Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
I remember this game having an 80's-sitcom-like obsession with discussing gender relations, although I wonder if I'm just exaggerating things in my mind. Looking forward to seeing this play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
This game has the second or third best castle theme of any RPG I can think of.

Also, Foomy is Foomy.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
The whole post-Gades thing was when I really started to regard Iris as an obnoxious weak spot in the narrative. It gets to the point where it's like playing D&D with an insufferable auteur-like DM, the kind that has their mysterious DMPC follow the party around and overwrite wipeouts at the behest of some greater Destiny the Plot.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

mauman posted:

We actually talked about this one earlier.

To sum it up (as far as my memory goes)

A: She can equip swords

B: She's not a bad fighter (she's WAY better than Tia for instance).

C: She's great compared to everybody who's not named Maxim, Guy, or Dekar (or Gades, or etc...).

I'm pretty sure she's a worse physical combatant than every character you get except Tia.

If I remember correctly, the only person that tries to pigeonhole Selan into the "support magic user" role is Guy. Since he seems to be Audience Surrogate Dude, though, that may be an intended meta-joke.

Jeedy Jay fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 8, 2015

• Locked thread