Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i gotta say i really really liked the part in ragtime where the woman sucked the guys dick at the conjugal visit in prison

WOWOW

it's really good esp bc he doesn't tell you directly thwhat's happening, he says that the brim of her hat is pushed back on the bulge of his belly

he lets the reader... "connect the dots"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my second favorite neocon writing is Norman Podhoretz's autobiography which is the most insanely awkward and humiliating thing outside of i dont even know what, Nixons diary maybe

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"agnew made another pass at me today. god drat it. it's getting harder to say no. chckers is there, checkers is always there."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like he writes a very long-winded section about trying to court Jackie Kennedy and getting rebuffed with "Norman, who do you think you are??"

he volunteers this. there was no gun held to his head forcing him to recount this event.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

my second favorite neocon writing is Norman Podhoretz's autobiography which is the most insanely awkward and humiliating thing outside of i dont even know what, Nixons diary maybe

Nixon tapes are neither insane nor awkward. They are the greatest source of inspiration and black commedy known to man.

Just remember every time Nixon sits with Kissinger, Nixon absolutely distrusts all Jews and Kissinger distrusts all Nixons.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
We had to reassert ourselves as the craziest ones in the room after 911 and this was what we came up with

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Because Saddam Hussein wasn't a member of the Illuminati, and we needed a reptoid to control those oil wells, so we could add genetically modified organisms to them.

Honestly, it's like you don't follow my blog at all.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i still cannot believe that poo poo happened. what the gently caress is wrong with peoples brains they cant tell theyre being lied to

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

afeelgoodpoop posted:

i still cannot believe that poo poo happened. what the gently caress is wrong with peoples brains they cant tell theyre being lied to

9/11

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Blowing up muslins is cool af OP what other reason do you need

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Because we could and the Bush family had a family feud.

That's the real answer by the way.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Kevin Spacey was trying to launch a virus or some poo poo. Don't worry he's dead now.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
invading other people is as american as apple pie, not sure why anyone is surprised. do we really need a reason? it's just something we do and were good at it

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

My Imaginary GF posted:

Nixon tapes are neither insane nor awkward. They are the greatest source of inspiration and black commedy known to man.

Just remember every time Nixon sits with Kissinger, Nixon absolutely distrusts all Jews and Kissinger distrusts all Nixons.

hot pants

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

jesus christ

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

they hated us for our freedom. now they love us for theirs. :fsmug:

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
because no one wanted to admit the jews did 9/11

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I liked it when bush flew in to the air craft carrier with the mission accomplished. It was like gently caress you dirty Jawas your weak gaffe sticks can't do shot to the USA.

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

If you think about it, it's like, why does anyone really do anything

Slugs
Mar 11, 2014
This Guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Chalabi

e: and this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curveball_%28informant%29

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

from NYT in june this year, considering options to replace maliki

quote:

Over the past two days the American ambassador, Robert S. Beecroft, along with Brett McGurk, the senior State Department official on Iraq and Iran, have met with Usama Nujaifi, the leader of the largest Sunni contingent, United For Reform, and with Ahmad Chalabi, one of the several potential Shiite candidates for prime minister, according to people close to each of those factions, as well as other political figures.

:lol::lol::lol:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

"Its a Pentagon study, huh?"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dytU1gJM8

E:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVeTBHnivIE

quote:

President Richard Nixon talks with George Bush, then Chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), about "a couple of very attractive women" he had recently met in the South Carolina Legislature. Nixon expresses surprise that these "good-looking and bright" female politicians could win in the South and suggests to Bush that he, as the party chairman, should look for more women to run as Republican candidates. The two men also discuss appointments and domestic issues.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 22, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

will no one stand up for the iraq war?

saddam was a monster who gassed his own people. i guess goons would rather he was still alive?? why do you support saddam hussein, who had literal rape rooms. Rape Rooms. he gassed his own people

the international community decided to put a stop to it and bring democracy to iraq.. ok it didnt pan out perfectly but "even the wise do not see all ends" as gandalf said

criticize individual mistakes or whatever but the initial reason for going to war was noble, good, and just

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
saddam was a brutal strongman and we hosed up so badly we somehow managed to make him look like someones sharp ol grandad when we put him on trial, thats how badly we mismanaged every single aspect of the iraq war

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
We did it for shits & giggles. Killing Muslims & securing oil reserves was a bonus.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

seriously though it's because there are a lot of misconceptions about what to do while you're alive

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

will no one stand up for the iraq war?

