Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This was the first rpg I ever played, yes I bought it from Funcoland... I still beat it, then I beat it again, then I beat that rear end in a top hat CLEAN the first time on a non reset save... and then I spent so long grinding the roguelike dungeon mode because I could. :allears: BOOKMARKED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:kimchi: Capsule monsters! :syoon:

They are just part of why this game was so good, completely optional doom beasts you can just pick up and have follow you around, and it gives a use to old equips.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

In a world of poo poo ruining mages, heroes, mad scientists, etc, Guy is just that, Some guy. This is what makes him amazing.

That chest stuff is a pile of cocks. :argh:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Grind and kick his teeth in. DO IT

I did it without the 4x I might be a total nerd but it was worth it honest.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:allears: Dekar, :allears:

:getin: as well

yesssssssss.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Idura is seriously the hugest jerk in jerk city. JERK.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PFlats posted:

It's a roguelike dungeon with no bearing on the actual game. Pretty much a second game built into Lufia 2.

And it is awesome, like so awesome i'm still not entirely sure how they managed to fit it all into the same cartridge as the base game.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Shaezerus posted:

GO FOR THE HIGH SCORE

This is avatar worthy material right here.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Raked

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Robodog posted:

Why did Dekar have to die!? Beating down walls with his head was what he did! He'd be through that door in seconds.

Obviously so you couldn't break down that door in seconds.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Dual Blade does have the absolute best ip in the game... just you have such a limited chance to use it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So yep, Dekar didn't die he is literally that hardcore, took him a while to punch his way through the entire mountain that fell on him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:allears: My favorite was the FF7 Aeris revival myths. But oh god yes the early days of gaming were a complete hell of a drug for theories and secrets about things... some of them were even real.

• Locked thread