Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"Every pit bull I've met was a sweetheart" - psychotic wife of man killed by blood sport dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pit bull owners should consider forming some sort of alliance with gun nuts to further their quest of eradicating all kids.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe nobody should own dogs purpose bred specifically to be murderers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dogs good, pit bulls dishonorably discharged from the dog alliance.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are you the guy who advocate dog fighting in some other GBS thread about pit bulls?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

jalopybrown posted:

It's a combat sport with rules & weight limits, no different than mma but with teeth, it would be better for the dogs if it were legal because then trained vets could be onsite to supply care quicker in the rare events it's needed.

lol right mma fighters murder each other with blades strapped to their feet

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

jalopybrown posted:

:rolleyes: not all animal fights are to the death, you can have cockfights without spurs and the animal is free to back down and lose.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that throughout history dog baiter and cock fighting rings have been great champions of animal welfare and not bloodthirsty gamblers without a drop of conscience.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

jalopybrown posted:

It costs time and money to train an animal to the pinnacle of its fighting ability, you peta-tards like the animals being murdered to death more because it makes good propaganda against animal sporting events.

If you are so starved to masturbate to two unintelligent beings beat the crap out of each other while other retards cheer on, just go watch mma or whatever, don't bring innocent animals into it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Superconsndar posted:

APBTs were actually exclusively developed by dog fighters, for dog fighting, and most of the people most deeply involved in the breed were just APBT enthusiasts who developed strict sets of rules around the breeding, fighting, and conditioning dogs for the pit. They did not use bait dogs and the dogs were never trained to fight, they simply did it because they bred the drive to go for other dogs into them- like the desire to herd in a collie or for a lab to retrieve. Some of the most famous dogs were fought only 2-3 times in their lifetime, and it was actually considered rare for a dog to die- the goal of a match was to prove gameness in breeding stock; like a herding trial or conformation show proves breeding stock in show or herding dogs. Once a winner is evident the match was usually called, and most people would pick up their dogs if it was obvious they couldn't win- a dog that lost but continued to make scratch (each time a hold is broken, the dogs must be returned to their corners and "scratch"- willingly charge the other dog upon release- to prove that it is still willing to fight) was infinitely more valuable than a winner, since the whole thing was a game test; not "lets watch two dogs eat each other for fun." No one was allowed to sharpen their dogs canines (a ref was required to check each dog to make sure it hadn't been given any "enhancements" in any way) and the two participants were required to bathe each others dog in front of the ref before the match to make sure no poisons or anything that could harm the opponents dog had been applied to either dog's bodies. Dogs were only allowed to be fought within their own weight class and were weighed at the start of the match to make sure no dog was at a greater advantage based on weight. It was basically dog wrestling and deaths were rare- about as statistically common as in horse racing or dog racing (two legal sports.) Spectators gambled, and the winner took a prize, but neither were the goal for the people actually involved in the breeding, conditioning, and fighting of the dogs. (For the most part, obviously there are shitlords in anything.)

As fighting was further criminalized (especially after the '76 welfare act,) more and more serious dogmen left the breed and you were left with criminals who didn't give a poo poo about the dogs and who just thought blood sport was super cool, and that's when matches p much turned into hellish blood baths, rules were discarded, people started "training" lovely dogs that weren't game dogs to "fight" since they didn't have it in them naturally by beating the poo poo out of them and using bait dogs, and it turned into this horrible gambling spectator event that the media portrays it as.

So p much excessive criminalization made dog fighting way worse for the dogs and anyone who actually cared about them got out of them because they didn't want to go to jail and everything is hosed and we can just euth all the pit bulls already bc who cares poo poo and piss

Hm, nice, but this gentlemanly depiction is in sharp contrast with the observations of any of the animal welfare activists of the day. i don't say fights like that didn't occur in certain circles, but for most of the society dog fighting was developed as a cheaper alternative to bear baiting and bull baiting and was practiced under appalling conditions.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mange Mite posted:

Hm yes a bunch of weirdo busybodies with no expertise and a fringe ageNDA sure sound like a great reliable source

Lets bring back prohibition too while were at it

not murdering animals for fun = fringe agenda

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Pickaninny means something different though. It means a black child. It's not racist, it's just a descriptive term. I was racist because I compared you to a pickaninny in a way that insinuated that neither you nor the pickaninnies had very much mental capacity. Which is true.

Today's niggardly approach to language is a real tar baby.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Niggardly is not a racist term it just sounds like it should be.

Same goes for tar baby.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sounds like pretty poo poo dogs.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Superconsndar posted:

Lmao I spend years learning pedigrees so that I can pick the best game bred dog possible (this means the most dog aggressive dog possible!! That's what they're for!) but hold up lemme euth it for doing exactly what it's bred to do lmfao omg gbs

Geez, I spend years picking the best rifle for killing children, and as soon as I start shooting up this school they want to take it away from me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You loving retards don't get that it's a goddamn art to get animals so hateful of each other as my darlings. I tried to throw piranhas into the mix recently, but they got obliterated by the sleep depraved snapping turtles, that's like five hundred bucks of wasted investment, but I don't mind because it proves my choices of fine-bred game animals have been flawless you jealous shits.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm a responsible representative of the PI and I say it's absolutely normal to keep incompatible animals locked up in separate rooms and rotate them based on a schedule. I also keep a beaker of bleach and an open bottle of ammonia precariously balanced on the edge of my night table.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 31, 2014

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm a great pet owner because I've needlessly created a nightmarish situation in my household, but I'm able to handle it most of the time.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

lol if you saw her house the only part of it that's a warzone is where she's probably flung her laptop at the wall because of you fuckin people. it's the most cookie cutter martha stewart poo poo, you wouldn't even believe it. If she held pit fights you'd need a monocle to attend that poo poo.

Shut up, my puppy murdering arena is kept pristine and tastefully decorated.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You guys need to understand that land mines aren't bad, they were made to blow off kids' legs, that's why they were prized, so please stop banning them, there are land mine aficionados who enjoy them responsibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Nice pictures, I guess the noble, cute and fully independent Germans can't harm the minorities within their enclosure. In fact I guess we should ask the pit bulls to keep peace throughout your estate, until a righteous communist revolt sees you executed and your family's property redistribted.

• Locked thread