Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Just...why? What is there to be gained by making people roll their eyes so drat hard at your stupid publicly depressed posts? Keep that poo poo inside like the rest of us well adjusted folks thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
no. gently caress you.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its a coping mechanism

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Like :thumbsup:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Facebook is only good for making your life seem like an incredible adventure through carefully curated albums and status updates and if you don't get that then smdh

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

unlimited shrimp posted:

Facebook is only good for making your life seem like an incredible adventure through carefully curated albums and status updates and if you don't get that then smdh

See this guy gets it. when u start posting real life hardships it's like jeez get that poo poo outta here I'm trying to enjoy these #blessed people.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
sigh...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's hard to trust people sometimes.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Reading all the depressed updates makes me feel better about myself. It's like if I personally knew the posters in e/n.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

its a coping mechanism

a really poo poo one at that.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Feeling ugh...some ppl...

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
gently caress my life...

today just today got to me...

sometimes i wish i was never born at all...

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

feeling: meh.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
A girl I know's just posted that she's been diagnosed with breast cancer. That was pretty depressing imo :)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Facebook is actually one of the leading causes of depression because everyone on your friends list pretend to have such awesome perfect lives and it makes you feel extra depressed about your lovely job and wife that never loved you in comparison

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Wow. Just... Wow.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Someone recently wrote "finally understand meaning of FML, hate how life is sometimes." I just concurred that it's a bummer that lighthouses go out sometimes, FML being a nautical term of course (fix my lighthouse).

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

a guy I went to high school with only posts on facebook about his crohns disease. Just post after post about crohns

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
posted 3 hours ago by a nice young lady i knew from school:

It was exactly one year ago today, that Adam had the horrible realization that we were no longer safe, electronically speaking. At first, he just believed we had been hacked and that he could rectify the problem. By New Years, he realized this wasn't hackers, and that we were actually under surveillance. They were attaching 'virtual' microphones to our laptops, activating voice notes on his phone, and many other bizarre occurrences to ALL of our electronic devices, in our home. They could control and manipulate devices beyond anything we had seen before. Adam was an IT professional, for those of you that think there could have been a simple solution to this problem. This poo poo is real. It does happen. And it can destroy lives. It made Adam feel so completely unsafe, in his own home, that he believed his life was in danger. He wasn't depressed or suicidal, but he always said he would remove himself, if he believed his life was being threatened. He fired multiple shots at the front door, before shooting himself. This was not a simple suicide. They can make you feel like you're crazy/going crazy, and that nothing is safe in this world. Please take these things seriously. Many deaths that appear as suicide, are actually murders.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Fansy posted:

It was exactly one year ago today, that Adam had the horrible realization that we were no longer safe, electronically speaking. At first, he just believed we had been hacked and that he could rectify the problem. By New Years, he realized this wasn't hackers, and that we were actually under surveillance. They were attaching 'virtual' microphones to our laptops, activating voice notes on his phone, and many other bizarre occurrences to ALL of our electronic devices, in our home. They could control and manipulate devices beyond anything we had seen before. Adam was an IT professional, for those of you that think there could have been a simple solution to this problem. This poo poo is real. It does happen. And it can destroy lives. It made Adam feel so completely unsafe, in his own home, that he believed his life was in danger. He wasn't depressed or suicidal, but he always said he would remove himself, if he believed his life was being threatened. He fired multiple shots at the front door, before shooting himself. This was not a simple suicide. They can make you feel like you're crazy/going crazy, and that nothing is safe in this world. Please take these things seriously. Many deaths that appear as suicide, are actually murders.

lol

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

yes, lots of love

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Fansy posted:

Was it this Adam:

quote:

The premise of SnapChat is simple. You take a picture, send it to a friend, and they can only see it for up to 10 seconds before it’s deleted.

And that’s where the lie begins.
?
http://adammclane.com/2013/08/22/why-you-should-delete-snapchat/

Adam was pretty on the ball with them being out to get us.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
if you think about it they're perfectly well adjusted to do that

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I remember the days when you had to have a .edu email address to sign up, and even then, only certain schools had it. Everyone would just post crude jokes about dicks and talk about getting wasted and barfing. Now everyones moms and aunts and poo poo are on there posting about Jesus and breast cancer who just died. gently caress that.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

There's a girl on my FB that last month posted a photo making fun of people who complain all year then are suddenly happy and grateful for everything on Thanksgiving. This past week she posted "wow gently caress Christmas" and "people only like me for my kids" lol way to be a hypocrite there buddy.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
I wish people would stop posting pics of cute mutilated animals :(

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Lol, you read facebook enough that this is a serious problem in your life. That's pathetic.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

Lol, you read facebook enough that this is a serious problem in your life. That's pathetic.

Sorry u don't have enough friends or loved ones in ur life that u don't go on Facebook ever because no one literally cares man. It's ok, just don't complain about that on Facebook please thank u.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

actually its a good thing solely because of this

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Hmmmm problems in life eh? Better go to facebook so I can post how sad I am in between articles on the patriarchy and misogyny in video games

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I know what you mean OP but its all very trite, isn't it? Kind of stupid right, I don't want to talk about mine, that's for sure, much less read any of the others. anyway Great thread

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

InFlames235 posted:

Sorry u don't have enough friends or loved ones in ur life that u don't go on Facebook ever because no one literally cares man. It's ok, just don't complain about that on Facebook please thank u.

You know you can talk to your loved ones in real life? Like person to person, or even on the phone instead of reading status updates and then complaining about them on the internet.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
"Oh my God I can't believe this just happened!! :( :( :( :( "

"hey what happened?"
"OMG ARE YOU OK??"
"WHAT'S GOING ON"
"text me if you need help I'm in ur area babe"

*6 hours later*

"oh hey guys yeah my car stereo stopped working, I was so pissed!!"

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

sexy young infidel posted:

I know what you mean OP but its all very trite, isn't it? Kind of stupid right, I don't want to talk about mine, that's for sure, much less read any of the others. anyway Great thread

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
You're saying my reply was better if I'm reading this correctly... I agree

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

You know you can talk to your loved ones in real life? Like person to person, or even on the phone instead of reading status updates and then complaining about them on the internet.

I know, the ones I'm talking about aren't the real friends that I'd actually want to talk to in real life, though. They are the acquaintances from high school and other places that I'm just too lazy/don't care enough to delete.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Just push hide idiot

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
My facebook friend posted on facebook that he was committing suicide before slashing his wrists, and then someone saw the post and called an ambulance and they went round to his house and were able to treat him and save his life. Facebook literally saved his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

InFlames235 posted:

I know, the ones I'm talking about aren't the real friends that I'd actually want to talk to in real life, though. They are the acquaintances from high school and other places that I'm just too lazy/don't care enough to delete.

Well that sounds like a healthy habit. Go on then.

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

My facebook friend posted on facebook that he was committing suicide before slashing his wrists, and then someone saw the post and called an ambulance and they went round to his house and were able to treat him and save his life. Facebook literally saved his life.

Is that a point for or against facebook?

• Locked thread