Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

Robodog posted:

But this DS remake? I heard about it years ago, but never saw it. And… wow. It doesn't even seem like it's the same game. Is the whole remake like that, or does it come back on track and follow the Lufia 2 story proper?

Outside of the introduction there's one thing I can recall that wasn't in the SNES story, and for the most part they sync up again. Of course I played it once when it came out so I'm expecting I've blocked out all the really dumb poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
I blocked that entire mine cart thing from my memory, please disregard anything I may have said about the DS game being good.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

I routinely found nothing on my runs (or died before I could find the providence) so you better equip it.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

Brony Hunter posted:

Crisis of Infinite Dekars

Also, can someone spoil the ending differences in the DS remake before the thread closes? I've heard the side characters (Tia, Lexis etc) get better conclusions, but that's all I know.

I played it once years ago but from what I remember the main difference is Tia doesn't actually disappear after the wedding, she comes back, and starts dating Dekar. Good for her. I don't think Lexis had anything change for his ending, but given that he's a backseat team member instead of an active team field member I guess he tags along to Doom Island or something. Other than that it's all still mostly the same plot till you hit NG+, where at the start Erim thinks she recognizes Maxim, which means at the end of the game she decides to use her last energy to personally save Parcelyte and send Maxim and Selan home. Pretty much a change from out of left field for the sake of having a happy ending.

• Locked thread