that on the further left and right of the table there is some stuff that you have to hit like 5 times to trigger something on the table that will give out more points. Problem is the only way to shoot the ball there is if it goes near the paddles on a very specific angle and/or speed AND I still have to hit it just right.
What I mean is, I can hit stuff up above and on the middle with some reliability but anything on the far left or right feels like it's basically luck. What about this poo poo? You can see those on that first video I posted, that would be the kyle and the chef apartment door.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

once you master these simple mathematical concepts your pinball game will be maximum

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just learn to control the ball. If you can catch the ball in the flipper rather than knock it straight back, you can basically decide where you want to put it. It's just leverage. Hit the ball with the tip to send it farther, in the middle of the flipper to slow it down.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

do NOT associate with this man he is the pinball wizard and he will turn you into quarters

those children are already dead

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I would totally make sex with the person that can do this, even if it's not my favorite gender/alignment

program666
Aug 22, 2013

by the way, are there good pinball games on the android? Seems like a no-brainer considering you just need like 3 inputs.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

program666 posted:

by the way, are there good pinball games on the android? Seems like a no-brainer considering you just need like 3 inputs.

the only good pinball game is Pinball Arcade

get the black knight 2000 table

program666
Aug 22, 2013

thanks I'm gonna game

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I got the pinball arcade first season with the star trek table for my cellphone, thanks for the addiction.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

program666 posted:

I got the pinball arcade first season with the star trek table for my cellphone, thanks for the addiction.
Which Star Trek table? Is it Next Generation?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

yes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG73i6U2tSQ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's a good table.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

having pinball on my cellphone is loving glorious, it's like when you're hooked in a puzzle game, you can just pick up and play any time and you're instantly absorbed by that and the entire real world fades away really fast. It eats time like it's loving nothing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Clicked on this expecting the actual physical table, not the FX2 one.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Now that I'm a pinball enthusiast I completely understand your frustration, but I wasn't when I created this thread.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

aim for whatever is flashing op

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Unguided posted:

Clicked on this expecting the actual physical table, not the FX2 one.

Same, but secretly hoped it was the old Shockwave one on the Comedy Central website.

man the year 2000 really was the future

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i dont remember the actual south park table being all that good

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I distinctly remember the original table being the most obnoxious loving thing in any arcade it was in with regards to audio.

Like an anti-Black Knight 2000.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

bad table even if south park is epic

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
had a pinball machine installed in the local movie theater.

Indiana Jones ownz bonez.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

got timeshock on gog, it's pretty neat despite of not being able to keep aspect

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I might buy the South Park pinball game for my phone because I need more pinball to play while taking a poo poo at work

program666
Aug 22, 2013

gay skull posted:

I might buy the South Park pinball game for my phone because I need more pinball to play while taking a poo poo at work
I'm goddamn loving retarded for not realizing that there was probably a android version of that. Thanks a lot gay skull!

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I used to be real good at the Addams Family table.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

program666 posted:

I'm goddamn loving retarded for not realizing that there was probably a android version of that. Thanks a lot gay skull!

#fistbump

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://www.replaymuseum.org/ this place opened here but i haven't been there yet. i should go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Zen tables aren't great, but they're the only new ones that most people have access to. Definitely keep an eye out for sales in Pinball Arcade, I think I got season one for a buck last year. I swear, I subsisted on Black Hole for a few weeks there.

Also, pinball museums always make a great day trip. I checked out the one in Austin a while ago.

Scratch-O fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 25, 2014

• Locked thread