Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
cats, dogs?
cats
dogs
hmm... not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ofaloaf posted:

Meanwhile I got bit on the nose by a husky and bit on the arm by a labrador.

Dogs know what's up. They were trying to implement natural selection, but I guess you survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I remember the kids who didn't like dogs/dogs didn't like them, when I was little. Either it was a bad dog or the kid was a total shithead to the dog and it rightly retaliated. Most of the time the kids were shitheads but sometimes stray dogs or poorly treated dogs happen. Dogs are cool and I've even befriended abused dogs. I just don't like the full-time commitment they are.

Dogs require work and if you're not willing to put it in, vote cat. A hosed up cat is less of a drain and danger to the world than another rear end in a top hat with a pitbull.

Even really mean dogs are easy to communicate with and befriend unless they're totally broken and trained/raised to attack. Your childhood idiocy should not continue to inform your feelings about dogs, but your adult idiocy should.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Ruddha posted:

whip cats one after the other by the tail into the uncaring sea

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I've always had both.

So I vote Pony.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
No dogs or kings.

Only cat.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i think dogs and kids are ok but lol if you think i'm committing that much time and energy into well anything

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

fanged wang posted:

i think dogs and kids are ok but lol if you think i'm committing that much time and energy into well anything

a dog is like a permanent toddler that society deems less of a problem if you gently caress up raising it

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

fanged wang posted:

what about minecraft

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

CATS CATS CATS ALWAYS CATS :toxogond:

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i'm rubbing a purring cat belly with one hand while posting with the other and i feel like life is really good at this moment

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
Voted cats cuz I have a dog and she already knows too much

Cats will never tell

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Cats are noble and graceful, especially around meal times: http://youtu.be/B5FVPR-VUyA?t=7s

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
mods ban everyone who voted cats

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
like i dont even consider cats pets man

lmao if you got pet fish tho

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Ofaloaf posted:

Cats curl up and purr and are fluffy and kill mice in the house. When I was a kid there was this cat that would always run up to our front porch when I was coming home from school, and would sit there and I would pet it and it was a nice cat. It wasn't actually my cat, it was the neighbor's, but whatever.

Meanwhile I got bit on the nose by a husky and bit on the arm by a labrador.

Huskies and labs are knows for being extremely friendly and gentle, how can you be so offensive that they attack you on sight.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Cats are noble and graceful, especially around meal times: http://youtu.be/B5FVPR-VUyA?t=7s

:stare: That little one has the right idea, going the other direction. gently caress that noise

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
getting bit by a lab must take some serious effort on your part

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i sleep in bed naked with a woman and during spoon the cat drops in between my chest and her back (or vice versa if im feeling vulnerable) and safely and warmly ensconced in my moobs she purrs releasing magical cat energy to pacify our restless spirits and guide us to a peaceful slumber this is not a thing a dog can do because dogs are big clumsy idiots that smell like an rear end took a piss

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
So what I got from this thread is "I'm lazy/cowardly/poor, so I voted cat"

Or

"My cat is the best, he/she is just like a dog! So I voted cat"

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

SBJ posted:

So what I got from this thread is "I'm lazy/cowardly/poor, so I voted cat"

Or

"My cat is the best, he/she is just like a dog! So I voted cat"

replace cat with dog and dog with kid in your sentence and it is the same thing

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
not like it's any great accomplishment to raise a dog you know who has dogs a lot homeless people they cant even take care of themselves and they have obedient and well fed dogs woopty fuckin do never see a hobo with a cat do you

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

fanged wang posted:

not like it's any great accomplishment to raise a dog you know who has dogs a lot homeless people they cant even take care of themselves and they have obedient and well fed dogs woopty fuckin do never see a hobo with a cat do you

Because cats are gold diggers who will leave you. Dogs will stay loyal even after you are dead. This is why they are called mans best friend and cats are associated with the underworld

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i officially declare dogs the winner

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

good

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Baba Ganoush posted:

Huskies and labs are knows for being extremely friendly and gentle, how can you be so offensive that they attack you on sight.

I post on SA, what the hell do you think.

tbf the labrador belonged to a poo poo family who only remembered to feed it once in a while and kept it in a chain-link enclosure the size of an airplane's bathroom, so in hindsight it makes sense that it was pissed off a lot.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Baba Ganoush posted:

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

getting bit by a lab must take some serious effort on your part

Labrador retrievers have the highest numbers of bite attacks in the United States.

This is mostly because labs are one of the most popular breeds: more dogs, more bites. I have no idea what the # bites per number of labs is.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Labrador retrievers have the highest numbers of bite attacks in the United States.

This is mostly because labs are one of the most popular breeds: more dogs, more bites. I have no idea what the # bites per number of labs is.

My last lab slept with me from when he was a puppy until I moved out. It probably does have a lot to do with how they're raised. I think they're just highly emotional and somewhat stupid. But their basic temperament is a good one.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Baba Ganoush posted:

My last lab slept with me from when he was a puppy until I moved out. It probably does have a lot to do with how they're raised. I think they're just highly emotional and somewhat stupid. But their basic temperament is a good one.

chaining a dog up in the back yard and leavingit there is the best way to ruin any kinda breed. dogs are social animals and isolating them like that tends to ruin their temperaments and drive them nuts/make them aggressive.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ruddha posted:

whip cats one after the other by the tail into the uncaring sea

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

obviously

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
voted not sure because only G*d can judge.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Baba Ganoush posted:

But their basic temperament is a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZFr_gqqZQ

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wtf cats are leading now, GBS isn't living up to its free-lovin, free-livin reputation

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

Wtf cats are leading now, GBS isn't living up to its free-lovin, free-livin reputation

Yeah but

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

So take that cat goons, maybe if you werent busy trying to find your cats you couldve won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Just asked my dog for a high five and he did it beat that you pussies

• Locked thread