Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
A game where you can't kill the monster? What's the deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seriously it's on Steam sale and I like the movie. But the idea of a game where you run from a bad guy for 6 hours seems like the novelty might get real old real quick. Any IMP reviews?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
buy it to help your good friends at sega

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
what does opa-opa eat

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
these aliens.. are MAKIN' ME THIRSTY!! for a better game

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Whoever said there's no real monsters.... Never battled with an alien.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
They already made a game where you kill the Alien, OP. Its name is Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Seriously it's on Steam sale and I like the movie. But the idea of a game where you run from a bad guy for 6 hours seems like the novelty might get real old real quick. Any IMP reviews?

game is way longer than 6 hours.

had a great time though. if you like survival horror and stealth gameplay its made especially for you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like the idea of scavenging items to survive a la alone in the dark remake but i feel like it will also be poorly done and confusing as poo poo

is this game worth actually playing? :confused:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Personally i would just watch the bro team alien videos if i were you

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

WTF is... this lovely thread?!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Larry Parrish posted:

i like the idea of scavenging items to survive a la alone in the dark remake but i feel like it will also be poorly done and confusing as poo poo

do you like a pervading sense of being the hunted and knowing there is very little you can do about it

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Waiting on the ulala costume dlc for ripley jr.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

is good
had fun

ymmv

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I played this with friends and didn't make it past the first stealth section because we didn't realize the kinect was listening to us. Cool feature, but we felt really fuckin dumb when we figured it out

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It sounded like it had some cool ideas (as you progress through the game the Alien AI starts unlocking new and harder behaviors, they tried to make a good portion of the enemy behaviors have recognizable audio cues, etc.), but from what I've heard the game is longer than it needed to be and kind of overstays its welcome.

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

I played this with friends and didn't make it past the first stealth section because we didn't realize the kinect was listening to us. Cool feature, but we felt really fuckin dumb when we figured it out

that is actually pretty cool

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
a horror game is only good so long as nothing fucks up. the moment something fucks up its not scary and it takes you out of it. like amnesias fucktarded enemy ai made it so you could get a clear look at the enemies and realize they're dumb looking as poo poo. a 20 hour long horror game seems like a bad idea imo, when amnesia was like 6 hours long and barely held together at best

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Schnedwob posted:

Haha that's really cool, that a person might have to for example put their dog in the yard in order that the video game monster not hear it

RoboJiggolo
Aug 16, 2004

More Than Meets the Eye
I did like the game.

It was however, overly long, and it got repetitive, especially having to cross the same large areas of the station several times each. (You flipped that switch? Alright, go right the gently caress back where you came from and take the elevator now.)
It got to where I was more scared of having to repeat a forty-five minute long section of map, rather than afraid of the drat alien itself.
Sometimes the AI was inconsistent, the alien was alternately the most oblivious thing in the universe, and practically freaking psychic. One time I exited one of those commodore 64 pc screens and about poo poo myself - the alien was standing right in front of me, and it just turned and walked away. I assumed it was a bug regarding the computers - nope, it got me a couple of times while I was looking at those PCs, it had just picked that one time to go blind and retarded.
Spoiler - The "ending" - a cliffhanger, was a real disappointment.

Despite all that, I loved the atmosphere of the game, and all the expansion/filling out it made on the alien universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
there is a point about 20 minutes into the game where you have to go through some ducts or something because your character cant vault over a shin high barrier and i said i dont like this game and have played no more since.

• Locked thread