Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

The week in UFC
  • Only a couple of weeks after the announcement that former WWE superstar Phil “CM Punk” Brooks was entering the world of MMA and joining the UFC roster, the buzz hasn’t died down at all, with fans, pundits and fighters all debating this hot button topic.
  • CM Punk gave an interview with TSN's Off The Record host Michael Landsberg and things got somewhat heated! Check the full interview out below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLwcYhWwu4
  • This past weekend's card and final event of 2014 was Fight Night Barueri: Machida vs. Dollaway.
  • During the broadcast the UFC made a special announcement, former Light Heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson signed with UFC and will return to the octagon in 2015. Welcome back, Rampage!
  • Whoops! Don't adjust your set! If you were wondering why Fox Sports 1 started to broadcast a replay of UFC 173 during Saturday's broadcast, your DVR is not combusting. FS1 experienced technical difficulties and lost the feed from Brazil temporarily prior to the co-main event, however the feed returned shortly before the beginning of the upcoming match.
  • In the co-main event, former Bantamweight champion Renan Barão defeated Canadian Mitch Gagnon via arm-triangle choke in the 3rd round in Barão's first bout since losing the title to current champion TJ Dillashaw.

• The featured bout was a 5 round middleweight main event between Lyoto Machida and C.B. Dollaway. Machida won the fight in the first minute of the 1st round with a body kick to the ribs of Dollaway, followed up by a series of punches rendering him unable to continue.

• Important news for Canadian UFC fans! TSN has acquired broadcast rights to televised UFC content in Canada. They will air live events, including prelim bouts from PPV cards, North American UFC Fight Night events, and The Ultimate Fighter. The Fight Network will be Canada's home for international UFC Fight Night cards and prelim broadcasts for non-PPV cards.
  • The Bantamweight division takes some hard hits amongst its top contenders this week. Former Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz who returned from a staggering 35 month injury layoff to defeat Takeya Mizugaki back at UFC 178, has undergone ACL surgery on the opposite knee that kept him out of competition for so long. There is not yet word of a timeline for his recovery.
  • Raphael Assunção is another name to add to the Bantamweight injury list, announcing that he has suffered a broken ankle. He will not require surgery but will be out of action for 8-10 weeks.
  • That's all for 2014, so long! Happy holidays and we'll see you on January 3 next year for UFC 182: Jones vs. Cormier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Christmas is a time for everyone to come together in celebration. Come on PSP, let's enjoy the festivities all together!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

great raw got to see lyoto kill a dude's liver

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vince McMahon is a millionaire who will never be a billionaire

That is what I am thankful for this holiday

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I wish you told me you were doing this before I made a RAW RECAP YOU JACK rear end!!!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

All I want for Christmas is that stupid kendo stick/turnbuckle spot to loving go away.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
big show vs roy nelson in an ultimate girth match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Can we get that Severn vs Shamrock review in here?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
this is the better thread

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lid posted:

this is the better thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This thread is for everyone, not just the people that enjoy former home of UFC fight CM Punk

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Are those video game fighters?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
We lost a lot of good people, RIP Nelson Mandela, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Bryan

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I like the intense looking short-haired dude with the sticking out ears

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Blasmeister posted:

I like the intense looking short-haired dude with the sticking out ears

That's Jose "Scarface" Aldo, he got his name due to the large scar he has on his cheek from his mouth that he got as a child when his sisters rolled him into a barbeque pit.

He is a beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzI7A4ZBtM

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
I don't watch MMA but I must admit I have a bit of a crush on "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey. :allears:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Lid posted:

That's Jose "Scarface" Aldo, he got his name due to the large scar he has on his cheek from his mouth that he got as a child when his sisters rolled him into a barbeque pit.

He is a beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzI7A4ZBtM

i think you missed the hilarious joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't watch MMA but I must admit I have a bit of a crush on "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey. :allears:

She has good taste though.

Ronda Rousey and Brock Lesnar, bringing PSP together since forever :allears:

• Locked thread