saddam was a monster who gassed his own people. i guess goons would rather he was still alive?? why do you support saddam hussein, who had literal rape rooms. Rape Rooms. he gassed his own people

the international community decided to put a stop to it and bring democracy to iraq.. ok it didnt pan out perfectly but "even the wise do not see all ends" as gandalf said

criticize individual mistakes or whatever but the initial reason for going to war was noble, good, and just

lol yeah because every single time the US goes in and topples a government it works out just fine this was just a statistical anomaly what with the ISIS and whatever who could have predicted any of this

also if that's the reason then why do we do nothing about all the other brutal dictators around the world

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Demonachizer posted:

Saddam had a plot to assassinate GW's daddy. GW didn't like this so found a reason for revenge.

backwards guy has the correct answer on page one.
everyone ignores him because he's backwards guy.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

paranoid randroid posted:

saddam was a brutal strongman and we hosed up so badly we somehow managed to make him look like someones sharp ol grandad when we put him on trial, thats how badly we mismanaged every single aspect of the iraq war

I seem to remember us handing him over to a pack of slavering dogs appearing to be court officials and then they hung him. Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
When you have hundreds of millions of dollars spent on making things to blow poo poo up, you tend to want to blow poo poo up

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

lol yeah because every single time the US goes in and topples a government it works out just fine this was just a statistical anomaly what with the ISIS and whatever who could have predicted any of this

also if that's the reason then why do we do nothing about all the other brutal dictators around the world

just because we dont bring down all dictators, that means that it wasnt good to at least bring down one??

look i dont know what kind of naive utopia you live in, but we did what we could and the world is better without saddam hussein than it was with him

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

also if you are gonna say something retarded like "well now we have isis because we took down saddam" thats because muslim-in-chief barack hussein obama pulled out of iraq too early for political reasons. great job obama

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

just because we dont bring down all dictators, that means that it wasnt good to at least bring down one??

it just seems very suspiciously disingenuous when you claim you're doing it for the good of the people of Iraq but then ignore genocides and atrocities happening in other countries that don't have any strategic or economic benefits to offer

besides which it seems predicated on assuming that the white people in charge of this country aren't racist fuckbags who don't give a poo poo about those people

quote:

look i dont know what kind of naive utopia you live in, but we did what we could and the world is better without saddam hussein than it was with him

lol hell yeah let's just disrupt the delicate balance of power in the middle east and kick off decades of civil war and proxy war amongst sunnis v shias *MISSION ACCOMPLISHED*

arguably less people per capita in iraq suffered under Hussein than they do now but I don't have any numbers in front of me. I'm just going off of ISIS controlling half the country and running literal open air slave markets and what not

TEAYCHES posted:

also if you are gonna say something retarded like "well now we have isis because we took down saddam" thats because muslim-in-chief barack hussein obama pulled out of iraq too early for political reasons. great job obama

lol no it's because now extremist groups are being funded by rich muslims all across the region and toppling Saddam and sticking our noses into a mire that we knew nothing about in the first place kicked that all off

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

natetimm posted:

I seem to remember us handing him over to a pack of slavering dogs appearing to be court officials and then they hung him. Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

if ur gonna do a kangaroo court, make it some official looking in-and-out deal where the guy is perfunctorily convicted and bagged off to have his neck stretched, dont give him the chance to demonstrate how little he cares about the proceedings by dropping cute little bon mots like "im an old man, be nice to me"

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

lol two pages in and this is the first post to contain the word oil

Emerson Cod posted:

Operation Iraqi Liberation, OIL for short.

No joke, they changed the name when the public figured it out.

lfield posted:

oil and arms companies wanted it to happen

Sintax posted:

GW Bush and DICK Cheney decided to create a destabilizing effect in the region that they KNEW would lead to factions like ISIS destabilizing the region for decades! It is a planned effect to maintain control of this region through chaos

Hmmmm how cheap is oil if the country never has a chance to emplace a goverment that can defend themselves from America!
:confused:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Idk why we care about the middle east so much it's going to destroy itself in nuclear war when India and Pakistan nuke each other. Same for Israel and Iran.

Although it probably is just going to be Israel turning the middle east into a parking lot because Iran shot one missile at them that missed and blew up in the ocean.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pakistan and india have had lots of chances to nuke each other but it turns out that MAD works even for kooky foreigns with weird turban gods.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
A nuclear war is not going to start by one of the governments shooting a missile, it's probs going to be some retards sneaking a nuke into a city.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
nukes are a really huge hassle and get everyones hackles up. why bother when u can kit some dudes out with aks and send them to shoot up a public place, yanno? its not like a nuclear explosion in new delhi is going to have people going "dang, who coulda done this... its a real puzzler, better hold off on retaliation until we get this one figured out..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The point is they are retards that's why they do, the only thing keeping us from nuclear war is the human capacity for rational thought.

• Locked thread