Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SeXReX posted:

do single segment lets plays with a timer count?

Yes. Speedruns count. Congrats on doing a bunch of LPs.

I would actually like mini-LPs that were speedruns of glitchy games w/ explanations of what's going on and what the glitches mean, cosmo did a really good one explaining reverse bottle adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i've thought about it but i can never decide what game to lp?? every single game ever made has been lped at this point so i won't be the first to it so i gotta make it good. advice??

just do whatever the hell and if people don't like it call them shitlords and close the thread

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Schnedwob posted:

interest check: a spergmodo dwarf fort game with subforum involvement in decisions made and dwarves named after posters

i'd like a dwarf fortress lp done like the king of dragon pass one that was in this forum because a lot of dwarf fortress stuff is hilarious but even more of it is boring

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

net cafe scandal posted:

Has anyone done a good LP of Metal Gear Solid?

rchimp did one and he owns

he did twin snakes which is good because twin snakes owns

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
nowadays the best way to make a lp is to stream it and have guests and then post the streams if they're good later with minimal editing

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
tietuesday played mario rpg for 9 hours straight as one session b/c he had a reason he couldn't sleep and it is a good video once it's cut into chunks

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

woofbro posted:

I sorta want to LP Majesty but it'll be really flawed and tasteless crapola

Also it would be screenshot text LP but that would take effort unlike doing a stream

do it as post commentary and fastforward all the boring parts so it's like 10x speed except when you want to explain something or show off a sweet battle or show off what's unique on a level

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

zelgadis posted:

The most important element of any good MGS let's play is "shhh, you have to pay attention to this part, it's really important later"

any time you have a game with long rear end cutscenes the best thing to do if you have funny/interesting things to say is just to turn subtitles on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Silver Striker posted:

If I'm going to Let's Play a PC game, what do you guys recommend for capture software? I figured I could use something simple like Audacity for audio, but for video it seems like there are a few options and I'm not sure what the best one is.

OBS is the best. Shadowplay is good. Fraps is okay.

• Locked thread