Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
up the apples and pears mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I think they are but sort of in a friendly way OP, at least nowadays

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
The first and second world wars wiped out most of the good British genes. What was left wised up and emigrated to better countries over the following decades.

All that's left in Britain now is the scum, pretty much. I know because I live here.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

im scum

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I think there are terrible people everywhere and it makes me sad when people hate each other for their nationality. Also British people aren't nearly as funny as everyone thinks they are

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I think there are terrible people everywhere and it makes me sad when people hate each other for their nationality. Also British people aren't nearly as funny as everyone thinks they are

Are you British then?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I honestly think that hating people because of their nationality is very efficient when there's a whole country full of ugly retards like Britain.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Inevitable posted:

I honestly think that hating people because of their nationality is very efficient when there's a whole country full of ugly retards like Britain.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Thoughts about Britain, from the perspective of an American who went to London once.

1. The Eton Wall Game is nuts. It's just a bunch of dudes shoving around to move a ball downfield, except nobody has scored since like the thirties? But they still play it?

2. I went to this fish and chip place, it had no menu, you just gave this angry looking dude £5 and got like a pizza box full of fries with two big filets on it. They should have those here.

3. The British Museum is pretty rad. They sometimes even admit everything's stolen!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Getting roughly buttfucked by your betters at Eton is the true path to political enlightenment. Take that buggering Nigel, for Queen and country!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

brick cow posted:

Whats with the calling your dollars pounds? Also whats a p and what a quid?

Whats with you calling your cents pence? You want pence, you come back here and kneel in obeisance to the Queen :colbert:

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

Getting roughly buttfucked by your betters at Eton is the true path to political enlightenment. Take that buggering Nigel, for Queen and country!

Eton makes a lot more sense when you consider Britain as the world's largest pedophile scheme.
Buggery and nonces are pervasive throughout British society. I thought the British were being panicky with their whole paedophile panic but in Britain if you leave your kid out of sight for 5 minutes it probably will be raped.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
theyre a harmless bunch of goofballs op

Fluo
May 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCKVD9578eQ

Fluo
May 25, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

up the apples and pears mate

iodine

iodine > anti septic [septic (tank) > yank] > anti american :devil:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mum the bloody woggos knocked me rubbish bins all askew

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
British people don't understand how to use the word "quite" because they are quite retarded

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Goodpancakes posted:

People who go to Eton aren't called Nigel - they're called Quentin, Oliver, Tarquin, Hugo etc...

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Thoughts about Britain, from the perspective of an American who went to London once.

2. I went to this fish and chip place, it had no menu, you just gave this angry looking dude £5 and got like a pizza box full of fries with two big filets on it. They should have those here.

If you just randomly wandered into a chippy, you almost certainly went into a mediocre one.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
cor m8 me plumehane done a lorry frog wise!! right out in the street m8!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

If you just randomly wandered into a chippy, you almost certainly went into a mediocre one.

Quite probably! The food wasn't amazing but there was a ton of it and the guy running it seemed to be seconds away from sword crime.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

gnarlyhotep posted:

I think they are inbred because they live on an island for hundreds of years

This.

The British govt and healthcare communities try to hush it up, but around 2%-3% of of newborns in Britain are born with vestigial tails.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Wales is cool, I went out in pontardawe on Friday and got really hosed up and so did everyone else and I've been feeling rough all weekend lmao!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Quite probably! The food wasn't amazing but there was a ton of it and the guy running it seemed to be seconds away from sword crime.

To be fair, the people serving you look like murderers even in the good ones.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
brits call eggs "chicken beans" hahaha loving what the gently caress

Killer Low Life
Sep 6, 2010

up scumbag

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
British way to say gun is "thing-we-don't-know-what-it-is-because-we-don't-dare-protect-our-rights."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You guys still have kings and lords and stuff. That's pretty quaint.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

in England we call elevators "mystery uppy-downy boxes" and sidewalks are moonwalks and you have to go backwards on them (not in a car though that will get you arrested!) and the people wearing white hats get to overtake you.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Famous british rappers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9b8WRouPBw

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

in England we call elevators "mystery uppy-downy boxes" and sidewalks are moonwalks and you have to go backwards on them (not in a car though that will get you arrested!) and the people wearing white hats get to overtake you.

Also they would pronounce your name "Inverted Comma-Un Inverted Comma"

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Some of them op. Some of them. Also cold and wet but I'm Canadian so it didn't seem so bad. hth.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

lol is this what people listen to

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I went to Britain and it turned me retarded!!!

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

I went to Britain and it turned me retarded!!!

oi m8 they done fagged on you innit

Fluo
May 25, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

lol is this what people listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeCwr9MmiIc

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The British have a more boring baseball called cricket.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

See in America I've been asked whether or not we have rivers and had people honestly suprised that black people also live in the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Whorelord posted:

See in America I've been asked whether or not we have rivers and had people honestly suprised that black people also live in the UK

my expression after reading this

and :wtc:

• Locked thread