Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I was going to resolve to be a better person but I guess an lp of Super-Man 64 is what I really deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Here's my incomplete Let's Play of Corps Party Book of Shadows. Enjoy, Op. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpc3R2rzXqI

This is for the gamers on Page 2 of this thread.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Mach2 posted:

I was going to resolve to be a better person but I guess an lp of Super-Man 64 is what I really deserve

it is what the world deserves

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
interest check: a spergmodo dwarf fort game with subforum involvement in decisions made and dwarves named after posters

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Schnedwob posted:

interest check: a spergmodo dwarf fort game with subforum involvement in decisions made and dwarves named after posters

i'd like a dwarf fortress lp done like the king of dragon pass one that was in this forum because a lot of dwarf fortress stuff is hilarious but even more of it is boring

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
I've booted up my copy of the slender man and the scare cam is pointed and ready to go

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

just do whatever the hell and if people don't like it call them shitlords and close the thread
ah, the bonzibuddy method

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cutscene Powers posted:

I've booted up my copy of the slender man and the scare cam is pointed and ready to go

LOL

Pewdiepie posted:

Here's my incomplete Let's Play of Corps Party Book of Shadows. Enjoy, Op. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpc3R2rzXqI

added to the op, thanks for actually doing something besides making limp dick jokes or excuses

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Devour or Fire posted:

added to the op, thanks for actually doing something besides making limp dick jokes or excuses
I loving love jokes about limp dicks.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i've thought about it but i can never decide what game to lp?? every single game ever made has been lped at this point so i won't be the first to it so i gotta make it good. advice??

what game you lp isn't as important as the personality you bring to the lp. a good way to carve out an lp niche for yourself is, you can call yourself "the ____ gamer" where the blank describes a thing, often an attitude. like "the sarcastic gamer," though i bet that has been used. that way, people know what they're getting into, and if you have a novel idea for what attitude to adopt, you may even thrive. they can settle in, a mug of beverage in hand, knowing what to expect.

please look forward to my new series "the race realist gamer" where i will play games, and talk about the issues that affect society today.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

please look forward to my new series "the race realist gamer" where i will play games, and talk about the issues that affect society today.

new years resolution: try out lp gimmicks until one sticks

the wheezy gamer
the terminal gamer
the one armed bandit
the clown gamer
the animal neglect gamer

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
let's play xcom with: the blind gamer

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

let's play xcom with: the blind gamer

Lol, all of my yes.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
rofl oh man I just thought up a crazy loving gimmick. imagine if you, like, put the effort into making an enjoyable lp of one of your favorite games for everybody to enjoy? holy poo poo that would be wild

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Devour or Fire posted:

rofl oh man I just thought up a crazy loving gimmick. imagine if you, like, put the effort into making an enjoyable lp of one of your favorite games for everybody to enjoy? holy poo poo that would be wild
Okay, but where's the money?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
What's the hook here fire

Where's the sizzle n spice

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh yeah, let me just make free let's plays for everyone to enjoy, and then I'll go down to McDonald's and work an unpaid 8-hour shift making free hamburgers before I give away all my stuff for free and vote Democrat.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Devour or Fire posted:

I tried to do this already

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Has anyone done a good LP of Metal Gear Solid?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey you wanted to read my LP, did you? I need constant validation, it's why I post like this.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm thinking of Let's Playing a little known action RPG called "Of Orcs and Men". It's pretty generic in setting but I really liked it and it's the kind of game I want to raise awareness about.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Devour or Fire posted:

i already did that, and im going to do it again, u mother ucker

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

net cafe scandal posted:

rchimp did one and he owns

he did twin snakes which is good because twin snakes owns

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Chip & Ironicus did one, too, both that one and the RChimp one were Very Good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey you wanted to read my LP, did you? I need constant validation, it's why I post like this.

I read the first few pages, I thought it was decent, but definitely not as funny as your Klonoalike thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I read the first few pages, I thought it was decent, but definitely not as funny as your Klonoalike thread.
Oh yeah that thread should have gotten goldmined. Lost forever, sadly.

And yeah I stopped it once the joke stopped being funny.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

does anyone make im plays

its where you dont record it but still talk to yourself because schizophrenia

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I talk to other people and tell them what im doing but it's over the internet and i aint streaming lol owned

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
nowadays the best way to make a lp is to stream it and have guests and then post the streams if they're good later with minimal editing

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Schnedwob posted:

I'd be down to be an overseer or do a companion lp in the same world in adventure mode

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Doctor Goat posted:

nowadays the best way to make a lp is to stream it and have guests and then post the streams if they're good later with minimal editing

Yeah this is a pro move, usually all you gotta do is make cuts

However another pro move is to record 2 straight hours and every 10 minutes take a break and then after the break say welcome back to game grumps.

Anyway i bought enemy within in the steam sale so who wants to watch an xcom lp with the long war mod

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
tietuesday played mario rpg for 9 hours straight as one session b/c he had a reason he couldn't sleep and it is a good video once it's cut into chunks

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I sorta want to LP Majesty but it'll be really flawed and tasteless crapola

Also it would be screenshot text LP but that would take effort unlike doing a stream

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

woofbro posted:

I sorta want to LP Majesty but it'll be really flawed and tasteless crapola

Also it would be screenshot text LP but that would take effort unlike doing a stream

do it as post commentary and fastforward all the boring parts so it's like 10x speed except when you want to explain something or show off a sweet battle or show off what's unique on a level

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
The most important element of any good MGS let's play is "shhh, you have to pay attention to this part, it's really important later"

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just contributed to the CK2 challenge run thread in the LP forum if y'all want to check it out.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
My New Years resolution is to completely unplug from the "IronyNet" (how I internally refer to Steam, all the forums that I post on, etc.) for a period of 6 months starting on January 1st, 2015

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish imp zone would unplug from the ironynet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

My New Years resolution is to completely unplug from the "IronyNet" (how I internally refer to Steam, all the forums that I post on, etc.) for a period of 6 months starting on January 1st, 2015

See you on the other side, Sir AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Sir AIDS posted:

Good luck, Sir AIDS. May you find what you are looking for

• Locked thread