Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Your parents were putting the presents out and if you were poor you parents didn't love you enough to buy you what you wanted for Christmas. Sorry to ruin this for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Thanks for ruining Christmas, dick.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Satan is real, and he reigns over the earth

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Wow. Really uncalled for, you big jerk.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Lmfao if you don't believe in the yul goat

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
snata is real but he doesn't visit sodomites, that's the reason behind ur confusion 3o :mad:

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
also Hermione dies at the end of the series.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Thanks for ruining Christmas, dick.

My sister was talking about fake Santa the other day and my step-sister made shh-ed her because her children are idiots apparently so I figured this was an important public service.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What about the Krampus?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Also if you were Jewish it was because you had terrible and/or poor parents that didn't love you enough to buy you whatever you wanted for Christmas.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Three Olives posted:

My sister was talking about fake Santa the other day and my step-sister made shh-ed her because her children are idiots apparently so I figured this was an important public service.

does your sister also have a condo and a disdain for minorities?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Three Olives posted:

Your parents were putting the presents out and if you were poor you parents didn't love you enough to buy you what you wanted for Christmas. Sorry to ruin this for you.

actually i got a lot of cool stuff for christmas and when i became an athiest and no longer believed in santa i resented all the money my parents wasted on cheap consumerist crap instead of doing actual cool things

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i think it's cool that we lie to children and then traumatize and disillusion them forever when they find out that the magic and wonder they felt was all a sham

i'm not being sarcastic or ironic or whatever, i legitimately think it owns that we as a culture do this

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Cnut the Great posted:

i think it's cool that we lie to children and then traumatize and disillusion them forever when they find out that the magic and wonder they felt was all a sham

i'm not being sarcastic or ironic or whatever, i legitimately think it owns that we as a culture do this

it's similar to when your family makes you kill an animal for the first time.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Santa is real, I should know because I've just had to be santa for the third year in a row.

If Santa never visited you as a kid, your parents just suck at christmas.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

error1 posted:

Santa is real, I should know because I've just had to be santa for the third year in a row.

If Santa never visited you as a kid, your parents just suck at christmas.

santa was my neighbor dave.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

My family is trying to get me to be Saint Nick for the big family xmas party next year. I have this thing about lying to little kids though. I haven't given them an answer yet.

Thanks for the advice OP. Maybe if I tell my family that the fat man doesn't exist then they won't try to turn me into him.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tumbleweed Chingada posted:

My family is trying to get me to be Saint Nick for the big family xmas party next year. I have this thing about lying to little kids though. I haven't given them an answer yet.

Thanks for the advice OP. Maybe if I tell my family that the fat man doesn't exist then they won't try to turn me into him.

this is your chance to be a drunk santa and scar children. take it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Also Santa promotes obesity by perpetuating the idea that fat people are jolly and not human trash. But thanks to the fat guy that bought me a shot last night.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

it's similar to when your family makes you kill an animal for the first time.

yeah except the santa thing is obviously a little less universal

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
poo poo like this is why gay people are getting killed in Uganda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Modern Day Hercules posted:

poo poo like this is why gay people are getting killed in Uganda.

i here this then i remember the eat the poo poo guy in my head and laugh and figure uganda is okay.

• Locked thread