Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The last chat thread was uh certainly a thread that's for sure. Don't post stupid poo poo that's going to get you banned or probated or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
ok MOM

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What does everyone have planned for the final game they'll play this year? I'll probably just choose something arbitrarily on New Year's Eve.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Unguided posted:

What does everyone have planned for the final game they'll play this year?

I'm gonna hook up my brand new Wii U and play some motherfuckin' Bayonetta 2

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Unguided posted:

What does everyone have planned for the final game they'll play this year? I'll probably just choose something arbitrarily on New Year's Eve.

I dunno about the final game for this year, but the first game I play every year for the past like ten years is a playthrough of Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Knock it out in like ten to fifteen minutes, I'm not good at speedrunning but it's still fun. :)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I picked up Dungeon of the Endless on sale earlier this month and have been enjoying the heck out of it. I like all the different parts of the game and how they work together (tower defence, dungeon crawler, resource management, rogue-like-whatever) and it's difficult as hell!

Tried multiplayer a few times and once they fix the occasional crash and the ability to share items with your buddy it'll be great.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh cool you recreated the thread that you thought was bad and poo poo?
Ok

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait people got banned

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Oh cool you recreated the thread that you thought was bad and poo poo?
Ok

I have faith in the posters of Games to make this one better

I believe

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

wait people got banned

No it just got really long and bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I have faith in the posters of Games to make this one better

I believe

No it just got really long and bad

the posters of Games

really long and bad

make this one better

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
I touched a hot stove and it burned my hand, should I touch it again? Maybe this time it won't burn my hand, because I believe

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Unguided posted:

Watch Dogs :getin:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

My faith in the good posters of this thread to be able to chat about games without devolving into masturbating about non gaming topics remains unshaken. Much like the Guardian in FF3(6 over in Japan) I am immovable until Kefka's Tower.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Unguided posted:

I've got Sports Friends just for drunken Johann Sebastian Joust for my New Years Eve party lined up. Maybe some Jackbox before everyone is too wasted to draw penises on our phones

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My faith in the good posters of this thread to be able to chat about games without devolving into masturbating about non gaming topics remains unshaken. Much like the Guardian in FF3(6 over in Japan) I am immovable until Kefka's Tower.
I'd actually prefer people not masturbate about gaming topics either. I think even Horny King Edgar from FF3 (Edgar no Hentai in Japan) would agree.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Today I got my wisdom teeth removed. Without Shovel Knight, I probably would have wrote this day off as the worst of the year because I have felt horrible since I have had the surgery.

Seriously Shovel Knight is really good get it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

No Stuxes Allowed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Today I got my wisdom teeth removed. Without Shovel Knight, I probably would have wrote this day off as the worst of the year because I have felt horrible since I have had the surgery.

Seriously Shovel Knight is really good get it.
I hope you don't get a dry socket, but if you do, consider buying a Nintendo 3DS so you can take it to your oral surgeon's office with you. Get Kirby Triple Deluxe so you will have something pleasing and colorful to play while on painkillers.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope you don't get a dry socket, but if you do, consider buying a Nintendo 3DS so you can take it to your oral surgeon's office with you. Get Kirby Triple Deluxe so you will have something pleasing and colorful to play while on painkillers.

I hope I don't get dry socket either, but I kind of had to do poo poo I shouldn't have done (spitting) because the anesthesia wearing off made me vomit a couple of times. poo poo's not fun. At least the Percocets help. I'm doing a pretty good job at Shovel Knight despite being high as gently caress though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mercury Crusader posted:

I dunno about the final game for this year, but the first game I play every year for the past like ten years is a playthrough of Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Knock it out in like ten to fifteen minutes, I'm not good at speedrunning but it's still fun. :)

jack frost is the best mascot

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I really hope The Division is good.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Unguided posted:

I won't have time for video games on NYE but I'll probably finish up my PC run of DaS2 finally. I beat it on PS3 when it came out but for some reason I could just never get into it the way I got into DeS or DaS. I know there was kind of a lovely argument about the quality of DaS2 recently in the other thread but there it is, I don't think it's as good.

Bleusilences posted:

I really hope The Division is good.

RIP

Sweet if it is good but I bet it isn't even a video game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Play Skullgirls, it's good fighter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Gas this thread.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

I think I said it in another thread but I really want a game like that. The fact that it's been push back and the track records of ubisoft tell me it will either be a revolution or another watch_dog.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 30, 2014

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kalstrams posted:

it really isn't that good

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bleusilences posted:

I think I said it in another thread but I really want a game like that. The fact that it's been push back and the track records of ubisoft tell me it will either be a revolution or another watch_dog.

Don't you get that too good to be true vibe? A good 3rd person shooter with loot mechanics, a persistent open world, insane graphics, AND it's all online? Even if they pulled it all off, they'd pack it with non cosmetic microtransactions.

scraps69
Dec 28, 2014
I'm really sinking my teeth into Eve Online, and Hearthstone. Is WOW Draenor any good?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Don't you get that too good to be true vibe? A good 3rd person shooter with loot mechanics, a persistent open world, insane graphics, AND it's all online? Even if they pulled it all off, they'd pack it with non cosmetic microtransactions.

I hope they learned with that failure of ghost recon game.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Dragon Age Inquisition's multiplayer is actually pretty dang fun and you should give it a shot. The thread has some great starter builds for your first unlocks.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
please play video games.

thank you, that is all

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

VideoGames posted:

please play video games.

thank you, that is all

:raise::yikes:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Red Crown posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition's multiplayer is actually pretty dang fun and you should give it a shot. The thread has some great starter builds for your first unlocks.

it isnt'

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Hey everyone, people have different tastes in games. So stop acting angry when someone says a game like The Stanley Parable wasn't fun for them. :)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

You should have just closed the other thread and left it at that

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

zen death robot posted:

You should have just closed the other thread and left it at that

It's the end of the month anyways, might as well start up the new thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want this thread to be good, but I don't think it will be.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I enjoy video games and most of my fellow gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the stanely parable owns and if you didnt play the original back then you misse dout big time

• Locked thread