Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I'd forgotten how good some of the music in this game is. :allears:

Lufia 2 has an amazing soundtrack. You do get sick of the generic dungeon themes, but everything else - especially anything for cutscenes/plot - is top notch. And all the battle themes are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I like the artwork in the DS remake overall. I haven't actually played it, but I've seen a few videos. I'm interested in seeing what different directions they take the plot.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

N.N. Ashe posted:

There's atleast once place you can get most 1 time jewels later in the game, though it requires a bit of luck.

I think you can get all such otherwise-missable items there, but yeah... RNG is a huge factor.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

But never quite identical, showing that they took pains to mix it up slightly.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

It's an endgame spoiler for the game we're not actually playing, Lufia 1. That said, I do agree that it would be a good idea to table this discussion for now. There will be a much better time for it later on.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I just want to say that I really liked Tia's sendoff. She and Dekar had a good conversation there.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

CmdrKing posted:

I think the developers did too, based on the DS remake.

The GBC game is set I believe 100 years after the first game? Might be 200. You'd think I would remember since I started playing the game like two weeks ago. Although based on Wain's design i assuming he's descended from Maxim and Lufia 1's hero? Dunno that the game ever says as much.

The GBC game's intro sets it 100 years after Lufia 1 and 200 years after Lufia 2, if memory serves.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Yeah, that replacement shopkeeper moves in when Tia joins the party, and apparently keeps her job when Tia leaves the party.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I remember hating this upcoming dungeon. I don't remember quite why (blatant filler notwithstanding).

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Speaking of, I'm still enjoying SC Bracer's posts as well. I've played the original many times but have never played the remake, so this topic's doing double-duty as both nostalgia LP of a game that I know and fresh LP of a game I don't (really) know.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Blastinus posted:

Hmm. Looks like the localization team missed one.

:confused: It's a little overly formal (but then, it's Iris), but it's totally grammatically valid as far as I can tell.

Vil fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 29, 2015

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Yes, that makes more sense. Carry on!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Blastinus posted:

But don't be too eager to leave. There's a breakable wall disguised cunningly as a candle. You'd know to be suspicious of this candle because

I always figured this one was a subtler case of the exact same hint for the room:

Also, fun fact - you know that water elemental capsule monster we got? The one which was the very last one in the game (if you didn't miss any as you went)?

Young Vil kept backtracking and exploring, under the logic of "but the manual says it's available near the beginning, I must have missed it!" When I finally did find it at this point in the game, I was kinda annoyed.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

I propose this monster be called Lies.

I can get behind this. :black101:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is it possible to get back to Gratze at all?

I want to say that you can take the sub back to the dungeon, but the door leading out of it to Gratze doesn't open any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Blastinus posted:

So after a bit of evaluation, I might want to wait until I get the Egg Dragon subquest done before I tackle this next part. Pretty much the instant we finish the upcoming dungeon, the game hustles us to the endgame.

Well, strictly speaking it's after finishing the third one. You can gently caress off after the first two (and clearing most of the way through the third) if you like.

But from a standpoint of LP narrative, I agree that it's probably best to go sidequesting now rather than later.

• Locked thread