Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

and it loving OWNED/. But two things:

1) he hasnt been home for 2 year and so many hundred days or whatever, but theyre a horse ride away? lmao he could have gone home for lunch every day in between killing Germans.

2) the heaven sequence at the end was just unnecessary.

but apart from that it got me super pumped, i was sat in my chair getting hype af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah gladiator had a few problems, come over to my cool dude hang out Master and Commander thread for some good Russel Crowe chat as well as a lot of naval combat chat with other like minded cool dudes (like you)

it was that thread that made me watch gladiator. I just watched Master and Commander for the first time ever the other day.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

when it came out you watched it for Russell Crowe but now you watch it for Joaquin Phoenix because dude owns in this. Retard beta emperor crying while he rubs his boner on his sister and hopes she'll take the initiative and gently caress him, poo poo owns.

Yeah he was beta as hell. Also really, really handsome as well as a brilliant performance.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

vyst posted:

The real question is which one is better Braveheart or Gladiator

Braveheart never did it for me im afraid.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

fun fact: this came out duringa family holiday in america but we waited until the uk release because americans like to whoop and cheer during films.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

my dad lived in the states for a whiel.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i -believe- this observation was made during Back to the future 3 but the memory of that conversation si extremey hazy.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

no real opinion but i have a feelinfg that they will be the next big thing for idiot girls with too much money in islington and the guardian will do a huge G2 spread on them and meeting new people at parties will be even more of a malady of cliches and inevitable conversational threads than it is currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

recent historical examples: frumpy girls knitting on the tube and people changing 'fairy cakes' to 'cupcakes' because they want to pretend theyre from new ytork

• Locked thread