Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I bought the series on my kindle because I figured I'd try something new, and wheel of time was like a top 5 series or some poo poo so I've been reading it and nothing happens except descriptions of food, people getting spanked, an emo main character and talk of bosoms and arms being crossed under breasts

then poo poo gets all hosed up in the last few pages of the book, but that's the only time something happens so should I just stop reading it and try to get a refund or just read the last 50 pages of each book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
How can you get through any of the books to make it near the last 50 pages? Glad that cocksucker is dead.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

does anything happen in any of the pages?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Dead Precedents posted:

How can you get through any of the books to make it near the last 50 pages? Glad that cocksucker is dead.

I've been wondering that too, but it had good ratings, I don't know how

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i vaguely remember something happening in the first four otherwise i wouldnt have been able to trudge through them but do things happen after that?

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
just make paper airplanes out of the last pages

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

jackyl posted:

I've been wondering that too, but it had good ratings, I don't know how

I made the same mistake long ago. Half-way through the first book I realized he was terrified of going anywhere near a plot.*

*Like me being terrified of going near exercising equipment

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
The first book is great, then there's a steady decline, and the last two books are great again. The end of the series is kind of impossible to read if you skip the crappy middle books though, you'll probably have no idea about what's going on.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
*tugs braid*

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

*smooths skirt*

naem
May 29, 2011

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah reading is hard OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Yeah we already had a wheel of time thread so go ahead and close this one.

• Locked thread