Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
I'm not reading 20 pages but has SuperCondensor arrived yet to 'ironically' defend pitbulls even though they have already eaten a puppy and would happily kill her and everyone she cares about?

These things were specifically bred for a purpose that is now illegal (maiming/killing other dogs), so should all be sterilized.

e: when you have to breed pigs just to feed them to your deathhounds (and hopefully sate their bloodlust for another week) something is terribly wrong.

My Lil Parachute fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
I propose we ban pitbulls, but they deserve better than a needle to the neck. Let's build a giant walled televised arena and airdrop in the nation's pitbulls as they are discovered. The dogs will go down doing what they were bred to do, pitbull nutters get to watch battles to the death, and the rest of us will be finally free of the pitbull curse. Everyone wins.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

dirtycajun posted:

I will then train corgis to kill each other in hopes your final solution gets used again.

If you're going to go for novelty fights, what about starting with Pugs? They're another useless dog breed that should be discarded in favor of more noble breeds, such as the Maremma

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Did a pitbull gently caress your mom while you watched or something
Think of the sort of person that, out of all possible dog breeds, sees Pit Bulls and their atrocious murder record and things "yep that's the dog for me".

We would all be better off if these people followed their pits into the Arena, perhaps to provide precious nutrients between fights.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

PartyCrown posted:

u see some of us like dogs that can actually Do Things (tm)
My dogs have murdered the gently caress out of prey animals and would probably eat any cat that made it over the 6ft fence, but are not bred for unprovoked aggression to humans and other dogs. This is because, unlike pitbull owners, I'm not a complete psychopath.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
Herding dogs! Smart, athletic, generally don't eat people.
Retrievers! Probably a bit dumber, carry things in their mouths everywhere, good family dogs
Livestock Guardian Dogs! Intelligent & loyal, ideal "exotic" dog for apartment owners.
Spitz breeds! Awesome if you like cats but think they're too small and not fluffy enough
Pitbulls! Bred to kill other dogs, have a history of murdering children & other peoples animals, but "Killer would never do that he's always cuddly" *escapes fence and attacks a girl & her lab*

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

dirtycajun posted:

If you don't make your fence higher to deter cats you are basically a psychopath for feeding cats to your blood soaked beasts.
Crazy cat man in my street has so many cats he'd never notice one missing. I fully expect one day to come home and find a cat head w/spine.

I suppose I could electrify my fence?

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Would you like an actual education about dogs or would you like to keep gobbling the knob of retards
Please tell me what reason I should buy a pitbull-mix when there are so many cool breeds that aren't aggressive around.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

PartyCrown posted:

lgd sometimes eat one of the animals they're supposed to be guarding for whatever reason! racing huskies get way loving wound up before a race and can turn into bitey fuckers!
Yeah but a lgd that went on a murder spree would be put down, not explicitly bred from because it's Game.

quote:

people just need to not be loving stupid about the sorts of dogs they own and things will be better (but that will never happen because rescuemoms and show breeders ruin everything)

yup.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

No "breed" is non aggressive 100%. Dogs are all varying degrees of assholes, yeah. But do you even know what makes up a pit? What are you qualifying as "aggression"?
Not Prey Drive. Pitbull-mixes seem to have the bad combination of wanting to attack people.dogs, being strong enough to cause damage, and have a reputation of being a "mean dog" for retards to own.

No-one cares about a bitey rat-dog because a pack of them won't race up to little Susie walking her poodle and rip it to bits.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

An LGD that went on a murder spree for the right reason would be worth it's weight in gold you stupid gently caress
You were talking about a LGD that attacked the animals it was supposed to be guarding you pitbull-loving cretin.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

So I guess you think gay dudes have a lisp too eh, Mr. Stereotypes
I would link to this weeks results for "pitbull dog" on google news, but we both know it'll be a bunch of pitbull-induced carnage.

Stereotypes exist because they're often true.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

No I wasn't you goddamn retard shitbastard
Then allow me to clarify, Lord/Lady Autism: If a LGD flipped out and murdered the flock of whatever it was supposed to be guarding, the owner wouldn't go "hurrr it has KIlLER INSTINCTS let's breed it", they'd shoot the bloody thing like it (and all pitbulls) deserves.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

PartyCrown posted:

i don't think you really understand the word aggression lil' dude
Prey Drive: wanting to catch/eat anything small that runs away, not generally a threat to people / other dogs
Dog aggression: Being a risk to other dogs. Owning a highly DA animal without containing it makes you a selfish prick. Other people shouldn't have their dogs put at risk when yours eventually escapes.
Human aggression: Unless highly trained for an explicit purpose these should be culled on sight.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

PartyCrown posted:

idk man maremma are known to be excellent family dogs (especially if you're tall)
let's compromise and agree maremma are underrated and should be in petstores everywhere.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
no-one cares

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

please clarify Cesar

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
Fine let's google news Pit Bull dog.

Pet Pit Bull Dog Attacks 3-Week-Old In Canada International Business Times AU‎ - 16 hours ago

VANCOUVER — An elderly man was attacked by two pit bull dogs outside a Langley, B.C., dollar store

Delaware police dog injured in attack by pit bull Delmarva Daily Times‎ - 5 hours ago

Man Mauled To Death By Pet Pit Bull On Christmas Day Huffington Post‎ - 1 day ago

2 pit bulls allegedly attack Oklahoma child kfor.com‎ - 1 day ago Authorities say a 10-year-old boy was outside playing when two pit bull dogs allegedly attacked him.

Voice of the Reader: Little dog killed by pit bull The Southern‎ - 22 hours ago We were walking past a house when two pit bulls pushed open the door of the house, ran down the ramp and attacked my dog.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
Even if you assume half those dogs aren't actually pitbulls there are still a lot of attacks going on.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
or is this a No True Scotsman, where if it attacks, it can't be a pit?

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
my obese lab

he lives in my apartment in a crate most of the time, but I let him out to do a pee for 10 mins when I get home from work.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
post pictures of your murderdogs imo

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

PartyCrown posted:

pls tell me how you feel about "urban youth"
we don't have them in my country :shrug:

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

PartyCrown posted:

yes please tell us about your lovely driveless husky from unproven show lines who has never done anything meaningful

He likes eating cockatoos. I'm not sure how he catches them.

e: He'd undoubtedly get his arse handed to him by racing huskies but still lives to run like mad. And won't do a thing unless there is food in it for him.

My Lil Parachute fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 31, 2014

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
Lacking snow (for the most part) people do silly things like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hHVqEz3bhM

The heat's the biggest problem.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
seriously tho have you fed the pigs to the pits yet?

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You guys have to understand: they don't "flip out" and kill everything. This is what they were made to do.

I think literally everyone here knows this, and given their entire reason for being is abhorrent, they should be bred out of existence.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
Like no-one would care if pits only attacked each other or their owners, but it sucks when idiots don't realise what their dog is capable of and let it kill/maim other people & their pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

dirtycajun posted:

I can assure you Super doesn't take her kill beasts out in public to maim and murder as they please. They are stuck on a ranch surrounded by pigs and goats and a very doofy LGD.
As long as they are adequately secured that's fine with me. Morons who ignore leash laws / have lovely fencing and let a pack of pitbulls roam are the problem.

DenialTwist posted:

You are really mad about dogs on the internet. Good job.
Yeah good point I should probably go to sleep.

• Locked thread