Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Games:

Maps:

Picks:

Playoff Implications (thanks kalensc):

Dallas Cowboys:
2nd Seed if Sea lose vStL AND Ari lose @S.F.
3rd Seed if Sea win vStL OR Ari win @S.F.
(Note that the Dal@Was result is meaningless UNLESS there is a tie in either Det@G.B or StL@Sea or Ari@S.F).

Indianapolis Colts:
3rd Seed if - Win @Ten AND Cin tie @Pit.
4th Seed if - Lose @Ten OR Cin win @Pit OR Cin lose @Pit.

San Diego Chargers:
6th Seed if - Win @K.C.
Eliminated if - Lose @K.C.

Baltimore Ravens:
6th Seed if - Win vCle AND S.D lose @K.C.
Eliminated if - Lose vCle OR S.D win @K.C.

Houston Texans:
6th Seed if - Win vJax AND S.D lose @K.C AND Bal lose vCle.
Eliminated if - Lose vJax OR S.D win @K.C OR Bal win vCle.

Kansas City Chiefs:
6th Seed if - Win vS.D AND Bal lose vCle AND Hou lose vJax.
Eliminated if - Lose vS.D OR Bal win vCle OR Hou win vJax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
NFL season is over for most teams :rip: sweet prince

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

:spooky: Go Chargers! :spooky:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
that CBS interview with nate ebner about his rugby past was actually pretty cool, impressed to see something actually worth viewing during pre-game activities

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Go the Cowboys (really Romo) and please don't break anyone important.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Go Browns.
Go Chiefs.
Go Texans.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Bill Simmons @BillSimmons
Jay Glazer just reported that a Jets advisor called Rex Ryan's agent to ask about a different coach for that job. The Jets are the best.

:laugh:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Trestman, our backs have turned to you.

#AllBearsSeasonsMatter

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Patriots are sitting Gronk, we're finally going to get him for the playoffs :getin:

Patriots are also sitting a bunch of their injured players like Edleman who would play if this game mattered to make sure they heal and don't aggravate the injuries. I like this.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

CBS/FOX in NH is showing two meaningless games :toot:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I watch sadly, and turn my eyes to the draft. Where we'll likely screw up a high pick. Again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Hopefully the season ends today for the Ravens.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Go Giants. Well, not really. But I think it'd be more of a wake-up call to the team to get blown out in the final game and finish 9-7. I anticipate some hilarity.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The season is over today for twenty teams and their fanbases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I hope Cutler goes out in a blaze of glory.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
As far as I see it, there are only good outcomes for the Falcons today. Either they win the division and make the playoffs in hilarious fashion, or they lose and get a decent draft pick at 6-10.

As far as the actual early games, I hope every eliminated team beats every contending team, of course. In the games between two eliminated teams, I hope they tie.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oh shut up CBS who cares if a losing team gets a home game they act like it's some high crime. The worst division winner vs the best non-division winner is an intriguing matchup who cares if sometimes the worst division winner is bad.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

Kawalimus posted:

Oh shut up CBS who cares if a losing team gets a home game they act like it's some high crime. The worst division winner vs the best non-division winner is an intriguing matchup who cares if sometimes the worst division winner is bad.

Also, I think the Falcons/Panthers have a real shot at beating the Cardinals who are the most likely team to end up at the 5 spot. So that'd be 2/2 of losing teams winning a playoff game, so people might have to shut up.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

YMB posted:

Go Giants. Well, not really. But I think it'd be more of a wake-up call to the team to get blown out in the final game and finish 9-7. I anticipate some hilarity.

I'm routing for OBJr or ODB, whatever his nickname is, to tie Michael Irvin's record. Hoping for a giants win to finish the season and an exciting afternoon of football. Lots of Philly fans here at the stadium would love for them to go home disappointed.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Go Browns. gently caress draft position. gently caress the Ravens.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Why has :spooky: become associated with the Chargers?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hughesta posted:

I hope Cutler goes out in a blaze of glory.

I don't know what I want from this Bears game.

On one hand, I'd like to see Cutler ignore every 'official' play call and just run his own plays which somehow rack up like 400 yards and several TDs while the cameras occasionally cut to the sidelines showing Trestman just mad as hell.

On the other hand, I'd kind of like to see Cutler just spike the ball every single throw just to spite Trestman.

Also, I don't really want Minnesota to win just because they would manage to snag that 0-6 division record.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YMB posted:

Also, I think the Falcons/Panthers have a real shot at beating the Cardinals who are the most likely team to end up at the 5 spot. So that'd be 2/2 of losing teams winning a playoff game, so people might have to shut up.

They'll just whine about them getting a home playoff game.

When it's really for the best, gives a division reason to pay attention to the playoffs to wait for their scrubby winner to get owned, and gives them reason to hate when they squeak out a win at home against a 'better' team.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Daniel2Bowe for 6 will 100% happen today god bless all of you

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Kawalimus posted:

Hopefully the season ends today for the Ravens.

lol this already?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Come on Jets, it looks like you have nothing to play for, but beating the Dolphins is something every real Jets fan appreciates. Beat the Dolphins, carry Rex out on your shoulders and get ready for whatever godawful new GM and Coach we're getting in 2015 that will lead the Jay Cutler lead Jets to the Super Bowl.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Also, remember all: This is an SJW forum and I expect no slurs from anyone here. Thanks and have a happy New Year!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Come on Jets, it looks like you have nothing to play for, but beating the Dolphins is something every real Jets fan appreciates. Beat the Dolphins, carry Rex out on your shoulders and get ready for whatever godawful new GM and Coach we're getting in 2015 that will lead the Jay Cutler lead Jets to the Super Bowl.

I want Rex to get another job within 2 years mostly to see how many of his guys end up following him there.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Every time I hear about Johnny Manziel's fall from grace I feel a little wave of schadenfreude pass over me.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Go Reskins/Lions/49ers I guess!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Parmesan Basil posted:

Daniel2Bowe for 6 will 100% happen today god bless all of you

going 15 games without a WR TD is pathetic

going a whole season... is a magical, special stat

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kazil posted:

lol this already?

We'd be better off with a higher draft pick than making the playoffs just to get whomped by whichever team we end up against.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

YMB posted:

Every time I hear about Johnny Manziel's fall from grace I feel a little wave of schadenfreude pass over me.
I feel like he was never in a position to 'fall from grace' from, which makes it all the better.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kawalimus posted:

We'd be better off with a higher draft pick than making the playoffs just to get whomped by whichever team we end up against.

I don't think there's all that much difference between picking 16th or picking 21st.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I'd like to see the Texans get to the playoffs and the necessary game outcomes aren't THAT farfetched. I just wanna see JJ smile.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah, having any shot at a championship is definitely worse than picking 5 spots earlier.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Brannock posted:

I don't think there's all that much difference between picking 16th or picking 21st.

A difference of like one or two picks would have gotten us Dez Bryant a few years back. I'll take it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Kawalimus posted:

A difference of like one or two picks would have gotten us Dez Bryant a few years back. I'll take it.

Remember all those Super Bowls Dez Bryant has won?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Beautiful Ninja posted:

i don't care anymore, as long as we don't draft winston

oh and remember, the draft is in chicago sorry fans of jetsdraft.flv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kawalimus posted:

Were the Ravens planning on taking Dez Bryant in the first place?

• Locked thread